it's abt 11 deaf peep who kick out from airplane

It's too late because They accept it as compliment from the airline..... and They CAN'T sue them in court....

If I were them , I wouldn't accept the compliment as it stated above , I would rather to sue them for $$.....

VamPyroX said:
That's awful. It's all to blame on the person who took your ticket. They should have checked your ticket to confirm whether you were getting on the right plane or not.

I almost got into this similar situation before. I had landed at a layover airport. I arrived at the next expected gate two hours before it was expected to depart. There wasn't anyone there so I just sat there fidding around with my PDA and reading my magazines. Nearly two hours later, I looked at the gate and no one showed up. There wasn't even a note or a sign that said that the gate had changed. I got a little suspicious since they usually say that the plane is boarded 20 minutes before departure and it was 10 minutes before departure. I went to check the monitor and realized that they had moved the gate to another location. I ended up running half-way across the terminal... managing to board the plane just in time. Whew!

You need to remind the customer service that you are hearing impaired and they will give you the special service of need.

AmericaWest are very friendly customer service when I mention them I am hearing impaired. They tag on my shoulder to tell me there is flight ready to be board. I go there. they give me nice seat the front seat next to the first-class. Plus they switch monitor with subtitle on to tell the safety rules - yada yada.

don't be afraid - just ask any customer service if they can give a help for you, special boy.

^Angel^ said:
It's too late because They accept it as compliment from the airline..... and They CAN'T sue them in court....

If I were them , I wouldn't accept the compliment as it stated above , I would rather to sue them for $$.....

greedy greedy greedy :D I think they should sue in exchange to get free airfare for 5 years! :naughty:

since this thread is talking about sort of discrimination but I'm going off point little bits about UPS (United Parcel Service) which I used to work for... I'm sure some of ya remmy about deafies suing UPS... well I was one of the members suing them... and guess what the case is over but not entirely the last time I heard... it's still on about UPS driver and some serious issues that I'm not aware of. but minor issues are resolved as well I got a check from my lawyer for settlement... Not just me but who were part of class act against UPS I'm sure they got their late Christmas money :)

illustrator said:
greedy greedy greedy :D I think they should sue in exchange to get free airfare for 5 years! :naughty:
if I sue in exchange to get free airfare for 5 years... whoo hehe then I'm gonna fly everyday for jetlag daily and free food.... what a life lol

I can't believe no one has noticed a very important portion of the article:

LovelyBlkGal said:
The friends - from a centre for the deaf in Liverpool - had arranged a weekend away in Amsterdam.

That's Liverpool in GREAT BRITAIN and Amsterdam in NETHERLAND. That's in Europe, where they don't have great things such as the ADA. Therefore, they do not have the same kind of equal access laws that we enjoy in America. Therefore, no, those students would not have the same ability to SUE THE PANTS OFF the airline like we would be able to in the U.S. Sorry, folks, but this is what happens when you deal with international travel, especially those places that aren't so concerned about human services.

Well if that the case then Im staying OUT Of GREAT BRITAIN and Amsterdam in NETHERLAND!! HA!

It's sooooooo great to see Americans putting other countries down. NOT.

Besides, the UK recognises BSL as one of their official languages, and America has yet to have done that.

I heard some people saying that there will be a protest at Utah Deaf Centre about the government getting rid of ADA, and I heard something outrageous, they said government in the USA is thinking of banning deaf people from driving. Don't know if this is true or not, but we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dennis said:
I can't believe no one has noticed a very important portion of the article:

That's Liverpool in GREAT BRITAIN and Amsterdam in NETHERLAND. That's in Europe, where they don't have great things such as the ADA. Therefore, they do not have the same kind of equal access laws that we enjoy in America. Therefore, no, those students would not have the same ability to SUE THE PANTS OFF the airline like we would be able to in the U.S. Sorry, folks, but this is what happens when you deal with international travel, especially those places that aren't so concerned about human services.

This is a completely xenophobic statement. While Americans might rave over the ADA, this does NOT mean that other countries do not have disability rights laws. While I am not familiar with the specific laws in the UK, many European countries have quite extensive social support systems. They are paid for with something americans hate, called taxes. In many cases, their support for those less fortunate (poor, elderly, disabled, etc etc) makes American systems almost laughable. And yes, some countries do have laws on the books which go further than the ADA.

Few years ago, I was at Salt Lake City airport because I had to switch planes. Anyway, I went to the gate and waited for my second airplane. When my airplane should been boarding on time but about 15 minutes passed the departure time, I sat and watched the news on the big screen. Nothing happened so I went to the ticket counter asked the lady what happened? I had a hard time understanding her but she knew some sign and told me that my airplane was late and offered me $15 refund so I can go eat to nearby cafe. Finally my second airplane boarded at very late time!

Because we CAN´t hear :confused: What a stupid!!!
:ugh:
Why can´t they see that we (deaf) are normal like everyone but we only CAN´t hear!!! Because of those ears!
:madfawk: :rifle: :evil:

kuifje75 said:
I heard some people saying that there will be a protest at Utah Deaf Centre about the government getting rid of ADA, and I heard something outrageous, they said government in the USA is thinking of banning deaf people from driving. Don't know if this is true or not, but we'll see.

You have GOT to be kidding me. Illegalizing the right to drive for deaf individuals? What genius dreamt that up!?!?

That indicent is downright wrong. They are bound to win in lawsuit, boy, they will be flithy rich. Something that they will regret omniously. As most of you know I'm a student pilot, I am beyond pissed and wish I could get a pilot license now and stumble their pride down to the grinding ground. One of them should become a pilot and return back to the same pilot and say "Remmy me? The one you kicked out a while ago? Here I am, a pilot!" and sneer at their faces.

Plane

Im thinking about the embarrassment that they suffered through...If that had been me, I would have disembarked, then filed complaints all over the airport, airline and whoever I could sue...and remember it doesnt state that they took a complimentary ticket later - they might have had to buy new tickets for the later flight. Only time will tell.

Smiles,
DD :slap:

LinuxGold said:
As most of you know I'm a student pilot, I am beyond pissed and wish I could get a pilot license now and stumble their pride down to the grinding ground. One of them should become a pilot and return back to the same pilot and say "Remmy me? The one you kicked out a while ago? Here I am, a pilot!" and sneer at their faces.

:lol: ...That will give that pilot a speechless moment once you show up with your pilot license--> :deal: *my turn now*....

EASYJET Banned Deaf Passenger Twice

April 5, 2004
LONDON, ENGLAND - EASYJET gives grovelling apology for trying to ban deaf
passenger..then FIVE DAYS later tries to ban him again. EASYJET tried to
stop a deaf man getting on their plane - just five days after apologising
for ordering him off another flight.
Airline staff told Steve McKenna, 43, he was a "liability" because they
claimed he couldn't understand safety procedures.
And the sign language tutor said he was "humiliated" as he pleaded to board
his return flight from Belfast to Liverpool.
He said the flight was delayed for 45 minutes before he was finally allowed
on the plane.
Steve, from Liverpool, said: "I argued with the crew for 30 minutes saying I
fully understood safety procedures and could comply with them. But I was
ridiculed and totally humiliated and made to feel like some sort of leper."
Ironically, Steve had just received an apology after he was thrown off an
easyJet flight to Amsterdam with 10 deaf friends last October.

Red~Rum said:
EASYJET Banned Deaf Passenger Twice

April 5, 2004
LONDON, ENGLAND - EASYJET gives grovelling apology for trying to ban deaf
passenger..then FIVE DAYS later tries to ban him again. EASYJET tried to
stop a deaf man getting on their plane - just five days after apologising
for ordering him off another flight.
Airline staff told Steve McKenna, 43, he was a "liability" because they
claimed he couldn't understand safety procedures.
And the sign language tutor said he was "humiliated" as he pleaded to board
his return flight from Belfast to Liverpool.
He said the flight was delayed for 45 minutes before he was finally allowed
on the plane.
Steve, from Liverpool, said: "I argued with the crew for 30 minutes saying I
fully understood safety procedures and could comply with them. But I was
ridiculed and totally humiliated and made to feel like some sort of leper."
Ironically, Steve had just received an apology after he was thrown off an
easyJet flight to Amsterdam with 10 deaf friends last October.
Damn! That sucks!

That sucks! I've always had great service and people willing to help. My seatmates know better to shut up, too. JK! :fly3:

Back