Interesting film about if world is gay and straight is different...

Considering how the earths population increases exponentially it will indeed become a problem eventually.

*Ponders if God made people gay in an effort of his own brand of population control. There always being a percentage of the population NOT being able to reproduce because of who they're attracted to*

It may, and i'm sure we as a species will come up with something to handle it. When "they" do and mark my words according to them it will very much be a "they" not an us. "they" will test it on the deaf like they have done and it will be on the deaf "they" do it again before anyone else.
With all this overpopulation why have a deaf baby? Just nip it in the bud before the genes even do what they can, even more when by fate or hapenstance a child or adult becomes deaf grow a new ear, we have different ones in stock, from cheap to luxury. In the very near future they will map you easily and know you have the deaf gene and thus it will be targeted. same goes for any other "disability" real or imagined the hearing world views a such.
im not falling for the hype of overpopulation.
come to canada
we have plenty of room to go around for many generations
who will decide in this world of tech, who is born and who lives? who is straight and who is not? who is deaf and who is hearing? who is black, who is white? the color of your eyes so on
heres a quick list of those to be eliminated to keep population at what ever the .gov deems a standard
deaf (it will be even cheaper then imlpants, just oder a hearing kid. period. it will be standard. parents wont even be asked. just order a delux human. it comes with all the bells and whistles)
blind as above
mentaly retarded of all stripes (get rid of them, a waste of prescious resources, the world is finate. we need not waste it)
midgets (your time is numbered)
the list and reasons can run into a sad litany...
follow it through

That's all a little too tin foil hat for me ;) not saying it couldn't happen, but it's not something I'm going to work myself up over and worry about since it's just a possibility, I'll worry about it when it's actually happening.

That's all a little too tin foil hat for me ;) not saying it couldn't happen, but it's not something I'm going to work myself up over and worry about since it's just a possibility, I'll worry about it when it's actually happening.
Good point. It's kind of a waste of energy to go into the "what ifs'." There are too many current real life problems and situations to deal with without adding the "what if" situations. :)

Critical thinking matters. If we are not going to explore the social ramifications of ideologies and or what constructs them for which and to which end
then
indeed
The deaf are doomed to the fate of the dodo bird.
This entire thread is about "a what if". why come into a thread about a "what if" if your not ready to truly explore the reaches of certain lines of thought. Asking "what if" brings up ideas, ideas have consequences. What is tin foil hat about a society that oder human beings as any product? the "what if" of this thread led to an idea that such a society could with the aid of tech be possible. which then led to the question of what the ramifications of having tech so intricately involved in the propagation of our species be?
i ask truly if any one here believes for a second that if tech tmw was cheap enough and cookie cutter enough it would not be used to cure deafness with out narry even batting an eye. that same tech could be used to propagate th species. technology is not neutral.

Critical thinking matters. If we are not going to explore the social ramifications of ideologies and or what constructs them for which and to which end
then
indeed
The deaf are doomed to the fate of the dodo bird.
This entire thread is about "a what if". why come into a thread about a "what if" if your not ready to truly explore the reaches of certain lines of thought. Asking "what if" brings up ideas, ideas have consequences. What is tin foil hat about a society that oder human beings as any product? the "what if" of this thread led to an idea that such a society could with the aid of tech be possible. which then led to the question of what the ramifications of having tech so intricately involved in the propagation of our species be?
i ask truly if any one here believes for a second that if tech tmw was cheap enough and cookie cutter enough it would not be used to cure deafness with out narry even batting an eye. that same tech could be used to propagate th species. technology is not neutral.

Okay. You led the thread to this "what if", I seriously doubt that is the line of thinking the makers of this video wanted you to go to. It's very conspiracy theoryish, being able to order a la carte the DNA of your offspring, that's what makes it tin foil hat. Personally though I don't have problems with manipulating DNA to remove genetic disorders, if they could have removed otosclerosis from my DNA that would have been awesome. But skin color eye color talents etc etc are not genetic disorders and what if'ing if society will go there is kind of silly. I don't think we'd go down that slippery slope, but whatever. If you want to borrow trouble knock yourself out.

Last edited:
It is like some of those videos or vlogs that some Deaf people made about what it would be like if the majority were deaf and being hearing was in the minority. I think even hearing people being in the minority would have full access to language, communication and information because they are visual learners as well. We would be able to work together to make that possible for people who are deaf and blind.

Then, the world would be accessible to everyone!

I would love to imagine A World Where Being "Deaf" The Norm & Being "Hearing" Would Be The Minority...

That does not solve anything. What about both sides being treated equal . I am so sick of it being 'us' against 'them'. How about it being ' we' working as a team to learn how to understand one another better.

HEY leave ambrosia out of it she isn't THAT short and what she lacks in height she makes up for in spirit!!! Besides, she isn't short she's fun sized !!! :D

That does not solve anything. What about both sides being treated equal . I am so sick of it being 'us' against 'them'. How about it being ' we' working as a team to learn how to understand one another better.

^^^ this, best post on here. :) kudos wdys!!

It may, and i'm sure we as a species will come up with something to handle it. When "they" do and mark my words according to them it will very much be a "they" not an us. "they" will test it on the deaf like they have done and it will be on the deaf "they" do it again before anyone else.
With all this overpopulation why have a deaf baby? Just nip it in the bud before the genes even do what they can, even more when by fate or hapenstance a child or adult becomes deaf grow a new ear, we have different ones in stock, from cheap to luxury. In the very near future they will map you easily and know you have the deaf gene and thus it will be targeted. same goes for any other "disability" real or imagined the hearing world views a such.
im not falling for the hype of overpopulation.
come to canada
we have plenty of room to go around for many generations
who will decide in this world of tech, who is born and who lives? who is straight and who is not? who is deaf and who is hearing? who is black, who is white? the color of your eyes so on
heres a quick list of those to be eliminated to keep population at what ever the .gov deems a standard
deaf (it will be even cheaper then imlpants, just oder a hearing kid. period. it will be standard. parents wont even be asked. just order a delux human. it comes with all the bells and whistles)
blind as above
mentaly retarded of all stripes (get rid of them, a waste of prescious resources, the world is finate. we need not waste it)
the list and reasons can run into a sad litany...
follow it through

This is happening in Russia, babies that born with disability are removed from society and forgotten about . Assisted suicide is being often to elderly instead of getting med. This happen in USA to a woman that had cancer.
When I was a health aide I saw how my clients got less care and it was not because they where getting better .

This is happening in Russia, babies that born with disability are removed from society and forgotten about . Assisted suicide is being often to elderly instead of getting med. This happen in USA to a woman that had cancer.
When I was a health aide I saw how my clients got less care and it was not because they where getting better .

yes, it's already happening ofc, it is at present more or less carried out covertly, largely because it's not yet a popular idea...just hoichi point is valid as the perfection being increasingly gained with technology, so too will demands of a "society of the perfect race" will increase also, nothing new, plenty of those can be found in SCI-FI flicks, Gattaca, Elysium, etc etc

Okay. You led the thread to this "what if", I seriously doubt that is the line of thinking the makers of this video wanted you to go to. It's very conspiracy theoryish, being able to order a la carte the DNA of your offspring, that's what makes it tin foil hat. Personally though I don't have problems with manipulating DNA to remove genetic disorders, if they could have removed otosclerosis from my DNA that would have been awesome. But skin color eye color talents etc etc are not genetic disorders and what if'ing if society will go there is kind of silly. I don't think we'd go down that slippery slope, but whatever. If you want to borrow trouble knock yourself out.

just think how boring the world would be will all same size penises , same sizes tits, same hair coloours, same skins, same areola colour and size, same pubes, same height, same eye colour...same muscle/fat ratios, same intelligenece.... same eyebrows... it would be SOOO BORING , Agree??

Who says I wanted to solve anything? Was just adding some fun to the topic. Do you have to take everything seriously?

I enjoy the problem solving process. Well... sometimes it is a big headache.
The looking at things from different and opposite points of view can happen within oneself and that to me is kind of fun.
It is a series of what if's alright and even though that is all they are it helps to give a truer look at something aside from my own possibly skewed views brought about by any number of things.

yes, it's already happening ofc, it is at present more or less carried out covertly, largely because it's not yet a popular idea...just hoichi point is valid as the perfection being increasingly gained with technology, so too will demands of a "society of the perfect race" will increase also, nothing new, plenty of those can be found in SCI-FI flicks, Gattaca, Elysium, etc etc

I saw a TV documentary about this and is show kids in cribs in vey depressing looking room and they where given very attention. I also too a course in Russian history and my college professor traveled to Russia a numbers of time and when I asked her what happen to kids that where born with disabilities she told the kids where locked up and forgotten about.

I saw a TV documentary about this and is show kids in cribs in vey depressing looking room and they where given very attention. I also too a course in Russian history and my college professor traveled to Russia a numbers of time and when I asked her what happen to kids that where born with disabilities she told the kids where locked up and forgotten about. This is not from SCI-FI flicks!

Who says I wanted to solve anything? Was just adding some fun to the topic. Do you have to take everything seriously?

It's very hard to tell when a person is being serious or trying to be funny when it come to talking about being deaf here. There are people here that only want to be hang around deaf people so as far I know you could be one . I am not saying there is anything wrong with this . You just can't tell when a person being serious or not when you can't see their face.

Back