Interesting film about if world is gay and straight is different...

Are you seriously trying to same homosexuality and heterosexuality are the same exact thing?

Seriously?

Ok, I think you probably need to reassess your definition - because the rest of the world disagrees.

U are thinking of the physical aspects. I am thinking of the LOVE between two people.

The ancient Greeks had 17 different words for love. They also did not see any difference between pederasty and homosexuality. They had a word for sexual love, and non sexual love. The Greeks distinguished how the word was used.

Just saying ....

The ancient Greeks had 17 different words for love. They also did not see any difference between pederasty and homosexuality. They had a word for sexual love, and non sexual love.

Just saying ....

What Ambrosia said...u are constantly twisting things around.

If you don't like gay/lesbian people, ok. However, it does not mean that they want to have sex with children, animals, or with their siblings. If you think there is a relationship between homosexuality and bestiality or incest, then why do heterosexual people have sex with their families, animals, and children?

Just saying....

Is that for me being fun sized lol :D I can't imagine that's for my last post in here :)

I'm not THAT short......but short enough for your future gene manipulators to weed that out lol

you would be against those 'eye candy men' LOL

What Ambrosia said...u are constantly twisting things around.

If you don't like gay/lesbian people, ok. However, it does not mean that they want to have sex with children, animals, or with their siblings. If you think there is a relationship between homosexuality and bestiality or incest, then why do heterosexual people have sex with their families, animals, and children?

Just saying....

Show me where I twisted anything around. Because the last time I checked, the words homosexuality and heterosexuality focused on the physical aspect of one's sexual orientation.

I also have not utilized the worn and overused tactic of eisegesis .

Heres another wink ambrosia
wink.
i figure why not.. Its time. and yes i think the first one was just for you being you.
now back to the thread.

I had watched that fantastic video.

Homosexuality is not a disease, end of the story.

Can anybody tell me how gay marriage or gay lifestyle "hurt" people?

Do you believe children should be taken away from GLBT families because you think it's immoral and sinful?

Can anybody tell me how gay marriage or gay lifestyle "hurt" people?

Do you believe children should be taken away from GLBT families because you think it's immoral and sinful?

strong point, i heard that comment (very similar to way you just said) 25 years ago...and it stands......people STILL don't get it...its not the hurting bit.....its the irrational hatred....just like fear and loathing deaf people...

your point is meant to challenge and disarm the 'feel the need to hate because of fear of something harmful' so indeed its a good line you used...what harm? but but people not just striaghts but those work in tax, marriage, insurance firms, home industry, even hotel industry fear the dissappearance of sex/gender themed romantic ideals which they reaped millions , just by selling 'pink' or 'white' or 'baroque romantics ideals (think this pillars king size bed with lace and cotton mesh screens all around' the "heaven sight'...all this comes from the 'straight world'.....fear of loss of economic interest and power interest..i dunno. im making this up along but trying to draw out another strange, unpronounced picture of fear...fear of change fear of no norms , fear of no meanings??!! something?

Honestly, it made me somewhat sad. As an adult (thank goodness not as a kid), I had to go through so much garbage because of the different between people it did make life more tough. My partner and I had been living in a house in a reasonable neighborhood. We went to the 25th anniversary of the day that turned the world upside down - Judy Garland died. We both word pink IBM triangle t-shirts. I got out of my car and grabbed groceries to hide it.

I'm still in the closet here and there. Yesterday, we sold my ten year old car for what we were asking. We went to my mechanic (I take both cars to him) to give him the raspberry because he didn't think we'd get the asking price. But Ms. Ballsy here was a little cautious because while Charlie knew I had a partner he never met her. He was fine and wanted us to bring back her car (I showed him mine that I got earlier this month). But I still go through garbage like this.

So, the shoe is on the other foot and I saw a bit of odd light. Some people here "get it" who don't live "our lives." Others simply don't and may never. Propagation of the species is a silly topic. My partner and I could've had kids. We opted not to. Someone in this thread said the poisons in our environment were cutting back the population and I agree! People of any orientation can have children (environment permitting). To me, it's a non-topic. I can't touch "In the beginning ..." because it isn't an argument.

Feeling threatened turns into an excuse. "You can't marry." You can't marry or be equal because it all boils down to a matter of money. To cite the source of that, I have to refer to Steinhauer's MIT paper. "You're intruding on my religion." We are not. Keep it. But understand that we have as much of a right to it as anyone else.

We can do everything everyone else can do. And yeah, we're the same as you we just happened to have fallen in love (nothing for many of us has to do with sex - it's different) with someone with whom we can have a deeper relationship with. I've been on both sides of the coin, so to write. I grew up dating guys. I grew into an adult dating women. My relationships were more connected. Our level of discussion more intellectual and deep.

Boy, what a film. Thanks, I think.

strong point, i heard that comment (very similar to way you just said) 25 years ago...and it stands......people STILL don't get it...its not the hurting bit.....its the irrational hatred....just like fear and loathing deaf people...
Grummer, super points. Yeah, I've lived through this ignorance and sometimes stupidity (for the stupidity part, I'll point to my very smart dad who wondered when I came out who wore the pants and who wore the dress - he was an MCP). We are not a threat. The population will not lessen. 25 years is a little less than 1/2 my lifetime and to still hear the same old arguments is just nuts. I had a bumper sticker on the window of my last car, "Ignorance is the most violent element of society." Some expletive from IBM left a ranting message on my car about it condemning me for having it. Geesh!

I can't think of one way it hurts people.

Nope.
While I agree with both of you 100%, those who have different beliefs in the bible will absolutely disagree and we can't get into that because we're on AD.

Back