Indiana School for the Deaf

HEEEY!

HEEEY! What about ISD.. I went to ISD since 15 years.. I've compared to another deaf school since and there some postive and negative in here.. But most postive things..that ISD do have high and good education. I had many mainstreaming friends who I've met and moved to our school.. Some of them are lucky and some of them not, because as for not lucky kid..

HEEEY!

HEEEY! What about ISD.. I went to ISD since 15 years.. I've compared to another deaf school since and there some postive and negative in here.. But most postive things..that ISD do have high and good education. I had many mainstreaming friends who I've met and moved to our school.. Some of them are lucky and some of them not, because as for not lucky kid.. If they joined ISD really late in high school..whew..its too late for them unless they 'll change and learn faster.. If join ISD in middle school or elementary ...they'll be fine.
Many outsiders friends or other students from other deaf school..they usually thinks we're all smart students here or all big head around here.. I don't believe that.. I'm still senior right now..here ISD.. And I've seen for 15 years here... We're all like one big family.. TRUE.. Whenever there's new student joined, they're part one of our family too. I strongly suggest if there's mainstreaming students outhere.. Join to ISD soon as possible!! Its for your future!

Yeah, I'm from Indiana School for the Deaf myself. It's a great school, with great bi-bi philosphy, and etc. ISD's one of the world class school. Their education is so great. I learned a lot from them. But one bad thing is the dormitory. It sucks, whatever you do, dont live at the dorm, I hate thier rules, feels like a prisoner, and cant do whatever you want. :)

hey jeff..that's not true.. I envy at the dorm.. You just dont really follow the rules. Just simpily follow the rules then you'll be all spoiled!!

Originally posted by GoofyBoy3
hey jeff..that's not true.. I envy at the dorm.. You just dont really follow the rules. Just simpily follow the rules then you'll be all spoiled!!

Hey, ja or jt,

You always confuse me!

back to the point...

I am totally agreed with you, about to follow the rules then we will be all spoiled! I second ya.

Originally posted by SilenceGold
I hope that many other State deaf schools would take upon ISD's examples.

they tried to take upon ISD's examples, but they cant be cuz they are not so true like ISD.

ISD are VERY true... and everything is Just amazing. once if you see my school's webpage.

www.deafhoosiers.com

Ah! Nothing is like when 5 words really shine.. Indiana School for the Deaf, my proud alma mater!

:roll: well u don't know if ISD is the best. I believe there's a better school other than ISD. unless u prove me wrong by having Gally issued that ISD is best education in USA.

ISD KICKS @$$!!

hey there you guys! yes yes.. ISD is one of the best deaf schools in the nation!! i graduated there this past may and although i may have complained whiile i was there, i now look back and thank ISD for what they gave to their students. Not only does it have an outstading academic team, but it also have fantastic sport teams as well. Numerous national champs and so on. The students and faclity there def. make it an outstanding world class school. as i move on with my life and into college.. i know ISD will be in my heart forever! im gona miss you fellow ISDers, but not to worry.. ill come home and visit on my breaks! :) keep real you guys.. and dont forget.. live up to your dreams everything is possiable! ox

Amby said:
I :dunno:- from what I can tell from the others...... thats what they are saying.
Yes, I was student of Indiana School for the Deaf. ISD are best education in USA.

come on y'all u are biased! most of u graduated from ISD, so of course y'all would say ISD is the best deaf school in the nation...I would rather to hear it from an outsider, who never went to ISD before...

NKidd said:
come on y'all u are biased! most of u graduated from ISD, so of course y'all would say ISD is the best deaf school in the nation...I would rather to hear it from an outsider, who never went to ISD before...

:werd:

I heard of that phrase over and over. Make me wonder who did labeled IndianaSD as best Deaf school in our nation. Who did? ISDers! No else than ISDers. I speak of the outsiders who observation on every Deaf school.

In the past, I heard MSSD was best Deaf school later change to MarylandSD to CSDF to IndianaSD. then who rated on every Deaf school annually?

If you have any link about which one's best Deaf school. Prove us!

NKidd said:

:werd: i agree NKidd!

Lasza -- ur post also has a valid point

I asked a woman I know who has been to over 180 schools in the U.S. what were the best deaf schools in her opinion, and this was her reply....

let me list the schools I consider to be the best in the
country, for reference:

Model Secondary School for the Deaf - Washington, D.C. Unquestionably the
best.
California School for the Deaf - Fremont, California
Maryland School for the Deaf - Frederick, Maryland

Pretty good schools include:

Illinois School for the Deaf - Jacksonville, Illinois
Wisconsin School for the Deaf - Delavan, Wisconsin
Rochester School for the Deaf - Rochester, New York
California School for the Deaf - Riverside
University High School (and its corresponding elem/MS programs) - Irvine, CA
The Learning Center for Deaf Children - Framingham, MA

bbnt said:
I asked a woman I know who has been to over 180 schools in the U.S. what were the best deaf schools in her opinion, and this was her reply....

whoa MSSD still on the top of list qq wow WTG MSSD!

ISD is the best Deaf school? Ha. I went to the mainstreaming school in Ohio years ago. My school was voted as the best school in Cuyahoga County (NE Ohio).. yes, that's the fact that my school is the best, BUT mind you that Deaf education in my school is so-so, depending on teachers' abilities to teach Deaf students. It was not that great in my time. So, I believe that other Deaf schools are very good as well as St. Mary's School for the Deaf, Buffalo, NY. For instance, my friend told me that he went to SMSD for years in late 1960s-early 1970s and teachers gave him and his other classmates some tough assignments and treated them like hearing (of course they taught in ASL). But, today's SMSD still does that? I have no idea.

FYI, I don't want to offend anyone... I went to Indianapolis myself.. I considered that Indianapolis is B O R I N G. :wackit:

bbnt said:

is there a website for that? if so, i would like the addy please
i wanna to show it to my friends

it shouldn t matter who's school is the best, U went to that school ( for example ISD or CSDF or MSSD) all ur alumni schools are at its best in thier opioion, basically no one is perfect in education and no one is superior either. i dont brag abt my school s skills or quality. i just say i went to this school yes thats it drop it . simple as that!

Back