I'm Getting a CI!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm referring to the whole section for the last five years or so...

I'm referring to audism that keeps showing its ugly rear whenever someone downright assumes Deaf people are incapable of making informed conclusions and decisions.

Hell freaking 'yeah' to that! Sick of it!! I'm *NOT* a guinea pig!!

I am still bilateral DEAF even though I do have an Advanced Bionics-Harmony Cochlear Implant-No one has asked me to "feel" the "bump" over my left ear in 4 years.Pretty obvious when head wet every time I go swimming.
What a person without one can say on how it "feels" not sure.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

What equal DEAF? Do not understand? :hmm:

I don't know which is more frightening...audism or having people think I am capable of murder..lol

What's the deal with the deaf / death thing anyway? Is it that hearing people mishear "deaf" as "death" and get scared? :P :lol:

Update: I have come to the conclusions that even if I got a CI, the very people who would benefit from listening to my personal experiences with a CI would completely disregard me because I don't fit the established profile...I'm too old, my parents do not met the standards, and...oh! I'm deaf. Deaf people apparently shouldn't impose their life experiences on others because it make them realize the world isn't flat after all...

So, I will not get one. I do have admiration of those who do and who continue to share their views and personal accounts. I look forward to learning more. I sincerely wish them the best. <3

Update: I have come to the conclusions that even if I got a CI, the very people who would benefit from listening to my personal experiences with a CI would completely disregard me because I don't fit the established profile...I'm too old, my parents do not met the standards, and...oh! I'm deaf. Deaf people apparently shouldn't impose their life experiences on others because it make them realize the world isn't flat after all...

So, I will not get one. I do have admiration of those who do and who continue to share their views and personal accounts. I look forward to learning more. I sincerely wish them the best. <3

You may as well get one if you want, as you will be disregarded either way! :P

I think you're totally right, DBG.

After all, it is fast becoming an established "fact" (excuse me while I snicker) that parents of CI kids KNOW ALL !!!!! Even more than actual CI users' posts.

Like you, DBG, I enjoy reading CI users' posts and learning about their actual experiences.

I think you're totally right, DBG.

After all, it is fast becoming an established "fact" (excuse me while I snicker) that parents of CI kids KNOW ALL !!!!! Even more than actual CI users' posts.

Like you, DBG, I enjoy reading CI users' posts and learning about their actual experiences.

Me too, rather hear it straight from their mouths, not their parents'. I know if my mother (or my father) and I were to describe my experiences, they would be two different stories.

Me too, rather hear it straight from their mouths, not their parents'. I know if my mother (or my father) and I were to describe my experiences, they would be two different stories.

oh yeah... my mom would (or would have at least) say "ash had a wonderful life... a little hard time hearing people... but wonderful... she learned to talk late... but she can understand you perfectly... her hearing aids were wonderful gifts to her. She never had a problem understanding anything her father, sisters, teachers or friends said to her... oh she had lots of friends"

on a side note... those lots of friends my mom still likes to tell me I had... they were pencils...

I totally can relate. Both of my parents will still say that I have just a little problem hearing and that I could do this and that, etc. What a crock of peas.

To mention again-not every one wants/desires a Cochlear Implant can get one-physical problems as mentioned by KristinaB-applies. I have mentioned the actual experience of Sunnybrook/Toronto Cochlear Implant section over 19 years with a rejection rate of 60%.

. Reality is't as simple as implied.

To mention again-not every one wants/desires a Cochlear Implant can get one-physical problems as mentioned by KristinaB-applies. I have mentioned the actual experience of Sunnybrook/Toronto Cochlear Implant section over 19 years with a rejection rate of 60%.

Certain hearing ppl in here want you drawn and quartered for saying that. :giggle:

Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back