I'm Getting a CI!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be alright, if you guys were sensible during the threads, and not get the thread closed down by attacking people sharing their feelings... just sayin

Would be great if people kept audism in check. Audism doesnt belong here on AD.

I was told not to become unglued mentally and emotionally just because i advised that one speaks with their child privately on some matters, not publicly.

wow! the things some hearing parents say sometimes are so ridiculous that I can't but help laugh out loud.

I was told not to become unglued mentally and emotionally just because i advised that one speaks with their child privately on some matters, not publicly.

wow! the things some hearing parents say sometimes are so ridiculous that I can't but help laugh out loud.

Yes, you are a basket case because you dont have a CI!!!! A good reason to get one so hurry up and get your CI surgery. :giggle:

Yes, you are a basket case because you dont have a CI!!!! A good reason to get one so hurry up and get your CI surgery. :giggle:

Hahaha! You're a murderess, I'm clinically insane, let's sign up for CIs together so we can finally become functional human beings :)

I have reached the conclusion that they not only parent a deaf child, they are deaf to their own ramblings.

Hahaha! You're a murderess, I'm clinically insane, let's sign up for CIs together so we can finally become functional human beings :)

And I am an uneducated B**** who wants to be deaf.:laugh2: Not to mention being a substandard parent.:P

And I am an uneducated B**** who wants to be deaf.:laugh2: Not to mention being a substandard parent.:P

Substandard, really? Isn't your son at some major league school doing really well? why would anyone say such a thing?

I'm curious about something - is it my imagination or is it only parents of CI kids that have problems understanding us? I haven't come across any parents of non-CI kids here who tend to argue as much nor be as derisive and mocking.

Substandard, really? Isn't your son at some major league school doing really well? why would anyone say such a thing?

I'm curious about something - is it my imagination or is it only parents of CI kids that have problems understanding us? I haven't come across any parents of non-CI kids here who tend to argue as much nor be as derisive and mocking.

We had a poster, he shall remain unnamed, who specifically stated that I had taken the easy way out and made my son disadvantaged by choosing to raise him in a bilingual, bicultural environment, and educate him in that way as well, instead of opting for surgical intervention and a primary focus on oral only language. I have had others, who also shall remain unnamed but are members of this forum, imply that my parenting decisions were less than adequate, and that my child was neglected.:laugh2:

Yes, my son is a graduate student at a large state university. Funny, the parent who accused me of taking the easy way out started claiming the same for his daughter after I had announced to AD that my son had been accepted to a grad program.:giggle:

Why would they say such a thing? Because any success without a CI blows their conviction that the CI provides advantages for a deaf child that a child without a CI will never have out of the water. It makes them question the philosophy they used to justify surgical intervention, sometimes in an experimental capacity, on their child.

According to one parent, Jillio took the easy way out by not opting for CI for her son and chartering in shark infested waters as a newly mom of a deaf baby. Yep, Jillio did everything the easy way.

According to one parent, Jillio took the easy way out by not opting for CI for her son and chartering in shark infested waters as a newly mom of a deaf baby. Yep, Jillio did everything the easy way.

I knew you would remember that one!:lol: I still classify it as one of the most hateful, but most humorous and ignorant statements ever made on AD.:lol:

We had a poster, he shall remain unnamed, who specifically stated that I had taken the easy way out and made my son disadvantaged by choosing to raise him in a bilingual, bicultural environment, and educate him in that way as well, instead of opting for surgical intervention and a primary focus on oral only language. I have had others, who also shall remain unnamed but are members of this forum, imply that my parenting decisions were less than adequate, and that my child was neglected.:laugh2:

Yes, my son is a graduate student at a large state university. Funny, the parent who accused me of taking the easy way out started claiming the same for his daughter after I had announced to AD that my son had been accepted to a grad program.:giggle:

Why would they say such a thing? Because any success without a CI blows their conviction that the CI provides advantages for a deaf child that a child without a CI will never have out of the water. It makes them question the philosophy they used to justify surgical intervention, sometimes in an experimental capacity, on their child.

wow...easy way out because you didn't opt for a CI for your kid...I don't even know what to say...that's just...some people hit below the belt when they are losing an argument and want to spite you for that.

I'm glad you're here. It's so nice to come across a hearing parent who gets it.

wow...easy way out because you didn't opt for a CI for your kid...I don't even know what to say...that's just...some people hit below the belt when they are losing an argument and want to spite you for that.

I'm glad you're here. It's so nice to come across a hearing parent who gets it.

:ty: This was a parent that did opt for CI and oral only, completely mainstreamed without accommodation. I on the other hand, completely changed my home linguistic environment, insisted that anyone entering into my home respect the cultural boundaries that were in place to benefit my child, and moved 600 miles to access a school for the deaf that used a bi-bi philosophy. I'd say that takes a bit more concerted effort than turning my child over to a surgeon and talking at him 24/7. But hey, that's just me.:P

People say this my mom too! No matter she tell them I don't qualify for CI (have no C to I!!) they insist she should get me one. Easy way out! Hardly. I'm youngest five kids, they ALL learn ASL (well more like SEE with some ASL but this because they poor educate on subject) to accommodate me. Bi-bi so not easy way out! Jillio, I glad (and probably so your son) you choose let him be deaf, just as I glad my mom do same (even though she have no choice).

People say this my mom too! No matter she tell them I don't qualify for CI (have no C to I!!) they insist she should get me one. Easy way out! Hardly. I'm youngest five kids, they ALL learn ASL (well more like SEE with some ASL but this because they poor educate on subject) to accommodate me. Bi-bi so not easy way out! Jillio, I glad (and probably so your son) you choose let him be deaf, just as I glad my mom do same (even though she have no choice).

My son has expressed his gratitude many times over the years.:) Not just to me, but to others, as well.

I remember that post well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back