I take overdose chlororomazine 100mg

Status
Not open for further replies.
They may or may not be his meds. You can buy almost any thing online without scripts or they could be some one elses. Either way I am fimilar with the med, I have taken it. 100mg is a big dosage and should be reported but unlikely to cause death on it's own unless mixed. There is the odd chance his body may over react to that much its enough to sedate a horse almost! He would / could get sick, dizzy, cramps, throw up is a good thing!

If he was trying suicide he would have taken more then 100mg which could have been 4 or 2 pills depending on the script/pill size.

I hope he is ok! If he fell asleep there is the odd chance his body did not behave well with this drug. Lets pray all is well!

That is a frightening thought! I still think AD needs to have something written in the rules about this sort of thing. A forum is simply not equipped to handle something like this.

Folks do not panic! No reply does not mean the worse. he could have gotten help or just sleeping it off. Still we need to pray for him should he still be home and aslepp. I worry more of heart attack, always a risk of that. But try not to panic, pray for him, no reply does not mean any thing bad yet.

They may or may not be his meds. You can buy almost any thing online without scripts or they could be some one elses. Either way I am fimilar with the med, I have taken it. 100mg is a big dosage and should be reported but unlikely to cause death on it's own unless mixed. There is the odd chance his body may over react to that much its enough to sedate a horse almost! He would / could get sick, dizzy, cramps, throw up is a good thing!

If he was trying suicide he would have taken more then 100mg which could have been 4 or 2 pills depending on the script/pill size.

I hope he is ok! If he fell asleep there is the odd chance his body did not behave well with this drug. Lets pray all is well!

I did some research on Thorazine. It's possible that he may be ok, just KO'd. The website says that Thorazine does come in 100 and 200 mg tablets, and that the daily dosage can be anywhere between 100 to 1000 mg per day. But still, I still think he should get medical and psychiatric attention for this. I hope he will be ok. *sighs*

Mind Disorders

From the website:

Chlorpromazine, when sold under the name Thorazine, is available in many forms: tablets of 10, 25, 50, 100, and 200 mg; spansules (sustained release capsules) of 30, 75, and 150 mg; ampules for injection of 25 and 50 mg; multidose vial of 10 mL of 25 mg/mL; syrup 10mg/5mL, 4 fl oz.; suppositories of 25 and 100 mg. Generic chlorpromazine manufacturers may supply a somewhat different set of dosages and products.
Recommended dosage

For acutely disturbed adult patients suffering from a psychosis, such as schizophrenia or mania, the usual daily dosage ranges from 100 mg to 1000 mg per day. Some patients may require a higher dosage. There is great variation in individual dosage requirements for chlorpromazine and for other antipsychotic medications. It is usually advisable to begin with a lower dosage, and increase the dosage until sufficient reduction of symptoms is achieved. Maximum reduction of symptoms may take many weeks of continued treatment. Because of the possibility of side effects, which may be severe, lower dosages should be used in outpatients, children, the elderly, and patients with serious health problems. For non-psychotic patients with excessive anxiety or agitation, amounts used are generally less than 200 mg per day, divided among two or three doses.

I did some research on Thorazine. It's possible that he may be ok, just KO'd. The website says that Thorazine does come in 100 and 200 mg tablets, and that the daily dosage can be anywhere between 100 to 1000 mg per day. But still, I still think he should get medical and psychiatric attention for this. I hope he will be ok. *sighs*

Mind Disorders

From the website:

Thats very good news indeed! Really. I think he is sleeping like a baby! But look forward to post tomorrow! I was thinking 100mg max fo one day. He is fine. Just knocked out cold!

I hope Travis is doing okay. Hopefully he have gotten help and someone there with him.

I hope so too.. Since he didn't post anything since, that worries me...

No, it's anti psychotic.

No, it's an anti-psychotic.

Hmmmm.

4.9 Overdose

Acute overdosage usually results in coma with shallow breathing, hypotension, hypothermia and absence of reflexes. Motor restlessness, hyperflexia, epileptiform convulsions and cardiac arrhythmias may occur.

Treatment is symptomatic and supportive. If the patient is seen soon after the overdose, emesis should be induced or gastric lavage performed. The cardiovascular and respiratory systems should be monitored and supported. Acute hypotension should be treated with plasma expanders. If treatment with a vasopressor is necessary, the patient should be carefully monitored, particularly cardiac function. Adrenaline should not be used. Attention should be paid to symptoms of metabolic acidosis and delayed cardiac effects.

Anti-arrhythmic therapy may be considered for persistent or life- threatening arrhythmias. Lidocaine should be avoided and, as far as possible, so should long-acting anti-arrhythmics. If severe dystonic reactions occur, they usually respond to procyclidine 5 - 10mg or orphenadrine 20 - 40mg IM or IV. Convulsions may be treated with intravenous diazepam. Neuroleptic malignant syndrome may be treated with dantrolene sodium together with cooling and general supportive measures. Chlorpromazine is not dialysable

And it says it's a syrup. I had to Google it up.

Chlorpromazine Syrup 100mg/5ml , SPC from the eMC

Just checking in. I hope Travis will be OK. Let's hope he is sleeping it off instead of being in a worse situation.

Just checking in. I hope Travis will be OK. Let's hope he is sleeping it off instead of being in a worse situation.

Nothing from Jillo..:dunno:

I would like to know exactly what the responsiblity is of a forum when someone is threatening harm? It would seem impractical to offer any meaning help to the person in that kind of need. You see the trouble people are up against here?

Travis alledgedly ingested thorazine roughly six hrs ago. That tells me he's under a doctors care in some fashion. Someone HAD to have prescribed the medication, right? The kind of question he appeared to ask should have been directed to a medical professional; not us!

We're not doctors. We're also not able to handle something like this. I really hope Travis is OK, but I think, in the future something needs to be written in the AD rules regarding things like this. It's incredibly difficult to offer someone the kind of help Travis obviously needs over a forum. It's just not possible or practical to do.

my sentiments exactly. Like we need a suicide on our consience on AD lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back