I take overdose chlororomazine 100mg

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's a good idea dave, but won't be of much help if someone is suicidal. most people who want to harm themselves don't share their pain with others until it's too late.

also, it won't do much good if an ad'er doesn't respond to pm's or profile messages.

instead of relying on an online community for mental health support, people should seek help from a professional.

just my .02.

Exactly. I think forums are wonderful support for people, but they shouldn't be relied upon for proper mental health support. By that, I mean a therapist, psychiatrist, support group, ect. You can't replace face to face contact with a medium such as this. It's just too hard to determine just how severely ill someone might be.

Again, another .02, for what it's worth.

I should also mention that the attending pdoc who was responsible for my treatment had to get a court order to keep me in the hospital for longer than 72 hours.

Yeah, in my ex-roommate's case, the psychiatrist at the local hospital's psych ward got a court order to send her to the state mental hospital. The psych ward kept her for a week until they were able to get her to the court for the judge to decide whether to send her to the state hospital or release her. She was sent to the state mental hospital.

Has anyone heard from him?

I don't think so. And, I know that even if Jillio has heard from him or from someone else about him, she will not tell us, she is bound to confidentiality as a counselor. So, we're gonna have to wait and see if time will tell. Only time she can tell us is if Travis has given her permission to tell us.

You know, I think it would be a good idea if all of us had at least one person who could get in touch him/her outside of AD. I mean, if Travis had a very close, personal friend here on AD and had ways to get in touch with him, then that person could have somehow contacted him, checked up on him, let us know, etc. I mean, think about it... REALLY think about it... AllDeaf is one big family. Am I wrong? I've grown kinda close to some folks here on AD and I like to know how things are in their lives. There are two members here who have all my personal contact information; they would know how to get in touch with me immediately, for any reason.

Is what I'm saying making sense?

Yeah.

Also, I googled his name, and was not able to come up with any information, so I am unable to contact him or his family or anything. Sorry.

instead of relying on an online community for mental health support, people should seek help from a professional.

just my .02.

I agree. But Travis was not in the right frame of mind, so he posted here instead of calling 911 or calling his psychiatrist or therapist or someone that can help him.

I knew somebody who was admitted for self harm and sucidality who was only kept as an inpatient for four days. It made absolutely no sense to me (and still doesn't.) I agree with Jillio that length of stays vary and are largely determined by response to treatment, but I think a four day admittance for someone who was newly diagnosed with a mental illness is extremely rapid.

I will agree with that. Four days is not even sufficient time to get a therapeutic level of meds in the bloodstream in many cases.

that's a good idea dave, but won't be of much help if someone is suicidal. most people who want to harm themselves don't share their pain with others until it's too late.

also, it won't do much good if an ad'er doesn't respond to pm's or profile messages.

just my .02.

I disagree with everything you said. Just my two cents.

By the way, its "David".

Really? When I was hospitalized for my last severe manic/psychotic episode, I was committed (involuntarily) for a little over a month. Then again, perhaps the length of my hospitalization had to do with the fact that I was actively psychotic (with delusions and paranoia) and it took over a month to get my auditory hallucinations under control. :dunno:

Yes. If you are actively psychotic, it is a bit different, as you are considered to be an active threat to yourself, or are incapable of self care and compliance with treatment.

I will agree with that. Four days is not even sufficient time to get a therapeutic level of meds in the bloodstream in many cases.

She stopped taking her meds, anyway, but I agree with you. She also was admitted again two months later for 2 weeks. In my mind, this was insufficient care. She was non compliant with her meds, and her diagnosis (which I'm deliberately keeping to myself for privacy reasons), was such that there should have been a 30 day stay minimum, but that wasn't the case.

Yes. If you are actively psychotic, it is a bit different, as you are considered to be an active threat to yourself, or are incapable of self care and compliance with treatment.

thanks for the explanation, jillio.

I agree. But Travis was not in the right frame of mind, so he posted here instead of calling 911 or calling his psychiatrist or therapist or someone that can help him.

in travis' case, i can completely understand why he posted here. he also didn't have family or friends who could help him, so that makes a difference as well.

however, under "ordinary" circumstances, i wouldn't rely on an online community for sole mental health support.

instead, one should seek professional help.

You know I have noticed that Travis is always out there and crying for help. I wish he would get the help he need and enjoy the life he deserved just like everone else....

Travis we all care about you but please get the help you need cuz we are not a doctor but asking you to go get help with the doctor.

Take care.

Seems like he has done this before, so im surprised
that he is still around!
Seriously, he needs help, poor guy!

I know someone who is Bipolar and it is a serious thing
(a child) and he is on meds so he is doing pretty good.

Trav, you are in my prayers!

Seems like he has done this before, so im surprised
that he is still around!
Seriously, he needs help, poor guy!

I know someone who is Bipolar and it is a serious thing
(a child) and he is on meds so he is doing pretty good.

Trav, you are in my prayers!

Yep, Bipolar is a chronic and serious mental illness that requires meds for mood stabilization. I'm glad that child is doing well on meds. :)

Mod's Note:

This thread had served it purpose. I have removed the offensive/sensitive post.

I hope things are going okay with Travis... Hopefully he will be back to let all of us ADers knows how he's doing etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back