how old when you move out first time?

sequoias

Premium Member
Reaction score
I moved out of my parents when I was 24 years old. I haven't returned to my parents, yet.

for some people who still live with parent or single parent.
some people says it's okay and it's normal.
some people says it's not okay and it's not normal.

so, is it okay for older person like 30's, 40's even 50's who still live with parent or single parent?
why and why not?

some girls or some guys may not know that his or her date who still live with parent or single parent.

some people have different reason why they still lived with parent or single parent. maybe different culture or maybe take care of the parent who were very illness...who knows.

I would say that it depends on the circumstances.

I lived with my parents until I was 20, then moved out when I got my own apartment. I was still in community college and worked full time. I eventually stopped going to community college.

After a few years on my own, I decided to go back to college... but for a bachelors degree instead. I applied for RIT, got accepted... then moved back in with my parents. My lease ended and there was no point in renewing it since I was going to go to RIT in a few months.

I just graduated last year and moved back here with my parents. I have school loans to pay off. My dad is a traveling businessman. So, I'm staying here to help my mom out while I'm paying off my loans. When I get a very good paying job, then I will move out and get my own apartment again.

There are some people who stay with their parents their whole life... that's bad. There are some people who graduate from college and then move back in with their parents without even doing anything... that's bad.

I know someone who spent 8 years getting his AOS degree. After graduating, he lived off campus with roommates for a year... then moved back home with his mom. He refuses to get a job. (The only job he had was 2 days at McDonalds.) His mom pays for everything. He gets weekly allowances, which he always spends on beer (and weed). :roll: Now, that's sad.

I would say that it depends on the circumstances.

I lived with my parents until I was 20, then moved out when I got my own apartment. I was still in community college and worked full time. I eventually stopped going to community college.

After a few years on my own, I decided to go back to college... but for a bachelors degree instead. I applied for RIT, got accepted... then moved back in with my parents. My lease ended and there was no point in renewing it since I was going to go to RIT in a few months.

I just graduated last year and moved back here with my parents. I have school loans to pay off. My dad is a traveling businessman. So, I'm staying here to help my mom out while I'm paying off my loans. When I get a very good paying job, then I will move out and get my own apartment again.

There are some people who stay with their parents their whole life... that's bad. There are some people who graduate from college and then move back in with their parents without even doing anything... that's bad.

I know someone who spent 8 years getting his AOS degree. After graduating, he lived off campus with roommates for a year... then moved back home with his mom. He refuses to get a job. (The only job he had was 2 days at McDonalds.) His mom pays for everything. He gets weekly allowances, which he always spends on beer (and weed). :roll: Now, that's sad.

interesting!.

yes, that's true, some people moved back in with parents. i don't like weed but people who use weed is not my business.

i moved out when i was 21. im still living on my own.

interesting!.

yes, that's true, some people moved back in with parents. i don't like weed but people who use weed is not my business.

i moved out when i was 21. im still living on my own.

I left at 21 also, but it was not easy to get away.

Moved out of mom's on Sept 8, 2007 and been living with roommates since. I am happy with my indepdence.

Moved out the day I first got married at 21, had a daughter over 2 years later then separated from 1st husband when she was 5 months old. She and I moved back to live with my parents for the next 4 years until I married again, happily this time round living in our first home for 25 years. :)

I was 19 years old when I joined the Navy and moved out of my parents' home.

Moved out at 21 years old when I got married. 3 years later, my ex hubby and I moved back in with my mom in 1995 for 6 months. Havent lived with my mom since then.

Moved out when I was 16, almost 17. Been out ever since. Had like $12.00 in my pocket, no job, no car, and all my parents said was "Good luck, life's hard."

I did it though. Without their help, I got a job, went to college and supported myself (even though I had to eat rice and water for weeks at a time), got a car, finally graduated, and now I'm doing good.

The first time I was 19 y/o moved out of parents' home when I enrolled in college. And then later, returned home while I was employed after that I got married then moved out again and so on again. Lately I haven't lived with parent so far.

I was 19, going to be 20 when I moved out. FREEDOM! But it was scary at first then got used to it! I did stayed with my real mom for temporary but we did not get along at all! So best thing I moved out....so never again to live with my real mom..forget it!

I moved out of my parent's house when I got married at 21. I perfer to move out when I was 18 but I did not want to dishonor my parents by living with my then boyfriend which happen is my husband.

I moved out when i was 20 yrs old living on my own at apt and had a job.. then mom got sick and need help so i had to move back and help her. I have been here ever since. cooking foods, do errands for her, washing clothes, blankets etc for her. She doesnt drive anymore and doesnt own a driver license.

Then I got sick due to Meniere's Disease.. so on good days I do help my mom.. on bad days i have to stay in bed and take it easy due to vertigo attacks, dizziness, etc. It sucks.

Well, I first left the nest at 27 for college. I went back home in LV after I graduated from University with BS degree and stayed there for a while. I moved out to SF for MS degree. I got a degree in 2004 and again moved back home because searching for jobs was not easy at that time. Finally, I moved out for good in 2005 and have not gone back home ever since.

i moved out at 17 for school .. until i get back to my home with my parent.. at 93/94. after that, i again moved out to tx for swcid.. then moved to dc for gallaudet, then finally back to home with my grandmother who cant do it all.. i do some.. but not much..

later at 2004 i moved with my dad which i would not want.. until 2005, i finally moved to tx for many reason, mostly were to training horse.. i still here in tx unitl now..

Back