how old when you move out first time?

I haven't been separated from my parents for more than 4 days for my whole life until I went to RIT. I spent breaks and summers at home. After I graduated, I stayed at my parents' to get a license and find a job. When I got the job, I moved to this state.

I moved out when I turned 18 and went to college. I got married at 22. I now live in the same town as my Mom and sisters but my husband and I have our own house. :)

I turned 18 two weeks before I graduated high school, then left for college three months later and then just never went back. I would go back for holidays and stuff, but then my parents split up after my freshman year and sold the house and got their own respective apartments, so I really had no where to go. So I got my own apartment at college and never moved back in with either one of them.

I moved out when I was 18 to live with my boyfriend at the time. Our relationship went sour after 6 months, so I moved again. Made yet another move because my landlord raised the rent (which I could no longer afford) after 4 years. I've been here for 15 years and have no plans to move again until I graduate with my Bachelor's degree (only 3 more courses to go!). I'm planning to relocate to a much warmer climate because I've grown so tired of the cold, long winters we have here.

I hear you. I can't tolerate the cold long winters in Wisconsin, either. Where would you like to move to? If you don't want to say on here, PM me. :)

I hear you. I can't tolerate the cold long winters in Wisconsin, either. Where would you like to move to? If you don't want to say on here, PM me. :)

Lucia,

I'm sorry I didn't see your post until now. :) I'd like to move to Tempe, Mesa or Glendale, Arizona. Even though I know it gets extremely hot in Arizona, I can deal with temperatures of 100+ much better than I can temperatures of 30 degrees or below. :cold: I also don't like icy sidewalks or climbing over snowbanks. While I love downhill skiing, I hate everything else about winter! :mad2:

I thought I already post a comment in other thread. Let me say repeat.

I moved out when I was 19. I made a bad decide myself. I wasn't happy with my step dad. I moved back with my mom when I was 20 for 3 months. I found a nice place to live. After my husband left to Texas for Basic Training and Tech School for 6 months. He wanted me moved back live with my mom because he didn't want my ex boyfriend to harass on me when he came to my apt. So i moved back with my mom for 8 months. When I was 22 to 23 years old.

I left home when I was 13 years old, went into foster care, and then moved into my very first own apartment when I was 18 years old. I never went back to live with my parents ever since I was 13. It's been 15 years since I left home. I am 28 now.

Firstly, I moved out when I was 16 yrs old to work in the city for a few months. Then I got put off the job and I returned back home to the country town where my parents lives. At 18, I moved out again returning to the city with another job. Then stayed onward for many years now with a few change jobs and a married life. :)

never lived with parents from age 4 - 12 then left parents at age 13. over ten years ago.

I left home when I was 13 years old, went into foster care, and then moved into my very first own apartment when I was 18 years old. I never went back to live with my parents ever since I was 13. It's been 15 years since I left home. I am 28 now.

interesting. thanks lucia for sharing your story with us.

"Flew the coop" when I was 20. Haven't looked back since. Had a few trouble spots over the years in which my parents have helped. Within the past few years, their help has decreased and I've been able to maintain my life and support myself.

I don't want to go back there unless something catastrophic happens and I need to be closer to them.

Plus, it feels weird when I visit my parents and I am a "guest" in the same room that used to be mine. Just a strange, nearly creepy feeling.

"Flew the coop" when I was 20. Haven't looked back since. Had a few trouble spots over the years in which my parents have helped. Within the past few years, their help has decreased and I've been able to maintain my life and support myself.

I don't want to go back there unless something catastrophic happens and I need to be closer to them.

Plus, it feels weird when I visit my parents and I am a "guest" in the same room that used to be mine. Just a strange, nearly creepy feeling.

Unfortunately, something "catastrophic" happened to me (actually, two catastrophic events in the last month, to be honest). So, as a result, I had to move back in with my parents. I hate the idea of me being 36 and living with my parents, but no one else would help, so I had to do it. :(

I feelcha. just saw a picture of my old room (I painted) had became into my mother's office now. I wish I'd have that room back even though only lived there for a short time.

I moved out of age of 18... but ofc go back to parents for short while and lived with friends, lived in a camper, my truck etc lol when i was younger... after seprated my ex.. lived with my parents and my friends then got my own place...

I moved out when I was 14. Yes, fourteen. My parents kept guardienship for when I returned home, but for most of the time I lived with my coach to train.

Thing was, she was much stricter than my parents were.

I was only 2 hours away from home, but I still "moved out" at 14.

Back