how old when you move out first time?

I moved out when I was 17 (I just had graduated from HS) and was staying with couple of friends and just turned 18 right before enrolling at Gallaudet in the fall. I've been basically on my own ever since and during the separation from my ex husband, I had to move back in with my mother for 6 months to get back on my feet. As much as I love my mom, I cannot stand to be under the same roof with her for a while. Now things are looking for the better. :)

I moved out from my mother's to Grandparents when I was 14 years old and then moved out from Grandma to bedsitter when I was 17 years old for a year then got appartment which only 10 minutes away walk to work and live there until I met and married and move out from London to Germany. My hubby & I rented one bedroom appartment for 3 years which good for us to save up to buy land to build our design dream house in countryside. We moved out to country house in 1989 and still live that same house ever since... :)

moved out at 18.

If you wanted to specific the whys. You could have to say, "How old when you move out first time and why?"

just want to be more specific-

Move out my mom's nest ... to rent.... almost turn to 21 years old..

Move out apartment... to Mortgage... almost turn to 28 years old..

:D

I was 18 that I moved out. I didnt live with my parent again for so long time.

Over 25 years old and still live with parents isn't normal.

I move out right after high school.

19 1/2 years old, graduated from HS and went straight to Gallaudet

22 1/2 years old, stayed with parents for summer during between school years. All internship and job opportunities failed. Many missed opportunities.

After that... Graduated 23 1/2 years old and never looked back to my parent nest. Always out of that nest officially since 19 1/2 years old.

Today still free from my parent's nest. Visit them once a year as they are 18 hours drive away from me. (me in MN, parents in WV).

I moved out when I was 19 years old to living with my ex boyfriend then returned back to my parents due to him being not good boyfriend towards to me, then I moved out again when I was 21 years old but now, I moved back with my parents since I need their support me with my daughter.

I moved out of my Mother's house when I was 28 years old because I got married and moved in with my husband.

I moved out of my parents when I was 11 years old, went to boarding school. Does it count? :giggle:

My parents very old fashioned, they thought it only okay to leave parent home if getting married! I wanted to get own place at nineteen (was studying, working, paying for own studies etc) but mother thought it would look bad for her if I left home and not married - like maybe I was unhappy at home, or maybe I was on drugs or sleeping around or something. But truth was... I WAS unhappy at home, mother wanted me to still behave like I was 8-year old, couldn't accept she didn't rule every piece of my life. We had lots of fights, sometimes she right ( me use house like hotel) sometimes she wrong(me have curfew at 11pm but work only finish at 11pm, still have cash-up lock-up etc so she lock me out of house, me sleep in car and big fight in morning loys of times).
I move out age 20, had to move back in age 22 for 6 months (I started business, it failed) but then started new buisiness and move out for good. that was 20 years ago!

When i was 16 yrs old and moved out of my mom"s home. It was my wild time and live in Berlin "nightlife" *memory* :)

I would say that it depends on the circumstances.

I lived with my parents until I was 20, then moved out when I got my own apartment. I was still in community college and worked full time. I eventually stopped going to community college.

After a few years on my own, I decided to go back to college... but for a bachelors degree instead. I applied for RIT, got accepted... then moved back in with my parents. My lease ended and there was no point in renewing it since I was going to go to RIT in a few months.

I just graduated last year and moved back here with my parents. I have school loans to pay off. My dad is a traveling businessman. So, I'm staying here to help my mom out while I'm paying off my loans. When I get a very good paying job, then I will move out and get my own apartment again.

There are some people who stay with their parents their whole life... that's bad. There are some people who graduate from college and then move back in with their parents without even doing anything... that's bad.

I know someone who spent 8 years getting his AOS degree. After graduating, he lived off campus with roommates for a year... then moved back home with his mom. He refuses to get a job. (The only job he had was 2 days at McDonalds.) His mom pays for everything. He gets weekly allowances, which he always spends on beer (and weed). :roll: Now, that's sad.

oh my!

mostly people who never have money of their own for fun than parents who hold for what need!!!!! but i always have my own money for fun than my mom and i got allowances from my mom because im still search for jobs that why.

im lives with my mom till i get married its traditional!

my brother moves out our house when he was 24 years old he wanted to be indepdent but he going school to become MECH

I moved out when I was 18,I went from one hell hole to another :roll:

At the age of 18, I moved out and lived on my own ever since. :)

Back