How are you feeling today?....

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg
Feeling so so proud of my daughter (left)on her graduation day. I raised her to be super independent and she is definitely that. I miss her very much but am so incredibly happy she is living her dreams.

10 more days until she comes to visit.

Sad. My Uncle and godfather died on Friday from bone cancer. So it's been a subdued weekend for me. The family lives far away so I'm not going to the funeral, but my mom is flying out there.

Sad. My Uncle and godfather died on Friday from bone cancer. So it's been a subdued weekend for me. The family lives far away so I'm not going to the funeral, but my mom is flying out there.

:hug:

My condolences to you and your uncle's family!

Dystonia pain at an extremely high level today. Sadly it's spreading, now in between all my ribs on the right side, shoulder blade, up my neck, causing eye twitch and my hip. BUT...I still beat yesterdays fitbit scores with over 6000 steps. I didn't think I could do it but I did so I am very happy. Even though I'm in a lot of pain I did what I wanted to do and that makes me happy.

day at a time
icon14.gif
if you got good pain meds try use them...do they have dystonia association where you can meet and get support.
I used go to Kings College hospital in London and dystonia was one of things they specialized in,they were working on cure (I think that the hospital that discovered bottox helps)There were people doing trial medications and from memory they were getting certain relief..you pm me I maybe able find more out.
Discover my daughter been going around saying penis unable pronounce peanuts I never new that

Feeling great. Fitbit just gave me another reward...The Penguin badge. I've walked 70 miles, the same distance as the Walk of the Penguins. HAHA

Feeling great. Fitbit just gave me another reward...The Penguin badge. I've walked 70 miles, the same distance as the Walk of the Penguins. HAHA

which Fitbit did you get?

which Fitbit did you get?

I have two of them. I have the fitbit zip and now I use the fitbit flex. I liked being able to wear it on my wrist. Seriously, this gadget inspires me which is a friggin miracle.

I have two of them. I have the fitbit zip and now I use the fitbit flex. I liked being able to wear it on my wrist. Seriously, this gadget inspires me which is a friggin miracle.

:thumb:

good to hear that it's motivating you. I have fitbit flex because at that time, fitbit force was recalled so I was stuck with flex. I wanted force cuz of time display. now fitbit came out with few new models and I think I want to check out Charge.

I actually do wake up better and more refreshed with fitbit than my alarm clock.

:thumb:

good to hear that it's motivating you. I have fitbit flex because at that time, fitbit force was recalled so I was stuck with flex. I wanted force cuz of time display. now fitbit came out with few new models and I think I want to check out Charge.

I actually do wake up better and more refreshed with fitbit than my alarm clock.

I would like the time displayed also. There are definitely a lot of different models to choose from now. The prices have dropped a lot too. I paid like $60 for the flex model. The silent alarms are a great option. I also like how it vibrates and the lights display when you hit your daily goal.

Crazy little gadget, but it definitely makes me want to beat my last days scores. As I am sitting here icing my knees, I keep thinking that I should get up and walk another 1000 steps. I definitely over did it yesterday though, now I have to be a little more careful.

I still can't believe I walked 70 miles this last month. I don't think I walked 70 miles total last year.:giggle:

All that talk about vibirating alarms and whatnot just reminded me I need to replace my alarm clock soon-- it's approaching 10 years of operation, and well, the flashing lamp portion has gone out twice now, so I may need to opt for something different when I do.

I would like the time displayed also. There are definitely a lot of different models to choose from now. The prices have dropped a lot too. I paid like $60 for the flex model. The silent alarms are a great option. I also like how it vibrates and the lights display when you hit your daily goal.

Crazy little gadget, but it definitely makes me want to beat my last days scores. As I am sitting here icing my knees, I keep thinking that I should get up and walk another 1000 steps. I definitely over did it yesterday though, now I have to be a little more careful.

I still can't believe I walked 70 miles this last month. I don't think I walked 70 miles total last year.:giggle:

you really should take it easy on your knees. arthritis is an awful thing to have and it's basically permanent. you gotta build up muscle first around your knee and thigh so that your body won't depend on your knees only just to walk. it's better to do aquatic therapy for that.

you really should take it easy on your knees. arthritis is an awful thing to have and it's basically permanent. you gotta build up muscle first around your knee and thigh so that your body won't depend on your knees only just to walk. it's better to do aquatic therapy for that.

I totally agree about taking care of my knees. I'm actually surprised that my left leg, the one I broke in Maui, does not really bother me. I broke it right at the knee cap and the surgeon wanted me to have surgery on it. I declined and so far so good. I definitely try to be careful.

Spoke too soon about my knee. It was throbbing all night, kept me awake. Today I am definitely taking it easy. It might also have to do with the change in the weather. I'm sure that doesn't help. Looking pretty gloomy outside, getting ready for the big storm.

Yeah, we are supposed to have a deluge Thursday.........

I feel like I've been up to something, because I woke up all sweaty, something I don't do a lot these days. Dunno why I woke up that way, though.

Last edited:
a bit tired, and annoyed. never heard from Charter today... are they going to show up at my apartment at 5 again today when I'm NOT going to be home? When I called last night, I'd told them I'd only be at home until 10 this morning, then out the rest of the day (work and such). Pft. Charter sucks.

Feeling good.... got some stuff done today that was a tad overdue. That's one burden off my back. Now I'm feeling hungry, given how busy I've been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back