Good alarm for deaf student

naraida

Reaction score
Hello. Can anyone suggest a good alarm for a deaf student. My nephew is going to need an alarm to get him up in the morning. He does not have a cell phone. I've done some online but I wanted the opinion of a deaf person on what could be the best. Thank you.

Hello. Can anyone suggest a good alarm for a deaf student. My nephew is going to need an alarm to get him up in the morning. He does not have a cell phone. I've done some online but I wanted the opinion of a deaf person on what could be the best. Thank you.

You could find some vibration alarm clocks from the deaf soceity centres or whereever you are at it. I got mine from the Deafness resource Centre in Australia for 50 bucks.

Why don't you go to Voc. Rehab. and ask for one, but one thing that you must be a client of V.R. first and then the V.R. will give you one....

My vibration alarm died today :( It is about 5 years old.

I'm deep sleeper... I have sonic alarm which is powerful and its not helping me to get up. :( I have to set it up an hour early to shake my bed up until I finally feel it. I know its weird but true. I only wake up when people or dog shake me. That is still doesn't making any sense why sonic alarm won't wake me up.

I received a several compliants from another tenants at my building that my sonic alarm is really loud enough to wake few people up! My apartment manager informed them that I am deaf and vibrator alarm is only way to wake me up. She also told them if they don't accept it... Just try to live with it or move out. They gulped and learned how to live with it. I was surprised because I violated one of these policies based on noise issue but my apartment manager let me to get away with it.

I'm deep sleeper... I have sonic alarm which is powerful and its not helping me to get up. :( I have to set it up an hour early to shake my bed up until I finally feel it. I know its weird but true. I only wake up when people or dog shake me. That is still doesn't making any sense why sonic alarm won't wake me up.

I received a several compliants from another tenants at my building that my sonic alarm is really loud enough to wake few people up! My apartment manager informed them that I am deaf and vibrator alarm is only way to wake me up. She also told them if they don't accept it... Just try to live with it or move out. They gulped and learned how to live with it. I was surprised because I violated one of these policies based on noise issue but my apartment manager let me to get away with it.

Lucky bugger, you! I had the sonic alarm few years ago, I borrowed it to try it out and it was unbelieveable one, in the morning when I woke up and I nearly fell off the bed, when the powerful vibration woke me up, and it even woke everyone up in the whole house, becuase the vibration was indeed, under the matress, and it was so huge, so I told my parents, I won't have them, until I move out.

Lucky bugger, you! I had the sonic alarm few years ago, I borrowed it to try it out and it was unbelieveable one, in the morning when I woke up and I nearly fell off the bed, when the powerful vibration woke me up, and it even woke everyone up in the whole house, becuase the vibration was indeed, under the matress, and it was so huge, so I told my parents, I won't have them, until I move out.

Haha yeah! When I dated a several guys in the past and we slept together on my bed... When sonic alarm go off, they got scared shit out of it and they thought we were having nuclear war! LMAO! I laughed my ass off so hard when they freaked out! So yeah that helped me to get up after they jumped off the bed immediaty!

Haha yeah! When I dated a several guys in the past and we slept together on my bed... When sonic alarm go off, they got scared shit out of it and they thought we were having nuclear war! LMAO! I laughed my ass off so hard when they freaked out! So yeah that helped me to get up after they jumped off the bed immediaty!

LMAO, that was funny, but to assure you that I preferred the shake awake alarm for now, but right now as I mentioned it has died.. :( but at the first time I got it, I had a dream which was an lion and I felt that lion was roaring at me, but frankly I found out that the alarm definitely went off on a accurate timing! :eek3: but so funny LOL

LMAO, that was funny, but to assure you that I preferred the shake awake alarm for now, but right now as I mentioned it has died.. :( but at the first time I got it, I had a dream which was an lion and I felt that lion was roaring at me, but frankly I found out that the alarm definitely went off on a accurate timing! :eek3: but so funny LOL

LMAO! Hilarious! Sometime alarm affects the dreams. It is very weird. Long time ago, I dreamed that I was talking to someone on the radio which is really weird! It turned out that it was just alarm.

LMAO! Hilarious! Sometime alarm affects the dreams. It is very weird. Long time ago, I dreamed that I was talking to someone on the radio which is really weird! It turned out that it was just alarm.

These things occurs to everyone, but despite it was the alarm.. once I move out I would perfer that sonic alarm, wonder if the tenants from other housing would complain from it, and I will take a good reason to tell them that I am deaf! LOL.

These things occurs to everyone, but despite it was the alarm.. once I move out I would perfer that sonic alarm, wonder if the tenants from other housing would complain from it, and I will take a good reason to tell them that I am deaf! LOL.

LMAO! Good luck! :) I hope it won't be an issue again when I buy a condo and move in around next year. This time I will make sure it has sound proof unit so I won't be worried to disturb another condo dwellers.

LMAO! Good luck! :) I hope it won't be an issue again when I buy a condo and move in around next year. This time I will make sure it has sound proof unit so I won't be worried to disturb another condo dwellers.

Thanks for the luck, MetroGuy03....Let me give you an advice, when the alarm goes off, you better wake up and pick up the slegdehammer and whack the alarm so it will stop and you may resume sleeping ;)

Thanks for the luck, MetroGuy03....Let me give you an advice, when the alarm goes off, you better wake up and pick up the slegdehammer and whack the alarm so it will stop and you may resume sleeping ;)

LMAO!!!!!!! You're funny! :)

LMAO!!!!!!! You're funny! :)

I tend to be a funny australian dude, on alldeaf.. see, I can prove it.. but metroGuy03, if you find the alarm annoying to you, try take my advice ;) it would work for you, trust me :)

Back