Good alarm for deaf student

Already?

My Sonic Alert is from 1999 and it still works well today. The only thing broken is the knob on the left side cuz it broke off during one of my moves (I don't remember when or how). :(

Other than that, it works great!

I am not TOO sure if it died, it might only need battery replacement, but I can not be bothered so I declare dead now! :lol:

Yes I had it once... HATE IT! I set it up at 7am but it woke me up at 3am which piss me off! I pulled it out and return it to local deaf service (GLAD) when I lived in Ventura, CA. I was extremely closed minded at that time (I was freshman at high school).

haha, poor thing ;)

I will bring with my vibration o clock to CA, but don´t know how look the battery, same with germany and US? I will see, what happen?
if it is not same with battery from Germany, then fine with me. I leave my Vibration here.

Very True. Have you ever use the old fashioned way of Alarms with light flashing? If so, did it work efficiently?

I did that once back in 1980's and i used non-digital automatic timer with plug-in lamp (no flashing ones) to wake me up before going to school that time... It was so bright light directed at my face. It worked for me but only a few times then i turned around and faced to the wall instead of the lamp itself... lol

If you cannot afford to buy sonic boom clock or vibration watch like that... maybe may i suggest to buy digital automatic timer with plug-in lamp to wake you up with brightest light bulb?

Attachments

• digital automatic timer.jpg
    digital automatic timer.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 3
I did that once back in 1980's and i used non-digital automatic timer with plug-in lamp (no flashing ones) to wake me up before going to school that time... It was so bright light directed at my face. It worked for me but only a few times then i turned around and faced to the wall instead of the lamp itself... lol

If you cannot afford to buy sonic boom clock or vibration watch like that... maybe may i suggest to buy digital automatic timer with plug-in lamp to wake you up with brightest light bulb?

well, I believe these devices are cheap nowdays.

Bbnt, I should recommend you the #2 as it is in a reasonable price and that one is very good one unless you want to buy your daughter the pink heart one LOL

she wanted the pink one :ugh3:

she wanted the pink one :ugh3:

I suggest you purchase the pink one to make your daughter happy :) Perhaps, keep the other recommendation for back up in the near future, just in case your daughter dislikes the pink one ;)

I suggest you purchase the pink one to make your daughter happy :) Perhaps, keep the other recommendation for back up in the near future, just in case your daughter dislikes the pink one ;)

I bought the pink one and if she doesn't like it I
will hit her in the head with it

better way, negitate with your daughter before purchasing it rather than hitting on your daughter's head.. that is not a good idea, bbnt.

haha, poor thing ;)

I will bring with my vibration o clock to CA, but don´t know how look the battery, same with germany and US? I will see, what happen?
if it is not same with battery from Germany, then fine with me. I leave my Vibration here.

I have no idea if Germany and US have same battery designs... I never been to Germany before so I can't answer that. Anyone here should have the answers for your question.

I have no idea if Germany and US have same battery designs... I never been to Germany before so I can't answer that. Anyone here should have the answers for your question.

Perhaps, some internet researching would do good, but sunshinelady, you can even bring some batteries as a back up, but to my curiousity, would the officers at the international airport allow that with a good reason for the alarms for the deaf?

Perhaps, some internet researching would do good, but sunshinelady, you can even bring some batteries as a back up, but to my curiousity, would the officers at the international airport allow that with a good reason for the alarms for the deaf?

True. Good idea to bring some batteries as a back up. Yes the airports allow batteries as long as they're in the baggages. I did that in the past and nothing happened.

True. Good idea to bring some batteries as a back up. Yes the airports allow batteries as long as they're in the baggages. I did that in the past and nothing happened.

that's good, even they would think batteries would be in use for the terrorists, but it can't be.

Back up plans are very useful, you know that?

Yeah. Batteries have some chemicals inside which could be harzards which is why airport officals only accept them in baggages only not bring it with you to the plane.

Of course!

Very true, as if I would be on the plane somewhere distant, these devices with batteries included would be in the baggages and there would be no problem. Only laptops are allowed on the plane ;)

Very true, as if I would be on the plane somewhere distant, these devices with batteries included would be in the baggages and there would be no problem. Only laptops are allowed on the plane ;)

Yeah. I won't be surprised if they decide to ban laptops too. Laptops could be secret weapons too... Terrorists could outsmart anyone around here.

Yeah. I won't be surprised if they decide to ban laptops too. Laptops could be secret weapons too... Terrorists could outsmart anyone around here.

Yeah I know, it happens to the X ray staff becuase they are very aware about it, but it is interesting that they have forced more strict rules to scan the laptops and shoes through the screening. I'd hate to go through as I have to take my belt off my shorts, I need them! Gee, these days.

Yeah I know, it happens to the X ray staff becuase they are very aware about it, but it is interesting that they have forced more strict rules to scan the laptops and shoes through the screening. I'd hate to go through as I have to take my belt off my shorts, I need them! Gee, these days.

I hear ya! Also have to take the shoes off! Ugh! Goddamn these terrorists! :rl:

I hear ya! Also have to take the shoes off! Ugh! Goddamn these terrorists! :rl:

I know! I know! These days has changed since the incidents happening in the last few years. But you know the APEC is coming to Sydney tomorrow, so Sydney is out of bounds for me, and the policy and rules are getting even tighter! >_<

I know! I know! These days has changed since the incidents happening in the last few years. But you know the APEC is coming to Sydney tomorrow, so Sydney is out of bounds for me, and the policy and rules are getting even tighter! >_<

I'm sorry what is APEC? I agree that days are changing as well. I live in big city, Seattle but we got more cops than before. I don't really worry about next terrorist attack because I am not going let them to stop me from living my life.

Back