Good alarm for deaf student

I'm sorry what is APEC? I agree that days are changing as well. I live in big city, Seattle but we got more cops than before. I don't really worry about next terrorist attack because I am not going let them to stop me from living my life.

APEC = Asia Pacific Enocomics Cooperation ... where all presidents and Prime Minsters come for the conference for few days, we are having ours in Sydney

I am not TOO sure if it died, it might only need battery replacement, but I can not be bothered so I declare dead now! :lol:
Battery replacement? Oh, it's one of those battery-operated ones?

Mine is plug-in... ;)

Haha! I hear you! George W. Bush is HUGE MISTAKE! Can't wait for his term to end on December 31, 2008!

Yeah, I can see the mention from my other thread, a lot of things from Bush has affected the deaf community, like not enough funds, etc.

Yeah, I can see the mention from my other thread, a lot of things from Bush has affected the deaf community, like not enough funds, etc.

Not always true. Its state governors faults too. We better stick to the topic here.

Not always true. Its state governors faults too. We better stick to the topic here.

Yeah, my apologies to head off topic here... we can continue this bush issue in my other thread, why not?

In the topic of this thread - What sort of new techonolgies DO you think deaf should get in the near future?

Battery replacement? Oh, it's one of those battery-operated ones?

Mine is plug-in... ;)

Yes, it is one of the battery operated ones... it is actually a shake awake vibration alarm.. and sorry, I didn't see your post earlier :sorry:

I have no idea if Germany and US have same battery designs... I never been to Germany before so I can't answer that. Anyone here should have the answers for your question.

Hey.. I am sorry i didn´t respond you sooner.
yep, That is fine. you have no idea. I will figure it out, when I am going to CA soon. that is good one for me, I would to get experience in my life, if It is work with Battery or no. :)

Perhaps, some internet researching would do good, but sunshinelady, you can even bring some batteries as a back up, but to my curiousity, would the officers at the international airport allow that with a good reason for the alarms for the deaf?

alarms for the deaf? nah, I would put my battery in my suitcase, not backpack, but It should to be make off, not on. It would stay my suitcase in the Airport.

alarms for the deaf? nah, I would put my battery in my suitcase, not backpack, but It should to be make off, not on. It would stay my suitcase in the Airport.

I was on the plane the other day, my suitcase and backpack has batteries inside, and the x-ray staff has no problems with these on the aircraft even my shake awake alarm was inside too :lol:

I'm deep sleeper... I have sonic alarm which is powerful and its not helping me to get up. :( I have to set it up an hour early to shake my bed up until I finally feel it. I know its weird but true. I only wake up when people or dog shake me. That is still doesn't making any sense why sonic alarm won't wake me up.

I received a several compliants from another tenants at my building that my sonic alarm is really loud enough to wake few people up! My apartment manager informed them that I am deaf and vibrator alarm is only way to wake me up. She also told them if they don't accept it... Just try to live with it or move out. They gulped and learned how to live with it. I was surprised because I violated one of these policies based on noise issue but my apartment manager let me to get away with it.

:lol: Time to build your own homemade vibrating alarm. It gets the signal thru a wire to the alarm clock, so get a one horsepower electric motor attached to the crankshaft counterbalance. It plugs to the 220 volt outlet. When it goes off and it will cause earth shaking vibration, that will need to be mounted to the strong foundation so it won't shake like crazy and bounce around.

Hey.. I am sorry i didn´t respond you sooner.
yep, That is fine. you have no idea. I will figure it out, when I am going to CA soon. that is good one for me, I would to get experience in my life, if It is work with Battery or no. :)

No worries. Have fun in CA! :)

:lol: Time to build your own homemade vibrating alarm. It gets the signal thru a wire to the alarm clock, so get a one horsepower electric motor attached to the crankshaft counterbalance. It plugs to the 220 volt outlet. When it goes off and it will cause earth shaking vibration, that will need to be mounted to the strong foundation so it won't shake like crazy and bounce around.

Haha! It won't happen! :)

I'm deep sleeper... I have sonic alarm which is powerful and its not helping me to get up. :( I have to set it up an hour early to shake my bed up until I finally feel it. I know its weird but true. I only wake up when people or dog shake me. That is still doesn't making any sense why sonic alarm won't wake me up.

I received a several compliants from another tenants at my building that my sonic alarm is really loud enough to wake few people up! My apartment manager informed them that I am deaf and vibrator alarm is only way to wake me up. She also told them if they don't accept it... Just try to live with it or move out. They gulped and learned how to live with it. I was surprised because I violated one of these policies based on noise issue but my apartment manager let me to get away with it.

I have a sonic alert and i turned off the sound and only have the vibrate working. Are you able to do that with yours?

They can hear loud vibrations, if the vibration device is lying against wood.

With or without anything can make any noises. That is because something inside the vibrator that cause it to vibrate makes noises just like rattle.

Back