Which one would u prefer q

• Private Driver's education classes outside the public school system

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Driver's education classes back in the school system, after school hours

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Crazymanw00t said:
I believe private training is far better than High School's driving course. It is all about moral and experiences. I went to my high school’s driving program (CSDF) to meet California’s DMV requirement for license under 18 years old. I was 17 and half at that time. I had to show up 1 hour before my school begins and it is like 7am and school start 8am. I went to driving program class and my instructor just show us the 1975s videos about behind the wheel. It was JOKE! That video is outdated with our traffic system. It explained about seat belting and driving defensive. So I had to show up for the requirements, anyway.

I believe private training for driving program is best. I always wanted to go BMW driving school to learn how to drive car very well in any crisis which high school driving program that do not offered. I am investing my money to go to BMW driving school and all experiencing crisis on road program. In addition, there are many different kind of private program to train our drivers to be a best driver. For example, my auto-body teacher went to one of private driving training at north of San Francisco. He learned many things about driving high speed on the wet. He learned how to control when he was on the black-ice road, spinning and with no control of braking. He experienced safe car crash just for experiences. He also experienced from drinking and driving with the instructor inside the car. He understood all the dangers by himself experiencing those entire things. It cost few hundred dollars but worth for lifetime, experience. Do you think High School will let to do all that? Obviously, no because of short money and teacher’s fear. In other point, the high school instructor will only do his job while us being parent will do our job and make sure that they are ready for any unexpected on the road. I believe that is why many of our parents at America, do not teach their kids to drive from A to Z. I strongly support to create a law that bans any underage of 18 years old to drive behind the wheel. It is very reasonable law.
Why do you think that people under 18 shouldn't drive?

that they should set it up but jesus I had to practice driving like in middle of the daytime while school was in session so I never able to focus on driving that's why I was like blah I give up I never want to drive and waste $$ on gas and driving but eh.. I voted on driver classes ought to have driving practice after school is OUT.. like an hour after all cars are gone so all can practice on a empty parking lot like I tried with dad but back then the car is too big for me I know I'm :crazy:

i took my driver's ED at school.. however, i must have a parent athorized signture that's okay for me to take behind the wheel course.

I agree with my school's policy.. if my kids are ever naughty.. i don't want them to take any behind the wheel course because i want to see they are responsibile enough to take responsibility to drive a car.

I have notice many teenagers out there driving wild, speeding, reckless, fooling, and the list goes on giving danger to teenagers and other drivers around them.

I voted Driver's education classes back in the school system, after school hours cuz i think it is better for students in school all day and after school to take drive lessons for few hours. At my parent's home, i seen all of instructors wait for students to come out of school after hours and they just hopped in.
My timing was different than this. I went to YMCA for driver lesson when i was 16. The instructor was gave me easy test as Picture match and passed it.
Mommyof3

VamPyroX said:
Why do you think that people under 18 shouldn't drive?

race, think cool, listen to the radio loud, talking with friends, etc.... Did not focus on the roads.

I had known two high school kids died in the car accident. Went to their funeral. It was horrible painful for rest of this town. It makes me very nervous when the kids were not home after midnight. I could not sleep. I always paged them to find out, where they are now.

I preferred, USA change the new law to getting a driver license when they become 21 years old.

As for Drinking law should be 25 yrs old not 21 yrs old !!!

And they need to CHARGE A FEE to teens who want to learn to drive. NOT OUT OF MY TAX MONEY!. Like $30 a session because when i went to driving school i had to pay $20 a session back then.

ravensteve1961 said:
And they need to CHARGE A FEE to teens who want to learn to drive. NOT OUT OF MY TAX MONEY!. Like $30 a session because when i went to driving school i had to pay $20 a session back then.
Uhh... they already charge teens who want to take drivers education. Where does it say that they charge out of YOUR so-called tax money?

Your name has "1961", so I'm guessing it was over 25 years ago when it was $20. Today, it's a lot more than just a measly $30.

Last edited:
Sabrina said:
race, think cool, listen to the radio loud, talking with friends, etc.... Did not focus on the roads.

I had known two high school kids died in the car accident. Went to their funeral. It was horrible painful for rest of this town. It makes me very nervous when the kids were not home after midnight. I could not sleep. I always paged them to find out, where they are now.

I preferred, USA change the new law to getting a driver license when they become 21 years old.

As for Drinking law should be 25 yrs old not 21 yrs old !!!
Here's the problem...

Raise the age, increase the risk and temptation. Kids in high school are tempted to drink when they are under 18. By the time they are 18, they leave their homes and head to college. That's when they feel the need to get wild and begin drinking. That's when problems get worse. Why? There are no parents around to tell them what to do, and they can do whatever they want. It even makes them feel good to be holding a bottle of beer and saying, "Hey, I've got beer in my hands! Hehehe!" If the drinking age was 18, then there would be no point in bragging about having beer in your hands. "Hey, I've got beer in my hands!" If someone told me that, I'd be like... "So what, you're 18... what's the big deal?"

Now, back to the driving at age 21 thing. Kids are not allowed to work until they are 15 years old. If we raise the driving age to 21, how the hell are we supposed to get to work... and pay for college, bills, rent, food, etc... for after we graduate from high school? Raising the driving age to 21 is like raising the age of consent from age 18 to 21. Another thing... loud music, curfew, race, etc? That's what we have the police and parents for. Race your car... get a ticket. Come home past their curfew... ground them or take away the car keys. Loud music... get a ticket or pull the fuse. There are a lot of things that we can do.

If we raise the age, it will be raised again... and again. In the future, no one might be allowed to drive until they are either married. Oh wait, I just realized... I could have married my wife at the age of 19... but we have no car to drive off into the sunset with cuz we're not 21. Oh wait, I can't even get married... cuz I have no money because I have no car to get me there.

Leaving it at 16 for getting a license is the best thing to do. :thumb:

I didnt learn to drive until i was 26. thats 17 years ago. And taxpayers pay for kids to learn drivers ed in school. So why should i pay my taxes to them when i had to pay for mine outta my god damn wallet?

ravensteve1961 said:
I didnt learn to drive until i was 26. thats 17 years ago. And taxpayers pay for kids to learn drivers ed in school. So why should i pay my taxes to them when i had to pay for mine outta my god damn wallet?
I asked... where does it say that drivers education comes from our taxes?

Why arent the parents giving kids $30 to pay the teacher? My brother didnt ask mom for $30. Its paid by taxpayers everything in school is paid by the taxpayers. Even eatting your free meal is paid by taxpayers.

I took private driving lessons because my public high school dropped the program a decade before I enrolled. My high school even had the real physical stimulation with actual streetlights, curves, etc on the campus (now it is being used for schoolbus parking to drop off/pickup the students... it is big enough to fit like 20 buses in a single line) for the students to practice their driving skills. Due to the Californian budget, it was dropped but the deaf program still have a driving class... I didn't take it because it was targeted for the students with no fluency in English so basically the whole semester, the teacher just "translated" the English manual for DMV's driving permit test to ASL or whatever language the deaf student can understand (there are deaf students from Philipinnes, Korea, Pakistan etc with slightly knowlegde of ASL so gestures for the majority of time are taken to approach those foreign deaf students). It was for a WHOLE year. Exams, thrice a semester, no homework but you gotta read like five pages worth every night. Five pages?! I could finish the whole manual in 20 minutes! I thought it was an utter waste of my time so I went straight to a private lesson for a month (30 days), took exams from my home, mailed my answers and I got a seal of approval for me to go ahead finding a driving instructor to stamp my six hour certificate of behind-the-wheel... Two hours a day, so three days in a row later, I was off to DMV and took the permit test. All of this before I was 16. 15 1/2 is the minimum age limit. Of course the permit license doesn't give you much of freedom. No driving after 5pm until 6am, et cetera.... no driving with minors without a 26-yr-old passenger (yes, 26... not 25, or 21 but 26!) for six months.

Thus, private driving lessons/classes are the best imo because it gives you MOTIVATION-- YOU PAY FOR IT, YOU WILL EARN IT! Make your money worthwhile! If the program is provided in public schools, the students will just take it for fun, no worries and this then raises their vulnerability to hazardous driving.

[EDITED: And my mom paid for the lessons. NO TAXPAYERS WERE INVOLVED. Or at least not in California. The whole thing ran up, I think, a whooping 300bucks. I recollected I begged her to pay for the lessons and I will pay back... never did. I think she was glad I am an able driver now so perhaps she gave me a waiver. ;-) I got my permit within a month and everything so that saved me my time instead of money... I got experiences under my belt compared to other peers my age who just FINALLY got their license! I am already renewing my license so that, for me, says a lot.]

Last edited:
ravensteve1961 said:
Why arent the parents giving kids $30 to pay the teacher? My brother didnt ask mom for $30. Its paid by taxpayers everything in school is paid by the taxpayers. Even eatting your free meal is paid by taxpayers.
I still see no proof. I paid for my food in school. I paid for my drivers education. I paid for a lot of things while growing up. Where does it say that our taxes go to these things?

gnarlydorkette said:
[EDITED: And my mom paid for the lessons. NO TAXPAYERS WERE INVOLVED. Or at least not in California. The whole thing ran up, I think, a whooping 300bucks. I recollected I begged her to pay for the lessons and I will pay back... never did. I think she was glad I am an able driver now so perhaps she gave me a waiver. ;-) I got my permit within a month and everything so that saved me my time instead of money... I got experiences under my belt compared to other peers my age who just FINALLY got their license! I am already renewing my license so that, for me, says a lot.]
Bingo! My drivers education was over $200 and that was more than 10 years ago!

Now, I think I would rather go with $30 as you suggested... Ravensteve1961! ;)

Well in maryland theyre free paid by the taxpayers. Now you know why we have bullshit in annapolis every year. No wonder my parents moved to florida. Cause theres no state income tax in florida. But they do take medicare deductions from your paycheck another one of bill clintons lies of promising to tax the wealthy which he taxed the little people instead. In florida the county puts fees and all kinds of bullshit on your utility,Cable and your sattelite bills. Like here in st lucie county 6.1/2 % sales tax which is bullshit to pay for schools 6% is for other stuff state charges. The other 1/2% is bullshit school tax IM SINGLE AND I DONT EVEN HAVE CHILDREN!!! So why should i pay it? Why dont they pass school tax on HOMEOWNERS? I say raise the damn property tax. But st lucie county doesnt have property tax. I e-mailed the state of florida suggesting a 20% property tax added per acre. So that way THE WEALTHY can pay for schools.

uhhhhh no its not "free" in Maryland -- my sister PAID for her kids' driving schools -- i did not ask her how much she paid but no its not funded by the taxpayers -- the parents pay for the private driving schools in Montgomery County MD

VamPyroX said:
I asked... where does it say that drivers education comes from our taxes?
If a student takes drivers ed at a public school, and is not charged a full fee for the lessons, then the taxpayers are paying for that.

I don't know which schools charge and which ones don't. It depends on the school district.

When my hubby took lessons at public school, he did not pay a fee. The taxpayers paid for all the students' lessons.

gnarlydorkette said:
Thus, private driving lessons/classes are the best imo because it gives you MOTIVATION-- YOU PAY FOR IT, YOU WILL EARN IT! Make your money worthwhile! If the program is provided in public schools, the students will just take it for fun, no worries and this then raises their vulnerability to hazardous driving.
Very good point.

ravensteve1961 said:
... Like here in st lucie county 6.1/2 % sales tax which is bullshit to pay for schools 6% is for other stuff state charges. The other 1/2% is bullshit school tax IM SINGLE AND I DONT EVEN HAVE CHILDREN!!! So why should i pay it? Why dont they pass school tax on HOMEOWNERS? ...
In SC, we pay homeowners' tax AND sales tax for public schools. We have lived here for 26 years, and used the public schools for only two years. The rest of the time, we paid taxes AND we paid tuition for private school. There are no tax breaks. We also have state income tax and person property tax (annual tax on vehicles and boats). We are NOT wealthy, just taxed to death.

Reba said:
In SC, we pay homeowners' tax AND sales tax for public schools. We have lived here for 26 years, and used the public schools for only two years. The rest of the time, we paid taxes AND we paid tuition for private school. There are no tax breaks. We also have state income tax and person property tax (annual tax on vehicles and boats). We are NOT wealthy, just taxed to death.
Reba go to maryland and youll see how taxed to death you are. The problem is the stupiduty of the american voters. I say change the voting laws. I say in order to vote you must have ether a high school education or you must be currently employed (exceptions) "If youre disabled or a vet" If youre on welfare you cannot vote because you pay no taxes. Disabled should have the right to vote cause some of them need taken care of. Vet they fought and served their country so they both automaticly should have a political voice. But if youre abled body and dont wanna work for a living then you dont deserve have a political voice. Thats the way i see it.

Back