Which one would u prefer q

• Private Driver's education classes outside the public school system

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Driver's education classes back in the school system, after school hours

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ravensteve1961 said:
I didnt learn to drive until i was 26. thats 17 years ago. And taxpayers pay for kids to learn drivers ed in school. So why should i pay my taxes to them when i had to pay for mine outta my god damn wallet?

What the fucking are you talk about ?? I paid $380 dollars my son attend drive education class. It has nothing to do with taxpayer pay the drive education ??? You are such pathetic as usually Ravensteve !

Well my brother didnt pay a single penny to learn how to drive back in 1980. I had to pay $20 each session. Thats what im talking about.

ravensteve1961 said:
Well my brother didnt pay a single penny to learn how to drive back in 1980. I had to pay $20 each session. Thats what im talking about.

Time is changed !! Look at my son, I am his Mom. I paid 380 dollars. Stop blame on the teenager kids. It is 2004 right now...

Big Sigh !!!

Im blaming it on society. Cause theyre the ones being stupid voting for clowns instead voting for serous people to work in goverment offices.

I am sick and tired of hearing that teenagers have the highest rate of accidents as a reason to stick up for elderly drivers. Statistically teenagers may have the highest rate of accidents due to reckleceness but the majority of elderly accidents (99.99%) are due to their slow or impaired mental and physical reactions.

We can change to an extent how teenagers drive by education and other methods but there is nothing that can be done to help an 80 year old person behind the whell to drive better.

I never took driver's education in school, private or otherwise... I had a farm license which I exchanged for a regular driver's license just before my 16th birthday - but I do remember my high school offering classes in that subject.

I don't know if they still offer it, though.

Sabrina said:
I am sick and tired of hearing that teenagers have the highest rate of accidents as a reason to stick up for elderly drivers. Statistically teenagers may have the highest rate of accidents due to reckleceness but the majority of elderly accidents (99.99%) are due to their slow or impaired mental and physical reactions.

We can change to an extent how teenagers drive by education and other methods but there is nothing that can be done to help an 80 year old person behind the whell to drive better.
I agree. Parents are paranoid over their kids' driving when there are old farts out there driving mindlessly and running over people. :eek:

theres also the thought of teaching the kids Defensive Driving -- i remmy when i was taking drivers ed class at MSSD, they didnt teach defensive driving so that fell onto my mom to teach me that as she has taught my sister and her kids defensive driving before we actually got our licenses -- ive noticed today's kids dont know how to do defensive driving which is sad cuz its not well taught in private drivers ed classes nor was it really taught in HS

if the HS recalled their drivers ed classes back in the school system, they should also include defensive driving as a mandatory section in drivers ed class IMHO

there are times i have had to use defensive driving skills when it calls for it and its done wonders -- im just VERY glad mom taught me defensive driving -- she had required that my sister and i to learn

defensive driving is valuable for ANY teen taking drivers ed cuz theres WAYY too many ppl out there who doesnt know how to drive period

Thus, private driving lessons/classes are the best imo because it gives you MOTIVATION-- YOU PAY FOR IT, YOU WILL EARN IT! Make your money worthwhile! If the program is provided in public schools, the students will just take it for fun, no worries and this then raises their vulnerability to hazardous driving.

Very true... That's why I support on this. It would make the people moviate because they work hard to pay for driving fee...

I noticed some posts saying that taxpayers support driving liesence which I'm disagree to.

Yea here in my hometown there is 2 different way to get driver license, either at high school or private. Both do cost money but the private cost more.
Here in NH 15 1/2 yrs old can get learner permit and I wont let my son get it til he is 16 1/2

race, think cool, listen to the radio loud, talking with friends, etc.... Did not focus on the roads.

I had known two high school kids died in the car accident. Went to their funeral. It was horrible painful for rest of this town. It makes me very nervous when the kids were not home after midnight. I could not sleep. I always paged them to find out, where they are now.

I preferred, USA change the new law to getting a driver license when they become 21 years old.

As for Drinking law should be 25 yrs old not 21 yrs old !!!

I believe that would be sterotyping! I'm 16 i have my license I've only had it for about 6 months, but i'm a better driver than my 26 year old sister "and these are my parents words not mine" I'm sometimes a better driver than my parents. Yeah i listen to the radio in the car but if i didn't i wouldn't be able to focus because i would be paranoid. I have friends in the car sometimes and we talk but they also know that when it comes down to it they need to be watching the road as closely as i am incase i miss something. Maybe it's just here but teens look out for teens we have each others backs. And yeah i know some kids who race but not in town. They go out to the back roads where no on is or into an abandonded corn field so no one will get hurt. And yeah as first time drivers we're going to think it's cool but we at the same time realize that It's not worth getting your licnese or car taken away! And believe me alot of the times yes accidents happen with teens A. Because we don't have the best reaction time in the world yet, but i have seen this happen to many times where because there is a teen involved in the accident unless it is 100% obvious of who's fault the accident was most of the time they will lean more towards saying the teens fault when it may not have been at all.

I took my schooling at a public driving school because my school doesn't offer it although i see the out of school driving school better because any kid no matter what they say never fully pays attention in school, But with driving school costing money here if parents have their kids pay for it we pay attention cause no one wants to fail that and end up paying more money. It really is a motive if you have to pay for it yourself.

When I was in Highschool in 84, I took driver ED. It had Driver Simulator machine. I played with it and stepped the floor until the odometer reached 120mph then slammed brake LOL. My driver Ed teacher told everyone that Deaf drivers are the best drivers. Everyone turned and look at us deafie (gulp! :wave:) LOL. All expenses paid by Taxes. My school was the top 4 highschool in the nation back then because of Property tax. The only thing I have to pay is the driver's license. Right now, my former highschool is no longer the best. Heard that parents had to pay $200 to $250 for kid's Driver ED. The highschool near my home no longer have Driver Ed, If kids want to take one, they must attend Driver Ed during summer. I learned that State of KS are working on changing age requirement to drive from 16 to 18 (Driver w/ permit must be 15 but will change to 17). I got License when I was 14 for riding Moped back then LOL. I was a leader of Deaf Moped Gang (Group of 6 deafie)LOL...

Catty

I had took driver ed class at deaf school, at twice, one for lesson on before get license and other one for practice on before take road test.

Here's the problem...

Another thing... loud music, curfew, race, etc? That's what we have the police and parents for. Race your car... get a ticket. Come home past their curfew... ground them or take away the car keys. Loud music... get a ticket or pull the fuse. There are a lot of things that we can do.

Leaving it at 16 for getting a license is the best thing to do. :thumb:

Hey! NOWADAY. Good news!! ANY cars and trucks built AFTER 2005 have RFID ignition key. VERY simple. Crack open your key w/remote control built in. Take out little circuit board and keep it somewhere in the house you wish to hide. Kids can take key with them and will try start car. Engine will runs for 3 second and died. He may think there's problem with engine. ACTAULLY it's the key w/ RFID that you took out. Even if you made a copy of car key, it would do same thing. You must have a copy of key through dealership costing $50 or a bit more (usually comes w/ remote control).

Try it!! On 2005 Dodge, Jeep or any new automotive you own come with key / remote attached on end of key. Unscrew if it have screw. If no screws, use other key or coin to pry open the cover (it usually covered w/ inner rubber shell to seal out water). Little circuit board is easily removed. Take Key and Circuit board with you to car. Start ur vehicle WITHOUT circuit board (put board on ur seat or cup holder if you have) Car will not start or engine will die in 3 seconds. IF you hold the board NEXT to Ignition switch, Start the car. It'll runs like normal!!

So You can prevent kids from taking car by taking out RFID board LOL. They will have key but won't be able to drive LOL. Don't show kids how it work! SHHH!!!

Catty

race, think cool, listen to the radio loud, talking with friends, etc.... Did not focus on the roads.

I had known two high school kids died in the car accident. Went to their funeral. It was horrible painful for rest of this town. It makes me very nervous when the kids were not home after midnight. I could not sleep. I always paged them to find out, where they are now.

I preferred, USA change the new law to getting a driver license when they become 21 years old.

As for Drinking law should be 25 yrs old not 21 yrs old !!!

Hell no, you made stupid law...

I need car and drive to work, that major reason for me or I just make nothing, like no $$$$.

Back