Does your parents approve or disapprove on the things you've done in your life?

Angel

♥"Concrete Angel"♥
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does Anyone have that problem with their parents?

Please feel free to tell us your stories here..... :ily: ....

My parents do not make any approve what I have been done with my life. Because they knew I am doing great.

They don't care if I am going to marry with any race. The important thing, they want me to be happy.

there have been times mom and dad have disapproved my life, but now as the life goes on and encouragements and alot of changes has happened, they now see me better myself in a better enviorment, i for one am very happy this happened. back then i was just a little hellion today im learning abt more things in life than being an total ass :)

Hm, my mother is open-minded and she allows me to live my life in any way I want to live my life. She came from a big family and her mother (my mummo) is an athesist but the father was the one who forced the kids to go to the church so my mother grew up wiht two conflicting lifestyles. Then she moved to America in her 20s so that said a lot about her free-spirited personality.

I never recollected any moment where she would say to my face that she doesn't approve. She is a very patient person- a Finnish trait- through my trial and error with boyfriends.

She only want for her kids what she wanted to have while growing up in rural countries of Finland- freedom of choices and happiness.

I remmy my mother wouldn't let me watch tv late nights because of school and homework. But now she lets me watch all I want since Im not in school anymore. :mrgreen:

ahhh my mom dont approve that i was in bad group with gurls.. but i dont do that again.. i made mistake anyway.. smile.. my life been better lots than before!!! :wiggle:

1.) My grandparents were my legal guardian at that time. they disapprove me hang out with African American.

2.) Not approve any body piercing but EARS. But I did e-mailed to her that I got navel pierced already. she said nothing since I don't live under her roof. Whew!

3.) Grandma still keep tell me that she won't approve that I have any girlfriend (love relationship). She would approve if i have a boyfriend or married a guy for money and security. She still lecture on me every time I visit her home in Texas.

i was an out of control kid and been on my own since i was a minor -- now with just mom still alive (dad passed on several years ago) she and i live our lives our way separately and whatever i do with my life is my own decisions (right or wrong) and i live with my own decisions that ive made -- she found out i have a tattoo she freaked but :-x cuz she knew i was in control of my own life, she was the one that outed me when she figured out i was dating an ex gf and she had no plm with that -- so basically she does give me feedback but ultimately i make decisions in the end -- shes been pretty supportive with most of my decisions i make in life lately so thats good :D

My parents has not approved many different things so I tried and do something is really flexiable and acceptable. Some of them are FAILED so I accepted.

(not approved) Tattoos, relationship with women, lost faith with God, and bad groups... I cant think of anymore so that is all I can remmy. :)

they didnt approve my relationship with my now ex husband......wish i did listen to them.........thought we were like romeo and juliet but family knew better. he was just low class...

my parents want me rich by now :( i'm stuck in middle of no where with a kid.. and working at wal-mart.. taking 1 class at college :-/

My mother was the one who did not approve many things about my life. My dad is like gnarlydorkette's mum, letting me to make any decisions or choices.

The most recent thing that my mum did not approve was my decision to move to Utah. She told my sister (before the fact that I moved) that she hoped that I would fail in Utah and move back to New Jersey. That really hurt my feelings a lot. Doesn't seem like she can be happy for me or wants to see me happy.

Other things that my mum did not approve:
- studying abroad in Germany
- my decision not to pursue a career in architecture

These were the major things my mother did not approve. Many other minor things too, but I do not recall them as it's not important to remember.

My parents don't approve of me smoking and drinking. I've been smoking for over 12 years and drinking for over 10 years. They don't know that I drink, but they might have had suspicions that I smoked. However, I usually tell them that I recently visited a restaurant with a smoking section or that I was with a friend who smoked.

They also do not favor me getting tattoos or piercings. I plan on getting both soon anyway... so that's gonna piss them off. How pissed off will they get? I don't know... hmm... :dunno:

VamPyroX said:
My parents don't approve of me smoking and drinking. I've been smoking for over 12 years and drinking for over 10 years. They don't know that I drink, but they might have had suspicions that I smoked. However, I usually tell them that I recently visited a restaurant with a smoking section or that I was with a friend who smoked.

They also do not favor me getting tattoos or piercings. I plan on getting both soon anyway... so that's gonna piss them off. How pissed off will they get? I don't know... hmm... :dunno:

haha vampy I have a tattoo my parents sure pissed off but now dad stopped mockin me with nun jokes :roll: which was GOOD cuz hell no I ain't gonna be nun who says I wud be?! sheesh.. and I'm sure ur parents wud let out bad steam so just *nod* if they do yell in ur face :mrgreen: and depend on what kind of size of tattoo u want i have samll tattoo it was like done in 15 mins.. heh hm next time I should get another tattoo I better get high first so I don't feel any pain :roll: so good luck :thumb:

Well, well, well, my mom did not want me to drive far away from home alone..I did it many times. She wanted to know what time I should go home from social events. I nodded like whatever. She even pleaded me to call her to let her know when I should go home. I never bothered calling her. My dad was just an opposite. I love my dad more!!

Now, my mom stopped ask me what time I should get home anymore.. finally!! I am a big gal with my choices. I told her long ago that I am tired of her controlling and telling me what to do.. Enough is Enough. Finally, she shut up!! :roll:

Everytime, I go out, my mom asked me where I go, I tend to say something which she never understand..I knew it myself, so I zoom out of the house. :nana:

My parents know that I drink alcohol and smoke weed and even have sex.. so what? I am growing up. All they told me was be careful.. my brother thudded and was jealous of me! LOL Why? he was grounded for smoking cigarettes and blah. But I was worse than he thought!! I was almost expelled!!! Come on!! RME at my brother's jealousy!! IT was funny though.

*Laughing in agreement with Vampy* Yeah, I just don't fucking care about what will my parents think of me.

Know why? You and each of you are born to have mind of your own! So therefore, every and each of parents should expect that they will face with their own blood and flesh children who will grow up with their mind of their own.

My daddy and mommy leads with a considerate fulfilling lives. They did expect something from me that I should live my life just like them. But I'm living my own life and doing pretty good... I'm just liking and loving my life.

My son's already set his mind on cutesy punky things... Like spike handcuffs, and spiky necklace... So many things that he digs in... I approve of him because he is doing GREAT in school... Why should I prevent him from what he WANT in his own life? He's really great kid and he listens to only one person in world... His father... (me) I felt that he deserve to have a good taste in life of his own with his own choice. He's only ten yrs old and I'll like to let him live his school days life until his school days are over... It's for him to decide. I'll always support and be there for my son.

So it's sticky situtation... if some other kids or anyone with parents' situtations are too deep bonded or too little of bondings... So it depends.

All I know is that my parents knows that I can live my life without depending on anyone and my son have been doing so well in school and home life.

:D

My parents never approved of anything I did. The boyfriends (I cannot blame them as most of them are jerks), my drug taking days that resulted in quite a few overdoses and emergency room visits, etc etc....

Now.. They finally approve of what I am doing. I have been sober for over three years and am raising both my kids on my own and working two part time jobs and trying to get back in college so I can get a better job to support my kids and myself.

^Angel^ said:
Does Anyone have that problem with their parents?

Please feel free to tell us your stories here..... :ily: ....
One more thing... Tell me a bit about yourself too? Why did you ask that very question? heh heh :mrgreen:

butterflygal said:
My parents never approved of anything I did. The boyfriends (I cannot blame them as most of them are jerks), my drug taking days that resulted in quite a few overdoses and emergency room visits, etc etc....

Now.. They finally approve of what I am doing. I have been sober for over three years and am raising both my kids on my own and working two part time jobs and trying to get back in college so I can get a better job to support my kids and myself.

clean for over 3 years -- thats wonderful!!!!! WTG!!! i myself have been drug clean for 11+ years and still counting! :D keep up the great work! :thumb: :grouphug:

my parents cant tell me what i do ! my parents are just leave me alone .... i am old enought what i do with my own lifes...... if my parents dont like what i acts and just leave me alone.....
my parents are very wonderfuls to me when i grew up .......
my parents are little disappointment with me because i always say a bad words "f" , bullshit, etc..... but they say nothing one words to me .......
one of my brother dislike my ex husband and he want me get divorced him and my parents told my brother that my brother cant tell me what i really want...... and my parents told brother that just leave me alone ...... my brother said okay .... but i already got divorced ( i cant tell you what happened with my ex husband and it is my own personnal matters ) ... sometime i do make some mistake and i am not perfect at all and i can fight my own lifes..... i dont want my parents depend on me for something....
when my parents are talking in private things and my parents refused tell me what my parents talk about problems.... i told my parents it is fair with my parents.....
i never asked my parents how much my parents put a saving the bank? iit is none of my business and my parents are businesss....
i felt sad when i heard some peoples are having a problemes with their parents.... but i cant involved with their parents problems .....

Back