• No

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
Liebling:-))) said:
... I didn´t know about horse... I will ask my son about this because his friend own 6 horses at 1 mile away from my area.
It is important to remember with horse manure to compost it first. Don't just dump it directly into the garden.

http://whatcom.wsu.edu/ag/compost/horsecompost.htm

Our doggies are deceased now but we never took them to dog parks. I don't think there is one near our house. We have a large enough yard for them to run around, play frisbee, etc. We also took them for walks (on their leashes) in our neighborhood. Sometimes we used to take them to the beach (they were Labradors, so they were water dogs). The beaches have rules about poop scooping. Who wants to step their bare feet into fresh dog poop in the sand? Ugh!

Audiofuzzy said:
I am not gonna go ballistic because I found cat poop in my flowerbed.
I will quietly deposit it on the bottom of the hole and forget the whole thing..

Fuzzy

Oh yeah, I have seen it and pick up and throw away to rubbish/dirty dustbin without complaint... but if I catch the dog or cat owner is a different story etc...

I remember my neighbor was upset when the dog business is on his path... and asked us if I have see who did it... (he is our new neighbor for 2 years). We told him that we live here for 15 years with no problem until this happened to him for a first time. We have many neighbors who have dogs and respect every properties owners and law. We beleive it´s one person who just had a new dog at 2 years ago but we have no proof until I caught him at last for let his dog peed on my fence. I know my suspect about him is right. It´s so.... My 2 neighbors :applause: me for stood myself to get him to wash my fence because I don´t like other dogs sniffed and pee fence.... He learn his lesson for disrespect my property in first place. Same neighbor where he upset about dog business on his path on other time and went to him on same time as he washed my fence and informed him that he don´t want to have dog business on his property. A dog owner apologzied to us and never do that again... He show his respect on us since that happened. :angel:

Kai Onca said:
yo, United States got stupid foolish laws too, oy vey

lets just show some respect towards other culture and not putting one culture above others as its not the American way. We do not fly our flags above other country flag for a good reason....

Thank you! I appreciate what you make your post here because its about respect when we are different people who like to have dogs and cats business on our property or not.

pek1 said:
Liebling . . . where do you live so I can come over and take a pee on your fence? :bump: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: [/COLOR]

Sorry to appoint you that I don´t want to let disrespect and ignorant people (including you) know where I live. :nana: :angel:

DoofusMama said:
anyways.. reply to Cane Corso..
. teach him to be calm, not barking.. but it didnt work..

:)
No it can work, but your dog was attacked by another dog. Now he is starting to show more fear-aggression to another dog. It happens all the time especailly when a dog was attacked by another dog. It creates fear-aggression and lacks of security from his alpha owner. You might want to work on that with him to show that he should put his trust in you again. When a dog feels like there is a lack of security, he will takes control of it. He did it because he felt like you did not take control of the situation. Everytimes he does bark or show those signs you listed, you need to do "force" training. You have to be a bit harsh, not mean or beat your dog up. You need to jerk the leash kind of quick every times he barks or whatever.
Example, when a dog pulls you on the leash, you have to pull it back really fast and hard. It is not like you are beating you dog up, but you are not going to let him behave like this anymore. You might need a choke collar, but I'm not sure how much do you know about it.

Or you can follow this exactly same tip here. This is quite uncommon tip to be given. If you chose to take this one, you have to be careful not to injury your dog 's neck. What you need to do is.

Get a domiant collar or get a temporary leash like the one at vets. You have to pull him straight up and have his front feet off the ground for a few seconds. Don't pull it up high. Do not jerk his neck like you do with a prong collar or choke collar. Simple and easy. Do not scream or yell at the dog, do it in a calm manner and it should get the dog's attention immatedly. Repeat it a few times, it teaches the dog that you are a pack leader and you do not tolerence his behavior anymore.

Actually you do not need to have a lot of strength in your arms to pull him because he only needs to be off the ground for a few seconds. About 3 to 10 seconds. (not 1 minutes or an hour) His front legs should not be off that high. Usually about 3 to 6 inches off from the ground. It takes his short breath away for a few seconds, but it does get his attention in a big time. Do it once in a while whenever you aren't happy with his behavior out on the walking.

If you need a better picture to see the whole picture. Scroll down, you will see this picture of a mallinois

http://www.leerburg.com/746.htm

This mallinois was in a sit position, it can be done in standing position too.

Liebling, this one is for you.

My daughter gave me this sign a few years ago. :D

Attachments

• doggie.jpg
    doggie.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 14
Reba said:
Liebling, this one is for you.

My daughter gave me this sign a few years ago. :D

:thumb: Thank you for sign... It's interesting to see to have sign like this... I'm going to save it in my file... :thumb:

Interesting, we don't have sign like this here in Germany... It was happened to me few times... No more since 2 years now... *knock on the wood*

I used to take the dog to the park where the playground is and we had to pick up the dog poop. Then the town got complain from some ppl who own the dog and wouldnt clean up their own dog's poop and decided to stop the dog going to the park. There is one park near my house but I am unable to find them. :(

So I let my dog run free in the baseball field. She loves it.

Pomeranian said:
So I let my dog run free in the baseball field. She loves it.

I do the same thing, sometimes. If there are people around, I will pick up Snickers poop, otherwise, I think these sports players need a course in how to be humble. :D

Yeah I take my dog to the dog park every weekend. the more you take your dog to the dog park and your dog will get along with any dogs anywhere.

Dog parks are great for developing socialization skills in your pooch. Unfortunately, they're also great places to pick up nasty maladies so be sure to vaccinate and give heartguard faithfully!

Saline Eyes said:
Dog parks are great for developing socialization skills in your pooch. Unfortunately, they're also great places to pick up nasty maladies so be sure to vaccinate and give heartguard faithfully!

Let's not forget that people need to learn how dogs inteact with each other, too. Personal experience for me says that. Snickers has been assaulted by another dog owner (which one, they'll never say, as they know they'll get arrested for touching a service dog) and I've been assaulted by another dog owner. Fortunately, not at the same time, but unfortunately, no one called the police for me.

Dogs have their own language and heirarchy, too.

We don't have dog parks here in Britain but it sounds like a really good idea. I let Jilli loose in the local park as she has a really good recall.

I don't mind cat or dog mess in my garden. It's the bin bags full of house hold waste, unused paint, and other stuff that is forever landing in my garden that really bothers me. It means Jilli can't go in there which is a pity as it IS her garden but I don't know what's been dumped there so I'd rather not take the risk. My neibour was the worst. Fortunately he is now in prison as he was caught dealing with Cocain.

my vote says maybe

i love dogs very much but i would like taking dogs for walk in street or parks but i dont have dogs yet.

mostly people always bring dogs or puppy to parks or street for walk makes dog or puppy getting exercise every day.

Back