Do You Suffer From Clinical Depression or Bipolar Disorder?

ouch i am sorry Aguablue

i was so depressed that i went on crying fit yesterday and didn't feel like wanted to get out of bed and i end up staying in bed almost all day. it was not so good day for me.

What I tell myself during those hellish moments is that the blackness will end and things will get better. That simple phrase relaxes the swings in my mind- it is a coping mechanism I use. I works for me...to some degree. It is only a tool. Everyone who undergoes this type of illness can try to tell yourself that it will end once an episode kicks in.

I am bipolar, been diagnosed at 15 yrs old (now 21), probably would've been diagnosed earlier except my fear of doctors don't help.

I have been in and out of mental health hospital a couple of times now. It sucks really my mind is fucked up and i hate it. I take meds but sometime when i feel happy or good i think i dun need them anymore, then my parent find out and watch me. there are demons in my head that tells me what to do, my mind is alway, ALWAYS running, no matter what it always thinking, always talking. All day and night my mind talks and talks and talks, and wont shut up.

Did you know that some children do get Bipolar
too? i think its rare but i heard some children
do have bipolar.

I have experienced with dysmatic depression (on and off). I suspected that I might have Bipolar disorder, but I am not sure because I am moody sometimes. Blame on my genetics. :ugh3:

I twice took Effexor tablets in different dosages. They did not work well for me. I hated them so much and I quit immediately after taking one tablet in different dosage.

Have to take it for 1 to 2 weeks. Take a tablet once is not gonna work.

I have experienced with dysmatic depression (on and off). I suspected that I might have Bipolar disorder, but I am not sure because I am moody sometimes. Blame on my genetics. :ugh3:

I twice took Effexor tablets in different dosages. They did not work well for me. I hated them so much and I quit immediately after taking one tablet in different dosage.

Yes, There are many disorders that require meds because they are mental disorders with a biological basis. Talk therapy doesn't do much good for the person experiencing a manic phase for example, until the mania is controlled. Likewise with the scizophrenic who has experienced a psychotic break. Meds need to be utilized to stabilize.

Kalista never understand this even she still works with the Deaf / Mental Health. I am pretty stunned by her few comments. Sigh ... Good thing she is not gonna be a doctor or even a therapist anyway. Kalista - no offense but I have to be straightforward with you.

My condition is so bad that if were to stop my meds, I will not only be a true mess emotionally, but I would have physical seizures as well. Messed-up!

I was diagnosed with bipolar after experiencing my first manic episode in 2006. Since then, I've been on medication and in therapy. The combination of meds and therapy has worked out extremely well for me as I haven't had any serious manic episodes in two years. (I don't mention this to brag, but to mention how well therapy and medication can work hand in hand.) Thanks to therapy, I've learned the importance of taking my meds, how to identify my "triggers," avoid the things that will bring on a manic episode (in my case irregular sleep patterns, not eating, large crowds) as well as writing daily in a mood journal so that my therapist and I can recognize the upcoming signs of mania. While I still experience mild to moderate mania and depressive lows, they are nowhere near as severe as they would be if I were not taking meds or in therapy.

My condition is so bad that if were to stop my meds, I will not only be a true mess emotionally, but I would have physical seizures as well. Messed-up!

I know what you mean. When I was hospitalized in 2006 one of the nurses told me I was "a complete mess." I was admitted to the hospital for 4 weeks experiencing auditory hallucinations, confusion and extreme irritability. While I love my manias, I hate how they make me feel 2-3 days later. I feel as low as one can possibly feel and as if I'm in a hole I can't dig myself out of. :( All I can say is thank goodness for meds!

Just so you know, the majority of diagnoses for any mental disorder do not come about because the person who is ill has sought treatment. They come about because someone in their life has seen the symptoms, and sought treatment for the person, or convinced the person that, even though they think there is nothing wrong, there most certainly is something wrong.

Jillio,

How right you are.

My diagnosis of bipolar came about as the result of an involutary hospitalization. I won't go into any details here except to say that it took 6 people to restrain me during my periods of extreme irritability. (I was told the ambulance driver asked if I worked out because of my strength in fighting against all 6 people even though I'm skinny.) Even when I was in the hospital (once the meds started working enough for me to be aware of what was happening around me), I continued to insist that nothing was wrong. I'll never be able to thank the people who were involved in getting me help enough for they were the ones who literally saved my life.

all I know is I suffer with suicidal thoughts. especially lately as it gets worsen every year. I went through everything all by myself, I was too much for people to handle so I stopped asking for help. a long time ago. decades ago. let alone I was already alone. and now from the past of years my death wish list have gotten longer than a football field. still, amazed I'm still here after numerous of attempts, scenarios, attacks, traumas and craps.

a quite few people think that I should, no, "must seek some professional" treatments but I refuse to medicate (change) myself over anyone's mistakes. or let them control over me, make me follow their orders other than what's best for me.. so wrong. so wrong. nothing to do with my willpower. I don't trust doctors; because of my deafness I was mislabelled for nine years. that was enough for an ab/normal intelligent little girl, whatever they thought I was. I was well and happy before the society had to screw my life up. right now and still hanging at the very end of barbed wire, I just don't know how much longer I will hold on or do I know myself anymore - my willpower/ingness is leaking out of me at the bottom. like I said under my username, living by flow of fates ... until one day I finally die.

I believe that my personalities are already gone, not that matters to anyone. no one was born to live for another if you get what I mean. and what's more? I don't know any of you very well. or at all. growing up all my life struggling,I all I asked for the world was at least some understandings and patience - I know being in an understanding crowd does make a big difference. that's what I wish for this christmas, some buddy/community support someone literally had taken away from me. to tie a knot, that would help a bit. that is, if I'm still hanging around and long for a hope.

Last edited:
Freckles,
Please don't give up the will to live. I'm sure you've got something to live for such as your loyal pets and friends.

Surely you can seek counselling without having medicaton? After all, you're well within your rights to refuse medication.

Sure life does hand out crap but it's up to us how to handle it, I guess

Hang in there and talk in here as much as you need.

:hug:

far out man it's alot to read, i admit i find it hard to understand psychiatry, but it is interesting.

I do not believe sheer will combats/cures depression or any mental illness for that manner. That's all I have to say about that.

When Tom Cruise said we don't need drugs to help us, esp. with post pardum depression, I nearly died laughing! What an asshole.

When Tom Cruise said we don't need drugs to help us, esp. with post pardum depression, I nearly died laughing! What an asshole.

I wanted to wring his neck! People like him infuriate me. They are so invalidating.

I can not believe Brooke Shields forgave him. I woulda never done that. If vitamins were a cure, we'd all be friggin problem free. Asshole. I am sorry I use that word alot because the world is filled w/ many a asshole!

I can not believe Brooke Shields forgave him. I woulda never done that. If vitamins were a cure, we'd all be friggin problem free. Asshole. I am sorry I use that word alot because the world is filled w/ many a asshole!

Well, I commend her. I think she realizes that he's a jerk, and there's not much you can do about those who are ill-informed. I agree that he did alot of people wrong, but what can you do? People are free to believe what they want to, and you aren't gonna change some people's minds. I think she realized that Cruise was a lost cause and moved on...

Oh that fanatic, Tom Cruise..geez..He is so
obessed with his religion, Scientology that he
tries to convert his family and friends to that
church. I read somewhere that he is now trying
to convert his in-laws who are Catholics! Unreal!
He needs to shove that *%#@ up his arse, lol!

Anybody like that fanatic needs to quit shoving
his religion down other people's throats..it is rude,
really. Everybody have a right to choose his/her
religion without people like Tom C. trying to convert
everybody to his own religion...:roll:
I cant stand people like that....grrr.

P.S....sorry to go off the topic..heh.

Back