Do You Suffer From Clinical Depression or Bipolar Disorder?

that is good AB keep up with medication smile

Absolutely, I am very against the psychiatrist medication to the human because of that medication chemical effect their physical and mental are not stabled. My job is administrated the medication to the clients everyday which I feel uncomfortable about this. It is my job; there is nothing else I can do. The doctor order on the medication sheet document, we follow what the psychiatrist and primary doctors order. :(
Wow Kalista, you work in the Deaf Mental Health field and you are uncomfortable administering the medicines to the consumers ... then why work there? I am on medicine for my depression. I find this nothing wrong with that. You need to be open minded with Deaf/ Mental Health consumers and many more. If you are a Diabetic, you need insulin everyday. It is the same thing.. Of course there will be always side effects. I am pretty disappointed in hearing your point of view. I am a strong Deaf Mental Health advocator. I have been there. I will submit your quote to your work. I am pretty stunned.

Please don't brag alll the mental health stuffs if you oppose idea of the psych meds and etc. You are not professional here. I am dismayed by this. I know you because I had met you once. I was told you are a truly nice woman ... but here that is different story. It hurts.

Please don't brag alll the mental health stuffs if you oppose idea of the psych meds and etc. You are not professional here. I am dismayed by this. I know you because I had met you once. I was told you are a truly nice woman ... but here that is different story. It hurts.

I will be the first one to say that some people need meds. I just don't like how some drs will perscribe meds without hardly talking to the person first. Try to deal with the problem first, and medicate if it's needed.

Absolutely, I am very against the psychiatrist medication to the human because of that medication chemical effect their physical and mental are not stabled. My job is administrated the medication to the clients everyday which I feel uncomfortable about this. It is my job; there is nothing else I can do. The doctor order on the medication sheet document, we follow what the psychiatrist and primary doctors order. :(

Find a job where you don't have to deal with people, that would be best for you. :roll:

I agree with you!

I will be the first one to say that some people need meds. I just don't like how some drs will perscribe meds without hardly talking to the person first. Try to deal with the problem first, and medicate if it's needed.

Here's the problem with that...

There are people who can't make gains in therapy until they are medicated. If you have a patient who is so depressed and anxious that their symptoms would interfere with the therapy process, you would first need to medicate the patient, so that they can work with the therapist, and make meaningful gains towards recovery of their illness.

I agree with you!

Yes, There are many disorders that require meds because they are mental disorders with a biological basis. Talk therapy doesn't do much good for the person experiencing a manic phase for example, until the mania is controlled. Likewise with the scizophrenic who has experienced a psychotic break. Meds need to be utilized to stabilize.

i agree with you

medications are suppose to help control or not?
:dunno: what they are suppose to do

Call your psychiatrist. Maybe your meds need to be adjusted?

Since I had my operation, I have not (sadly) been taking all of my meds. It's not the meds themselves, it's the lack of meds in my system. I have, in the last ten days (or so), been taking my full amount of meds so I expect to be feeling fine in the near future, hopefully.

Funny - Kalista is suddenly vanished ... Umm. Obviously she doesn't want her work to know about this. LOL ... I copied and pasted anyway. If she is a Mental Health consumer, she would understand. I have been there.

oops Kalista's comments are existed. LOL ... I am sorry to say this but I have to blunt about this. It hurts. How can the person who is a schizophrenic can live without medicines. Even for someone who has OCD, Bipolar or others. Some people who have Depression can treated without medicines -- can use the coping skills such as WRAP, DBT sessions or therapy. Some need medicines.

Dino,

I think you've done those of us who need our meds a world of good. And, you also probably saved someone needless suffering.

Thank you. :)

Any therapist who knowingly withholds medication referral from a patient who clearly needs it, is being negligent and should be reported.

Dino,

I think you've done those of us who need our meds a world of good. And, you also probably saved someone needless suffering.

Thank you. :)

Any therapist who knowingly withholds medication referral from a patient who clearly needs it, is being negligent and should be reported.

Wait a minute.....someone was knowlingly witholding prescribed meds from individuals?

Back