Do you consider Animal or human Sacrifice as......

Do you consider Animal or human sacrifice

• as cruelty?

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • as not cruelty?

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • as normal accord belief?

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • as other reasons?

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
RebelGirl said:
Well.. he was a kid back then.. I wasn't with him at the time. and I can't just dump him over what he did when he was a kid..

Honestly, I would. An act THAT drastic in the past--even that far back--tells me all I need to know about that person's character, and how he would treat others in the future. Even if he does not literally kill again, I could not be with someone so sadistic that they could have done that. I would have to fear that I or any children would be a victim in some way in the future. His hands are stained with blood and that is not a thing I would tolerate.

You are one sick man, I'd be happy to throw you to the mental hospital someday and you'll be trapped in the old spooky hospital crying and feeling guilty sometime after u're stuck there for years! It's not true that all boys do that, I don't do that. I loved animals and wouldn't hurt animals in abusive way. I wish you were never here.

Heath said:
Really, in Ancient times this practice of animal sacrifice was commonplace but not as common as human sarcifice was.

I am not much for animal sacrifice for religious purposes beyond when I was a kid and swung the cat's tail and splattered the cat's brains all over the cement or shot small animals with a bb gun in a very cruel way, not for hunting purposes to get some meat to eat at the dinner table or getting a needle from my mom's sewing basket and put on my hearing aid then put the needle pin in the cat to hear the cat scream.

Every boy at one time or another has at least done something cruel to animals.

I know that in Israel you will see animals being sacrificed according to the Torah and I also know that if you went to Palestine that you will see muslims doing the same thing with Halal meat and pronouncing the name of Allah.

As for human sacrifices, that is mainly done by native tribes in South America, Africa and other third world countries.

The only time I would eat a human which is called cannablism would probably have to be something like from :

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?ean=786936190267&z=y&frm=0&itm=3

I don't think we need to do animal sacrifices beyond saying the Lord's Prayer at suppertime to give Thanks to the Good Almighty Lord and God who provides the food and drink needed to stay healthy. If you are going to get an animal for food then make it swift , clean and do not hurt the animal anymore than is needed. Preferably one shot should stop a deer then take the deer home and cut up, label the deer meat then put in freezer to cook for later at suppertime and say Thank you to the Lord for providing the deer meat.

sequoias said:
You are one sick man, I'd be happy to throw you to the mental hospital someday and you'll be trapped in the old spooky hospital crying and feeling guilty sometime after u're stuck there for years! It's not true that all boys do that, I don't do that. I loved animals and wouldn't hurt animals in abusive way. I wish you were never here.

Something tells me you are trying to score points with the women here and I am telling the truth. I know that many boys have done something to animals as a kid, maybe their mother never saw that so their mother would not know about it and if their mother knew then she would have done something about it but then the boys realized it was not good when they saw the animal was dead and they never did that ever again.

It is natural for a mother to want to think good thoughts towards her children which is perfectly fine. You have to realize that some boys did those things as children, some boys may not have done that and some did so I am not ashamed to be telling the truth like it is meanwhile you may be in some hospital pining away and I turned out to be very good later in adult life, very hardworking and help people alots whenever I can so think twice before you try to make somebody look like an a**hole when they are not and you end up being the a**hole here.

Hello Heath, it's Sweetheart. That's not true that Sequoias is trying to score points with the women here. Im his girlfriend for pete's sake. He just told you the truth with his feelings, that's all. And, I know how boys are with animal, of course. But the fact is that my older brother and young brother never hurt any animals. Plus, my father never hurt any animals with own horrible like you did to cat and etc like that, he would slap any animals if they annoy him for barking to hurt his ears or keeping jump on people for no reasons, that's all. I just told you the truth abt that also. But please, don't be mean to my boyfriend, he just told you the truth and he isn't asshole, you are asshole also because you pointed at Sequoias and called him which it means you are asshole too, you should be saying something nice and explain him back that's all. I do understand how you feel when Sequoias said something in there which is mean, just ingore it that's all, ok? Thanks. ;)

Heath said:
Something tells me you are trying to score points with the women here and I am telling the truth. I know that many boys have done something to animals as a kid, maybe their mother never saw that so their mother would not know about it and if their mother knew then she would have done something about it but then the boys realized it was not good when they saw the animal was dead and they never did that ever again.

It is natural for a mother to want to think good thoughts towards her children which is perfectly fine. You have to realize that some boys did those things as children, some boys may not have done that and some did so I am not ashamed to be telling the truth like it is meanwhile you may be in some hospital pining away and I turned out to be very good later in adult life, very hardworking and help people alots whenever I can so think twice before you try to make somebody look like an a**hole when they are not and you end up being the a**hole here.

sequoias said:
Hello Heath, it's Sweetheart. That's not true that Sequoias is trying to score points with the women here. Im his girlfriend for pete's sake. He just told you the truth with his feelings, that's all. And, I know how boys are with animal, of course. But the fact is that my older brother and young brother never hurt any animals. Plus, my father never hurt any animals with own horrible like you did to cat and etc like that, he would slap any animals if they annoy him for barking to hurt his ears or keeping jump on people for no reasons, that's all. I just told you the truth abt that also. But please, don't be mean to my boyfriend, he just told you the truth and he isn't asshole, you are asshole also because you pointed at Sequoias and called him which it means you are asshole too, you should be saying something nice and explain him back that's all. I do understand how you feel when Sequoias said something in there which is mean, just ingore it that's all, ok? Thanks. ;)

All I got to say is I don't believe Sequoias. That is why I said what I said and pulled no punches or watering it down or say something that is b.s. to him.

Heath said:
All I got to say is I don't believe Sequoias. That is why I said what I said and pulled no punches or watering it down or say something that is b.s. to him.

Whatever you say. You would be apologize in a day. :bye:

I found interesting link...

I'm going to paste some from link to add here.

Ritual Human Sacrifice in the Bible
(Why does God want me to burn animals and humans?)

The Bible, especially the Old Testament, is filled with numerous stories of animal and human sacrifice. God, we are told, likes the pleasing aroma of burning flesh. Animal sacrifice is much more common than human sacrifice, but both occur and are "pleasing to the Lord".

Genesis, the first book of the Bible, has Abraham preparing to sacrifice his son to God. "Take your son, your only son – yes, Isaac, whom you love so much – and go to the land of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains, which I will point out to you." (Genesis 22:1-18) Abraham takes his own son up on a mountain and builds an altar upon which to burn him. He even lies to his son and has him help build the altar. Then Abraham ties his son to the altar and puts a knife to his throat. He then hears God tell him this was just a test of his faith. However, God still wanted to smell some burnt flesh so he tells Abraham to burn a ram.

Even though he didn't kill his son, it is still an incredibly cruel and evil thing to do. If Abraham did that today he would be in jail serving a long sentence as someone's prison-bitch. It amazes me how Christians see this story as a sign of God's love. There is no love here, just pure unadulterated evil.

Liebling: *nodding agreement* Very true - I would never, never, never, never do what anyone says to kill my own flesh and blood children... never, never, never..., no matter what...

Would you do that to your own children or pet as human and animal sacrifice to worship God?

I don't understand why Christians said nothing about God kill innoncent babies and people, make the people to burnt child or animal as sacrifice to worship him but they said something when the person killed other person or animal in any threads...

The first seven chapters of Leviticus have extensive rules regarding animal and food sacrifices. These offerings are supposed to be burnt so that God can smell them. If you read through these it seems clear to me that the priests were getting their followers to make a big feast for them every week. The priests were very particular about what kind of food to bring and how to prepare it.

Even more peculiar is God's obsession with first-born sons. In Exodus 13:2 the Lord said "Consecrate to me every first-born that opens the womb among Israelites, both man and beast, for it belongs to me." Later it says that you can redeem (replace) an ass with a sheep and that you must redeem a child for an unspecified price. It is clear from the context that "consecrate" means a burning sacrifice. These priests are guilty of theft and kidnapping. Since any sins in the Old Testament were punishable by death, these priests used the threat of death to extort food and money from their followers. What do we call a scum-bag that threatens to kill your kids unless you pay a ransom? A kidnapper! If these priests were alive today they would be in prison with Abraham.

However, in Leviticus 27:28-29, the Lord allows for no redemptions. "Note also that any one of his possessions which a man vows as doomed to the Lord, whether it is a human being or an animal, or a hereditary field, shall be neither sold nor ransomed; everything that is thus doomed becomes most sacred to the Lord. All human beings that are doomed lose the right to be redeemed; they must be put to death." I must admit that I am a bit confused by this contradiction, but it might only apply to slaves in your possession. Not that it makes any difference. A human sacrifice is a human sacrifice, and it is just sick.

also animal sacrifice as well...

Religions think it's okay... :cold:

:cold:

Bible Passages About Ritual Human Sacrifice

Jephthah Burns His Daughter

"At that time the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah, and he went throughout the land of Gilead and Manasseh, including Mizpah in Gilead, and led an army against the Ammonites. And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD. He said, "If you give me victory over the Ammonites, I will give to the LORD the first thing coming out of my house to greet me when I return in triumph. I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering."

"So Jephthah led his army against the Ammonites, and the LORD gave him victory. He thoroughly defeated the Ammonites from Aroer to an area near Minnith – twenty towns – and as far away as Abel-keramim. Thus Israel subdued the Ammonites. When Jephthah returned home to Mizpah, his daughter – his only child – ran out to meet him, playing on a tambourine and dancing for joy. When he saw her, he tore his clothes in anguish. "My daughter!" he cried out. "My heart is breaking! What a tragedy that you came out to greet me. For I have made a vow to the LORD and cannot take it back." And she said, "Father, you have made a promise to the LORD. You must do to me what you have promised, for the LORD has given you a great victory over your enemies, the Ammonites. But first let me go up and roam in the hills and weep with my friends for two months, because I will die a virgin." "You may go," Jephthah said. And he let her go away for two months. She and her friends went into the hills and wept because she would never have children. When she returned home, her father kept his vow, and she died a virgin. So it has become a custom in Israel for young Israelite women to go away for four days each year to lament the fate of Jephthah's daughter." (Judges 11:29-40 NLT)

God Commands Burning Humans

[The Lord speaking] "The one who has stolen what was set apart for destruction will himself be burned with fire, along with everything he has, for he has broken the covenant of the LORD and has done a horrible thing in Israel." (Joshua 7:15 NLT)

Josiah and Human Sacrifice

At the LORD's command, a man of God from Judah went to Bethel, and he arrived there just as Jeroboam was approaching the altar to offer a sacrifice. Then at the LORD's command, he shouted, "O altar, altar! This is what the LORD says: A child named Josiah will be born into the dynasty of David. On you he will sacrifice the priests from the pagan shrines who come here to burn incense, and human bones will be burned on you." (1 Kings 13:1-2 NLT)

He [Josiah] executed the priests of the pagan shrines on their own altars, and he burned human bones on the altars to desecrate them. Finally, he returned to Jerusalem. King Josiah then issued this order to all the people: "You must celebrate the Passover to the LORD your God, as it is written in the Book of the Covenant." There had not been a Passover celebration like that since the time when the judges ruled in Israel, throughout all the years of the kings of Israel and Judah. This Passover was celebrated to the LORD in Jerusalem during the eighteenth year of King Josiah's reign. Josiah also exterminated the mediums and psychics, the household gods, and every other kind of idol worship, both in Jerusalem and throughout the land of Judah. He did this in obedience to all the laws written in the scroll that Hilkiah the priest had found in the LORD's Temple. Never before had there been a king like Josiah, who turned to the LORD with all his heart and soul and strength, obeying all the laws of Moses. And there has never been a king like him since. (2 Kings 23:20-25 NLT)

Human Sacrifice

Chastised a little, they shall be greatly blessed, because God tried them and found them worthy of himself. As gold in the furnace, he proved them, and as sacrificial offerings he took them to himself. In the time of their visitation they shall shine, and shall dart about as sparks through stubble; (Wisdom 3:5-7 NAB The Book of The Wisdom of Solomon is mostly in Catholic versions of the Bible.)

Child Sacrifice

And this became a hidden trap for mankind, because men, in bondage to misfortune or to royal authority, bestowed on objects of stone or wood the name that ought not to be shared. Afterward it was not enough for them to err about the knowledge of God, but they live in great strife due to ignorance, and they call such great evils peace. For whether they kill children in their initiations, or celebrate secret mysteries, or hold frenzied revels with strange customs… (Wisdom 14:21-23 RSV) The Book of The Wisdom of Solomon is mostly in Catholic versions of the Bible. This passage condemns human sacrifice but acknowledges that it did happen by early God worshipers.

Humans are Fuel for Fire

As for you, son of man, prophesy: Thus says the Lord GOD against the Ammonites and their insults: A sword, a sword is drawn for slaughter, burnished to consume and to flash lightning, because you planned with false visions and lying divinations to lay it on the necks of depraved and wicked men whose day has come when their crimes are at an end. Return it to its sheath! In the place where you were created, in the land of your origin, I will judge you. I will pour out my indignation upon you, breathing my fiery wrath upon you, I will hand you over to ravaging men, artisans of destruction. You shall be fuel for the fire, your blood shall flow throughout the land. You shall not be remembered, for I, the LORD, have spoken. (Ezekiel 21:33-37 NAB)

Burn Nonbelievers

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Liebling: WAKE UP, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the next time some Christian tells you about the "love of God", show them this page and ask them "Why does God want me to burn animals and humans?"

Liebling: love and feeling? Nope! Like what I said in other threads that I can tell from the bibles that there're no loving, respect and feeling but demand, selfish and judgement and do what God wants.

Ritual Human Sacrifice

I'm sure a website called "evilbible.com" is totally unbiased. :roll:

Christians don't sacrifice animals (pets or otherwise) or humans. Jesus was the final sacrifice. The only sacrifice a Christian is to perform is the sacrifice of self.

I'm sure a website called "evilbible.com" is totally unbiased. :roll:

Christians don't sacrifice animals (pets or otherwise) or humans. Jesus was the final sacrifice. The only sacrifice a Christian is to perform is the sacrifice of self.

I agree, it is totally unbiased. There is no sacrifice of animals after Jesus death. And been overlooked that God did not honor their sacrifice, bec of priest sinfulness. As of now, satanic worshippers or other religion still do sacrifice animals, but not in christianity. And many couldn't get the idea the purpose of sacrifice during the OT times.

I was going thru the whole thread...wow at some of these posts about abusing animals.

Anyways, I dont believe in sacrificing animals or humans.

I wish you add one sentence "keep this thread clean"..
Well since you dont mention it so I have to limit my opinion on this thread you created, that would have a way to aviod anyone may fire me an insulting question (or comment)..

My opinion it's quite cruel to do a such thing. Yes, Old Testament Bible had mention about an/a animal/animal sacrifice, I'd aware of that.. However, why sacrifice them? I know why and I also know a several reasons... but I cant answer it here, otherwise, I dont want to see anyone else, here, gets heat up and may have fighting comments against me or any ADer.

So I made a limit and very few simple opinions: 1) too cruel and 2) a such unantural things since after Jesus' death.

I consider sacrificing a human or animal to be primitive and "backwards".

I think it's wrong to take the life of another person or animal, but historically sacrifices were made to please different gods or spirits. I don't entirely understand it, but I guess it made sense to them. :dunno2:

I wish you add one sentence "keep this thread clean"..

This is my thread and allow anyone (I mean everyone no matter which belief they have) to entitle their opinion no matter what they think or not because I like open discussion.

Well since you dont mention it so I have to limit my opinion on this thread you created, that would have a way to aviod anyone may fire me an insulting question (or comment)..

You as adult know how to limit your opinion is good. I don't tell ADers what to do because they are adults and know their limits, too since they know AD rules.

My opinion it's quite cruel to do a such thing. Yes, Old Testament Bible had mention about an/a animal/animal sacrifice, I'd aware of that.. However, why sacrifice them?

Yes, you are not alone... Many of us wondering the same as well because we are animal lovers.

Why sacrifice them? Because the bible said that God like animal sacrifice, not fruit/vegetable sacrifice because fruit/vegetable from ground... :dunno2:

I know why and I also know a several reasons... but I cant answer it here, otherwise, I dont want to see anyone else, here, gets heat up and may have fighting comments against me or any ADer.

Simple is press the button to report Moderator & Admin. if you feel being insult/bash by ADers and let Moderator & Admin. to check themselves and then explain you what they think... They would remove posts if they feel it's not right.

So I made a limit and very few simple opinions: 1) too cruel and 2) a such unantural things since after Jesus' death.

No matter either before or after Jesus's death but animal sacrifie is animal sacrifie period. Muslims in Islam countries still do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back