Do you consider Animal or human Sacrifice as......

Do you consider Animal or human sacrifice

• as cruelty?

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • as not cruelty?

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • as normal accord belief?

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • as other reasons?

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liebling:-)))

Sussi *7.7.86 - 18.6.09*
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jaya sacrifices animal ban at election altar

Chennai, Feb. 20: The Jayalalithaa regime has revoked the ban on animal sacrifices in temples in yet another pre-poll gesture before the model code of conduct kicks in.

On the chief minister’s advice, governor P.S. Ramamohan Rao today promulgated the Tamil Nadu Animals and Birds Sacrifices Prohibition (Repeal) Ordinance, 2004, that will annul a 1950 act banning animal sacrifices in temples.

The ordinance that comes into immediate effect seeks to “respect and protect” the ancient religious beliefs and practices of the people, said an official statement released here this afternoon. This should bring some cheer to the rural populace that had resented the ban.

Though the act — brought in by the then Congress government — has been around for long, its provisions were strictly enforced only from August last year following a government directive to police to prevent “crude” sacrifices. Jayalalithaa had justified the move on the grounds of hygiene and prevention of cruelty to animals.

It sparked a wave of defiance as people in several districts openly sacrificed animals to appease their “presiding deities” while the helpless police looked on.

The Opposition, too, had denounced the move, saying it interfered with the religious freedom of the most backward sections and, in particular, the Dalits, and affected the livelihood of those economically dependent on the practice.

But leading animal activists, including former Union minister Maneka Gandhi, had applauded the chief minister’s courage and determination.

Even the Kanchi Sankaracharya was against animal sacrifices, prompting Opposition leaders to accuse Jayalalithaa of trying to “sanskritise” the traditional rituals of the backwards and thus “undermining” Tamil cultural practices.

The state BJP, which in principle is against animal sacrifices, too, had felt that age-old practices should not be interfered with.

From ancient times, “grama devatas (folk deities)” in the state’s predominantly rural society have been appeased with animal sacrifices, as an act of “nethi kadan (thanksgiving)”.

Faced with a deluge of complaints that the ban was curbing religious customs, Jayalalithaa said the people had also expressed the fear of deities’ “curse visiting their families” as a consequence.

To ensure a remedial measure “for all times to come”, the chief minister said she recommended the ordinance repealing the act completely.

The Jayalalithaa regime has thus retracted several of its controversial decisions, if only to appease the electorate and blunt the Opposition attack in the run-up to the general elections.

Ten days ago, the government had reinstated nearly a thousand state employees who had struck work in July last year, and also abolished agricultural income-tax for plantation crops and slashed stamp duty.

Brickbats for bouquets

Jayalalithaa late last night urged her party cadre not to throw bouquets and garlands at her while campaigning, after she claimed to have suffered minor injuries in one such shower of affection, reports PTI.

A statement released late last night said the incident occurred while the chief minister was leaving a function in Chennai. It further said that in view of police warning that the LTTE might make an attempt on her life, the rebels might impersonate party workers and plant a bomb in a bouquet.

Jayalalithaa also urged the cadre to desist from putting up her cut-outs and, instead, donate the money spent on the extravagance to the party fund.

http://images.google.de/imgres?imgu...fices+animal&start=80&svnum=10&hl=de&lr=&sa=N

Yes I consider it as cruelty.

What about you?

I notice that I have views and vote 3... Why can´t anyone post their opinion here?

I won´t bite you when you have different opinion as me... :thumb:

I consider animal sacrifices morally degrading and vile.

Really, in Ancient times this practice of animal sacrifice was commonplace but not as common as human sarcifice was.

I am not much for animal sacrifice for religious purposes beyond when I was a kid and swung the cat's tail and splattered the cat's brains all over the cement or shot small animals with a bb gun in a very cruel way, not for hunting purposes to get some meat to eat at the dinner table or getting a needle from my mom's sewing basket and put on my hearing aid then put the needle pin in the cat to hear the cat scream.

Every boy at one time or another has at least done something cruel to animals.

I know that in Israel you will see animals being sacrificed according to the Torah and I also know that if you went to Palestine that you will see muslims doing the same thing with Halal meat and pronouncing the name of Allah.

As for human sacrifices, that is mainly done by native tribes in South America, Africa and other third world countries.

The only time I would eat a human which is called cannablism would probably have to be something like from :

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?ean=786936190267&z=y&frm=0&itm=3

I don't think we need to do animal sacrifices beyond saying the Lord's Prayer at suppertime to give Thanks to the Good Almighty Lord and God who provides the food and drink needed to stay healthy. If you are going to get an animal for food then make it swift , clean and do not hurt the animal anymore than is needed. Preferably one shot should stop a deer then take the deer home and cut up, label the deer meat then put in freezer to cook for later at suppertime and say Thank you to the Lord for providing the deer meat.

Liebling:-))) said:
I notice that I have views and vote 3... Why can´t anyone post their opinion here?

I won´t bite you when you have different opinion as me... :thumb:
I can't vote because the way you worded the choices. You combined animal AND human sacrifice together, and you didn't specify the method of animal sacrifice, and you didn't specify if you mean currently practiced or historically practiced, etc. That is, none of your choices applied.

IMO there is no need for human OR animal sacrifice now. God required specific animal sacrifice until Jesus was the final sacrifice. So I say no sacrifice, human or animal, is necessary now. Animal sacrifice, done following the rules that God established, was necessary until Jesus was sacrificed. All other sacrifice--no.

Heath said:
I am not much for animal sacrifice for religious purposes beyond when I was a kid and swung the cat's tail and splattered the cat's brains all over the cement or shot small animals with a bb gun in a very cruel way, not for hunting purposes to get some meat to eat at the dinner table or getting a needle from my mom's sewing basket and put on my hearing aid then put the needle pin in the cat to hear the cat scream.

Nice try--every boy has NOT done something cruel to animals. Some have, but others have not. Nor does it justify your behavior; you had no right to do those things. It doesn't matter if you were a child. If you were big enough to do the things you describe in such a deliberate, cold manner, YOU ARE ACCOUNTABLE--and frankly, I do not even wish to speak to you anymore on ANY topic.

When I was a kid... and I tell you.. a KID... I was cruel to pets *unintentionally* a few times. I was not aware of how much pain I inflicted on them. Now, just the thought of what I did to them makes me feel sick. I really feel remorseful for what I did. Even when I was just a "kid", to this day, I still feel pangs of guilt.

And that is why I find animal abuse detestable and should not be tolerated at all. It's morally and ethically degrading.

netrox said:
When I was a kid... and I tell you.. a KID... I was cruel to pets *unintentionally* a few times. I was not aware of how much pain I inflicted on them. Now, just the thought of what I did to them makes me feel sick. I really feel remorseful for what I did. Even when I was just a "kid", to this day, I still feel pangs of guilt.

I can't blame you for feeling that. Even old things like that stick around in the mind. :(

While it's not animal abuse, would you believe that I still feel guilty for cheating on part of a state test at age 5 or 6? Even though I was very, very little, I had been told that cheating was wrong, and I believe I had the capacity to choose not to do it. Now, as it has turned out over the years, I have performed well many, many, many times on exams without ever having had to cheat. Yet I still feel bad about that one from when I was so little.

voted as cruelty

I am an animal lover. I don't see how I could do that to animals nor humans. If I have a pet that died, I'd bury it right away. Not go sacrificing the animals. :ugh2:

Heath said:

Every boy at one time or another has at least done something cruel to animals. ..
No, it is NOT normal for children to intentionally abuse animals.

Heath, I hope you now realize how wrong it was for you to torture those animals. I didn't read that in your post. Do you know understand that what you did was very bad? Have you repented of that sin? If you are sorry about what you did, you really shouldn't post those examples in a way that sounds like bragging or pleasure. Please think about that.

Doctors/Psych/researchers tried to pinpointed why and how the so-called infamous murderers such as Jeff Dahmner, Ted Bundy, David "Son of Sam" Berkowitz, Albert "Boston Strangler" DeSalvo, they'd started it from their childhood to become cruel to their animals before they hurting people!!

http://www.dubelu.com/articles/Scie...The-Key-To-Serial-Minds-By-C-Bailey-Lloyd.php

http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=cruelty_kidsandcruelty

Parents should focus on their children and show kindness to animals, as they are their first teacher to observed their children's feelings/understand and emotion, as its known as the "Triad of warning signs in childhood".

Is it only happen before Jesus' time (O.T) to animal sacrifice for religious purposes?

Heath said:
Really, in Ancient times this practice of animal sacrifice was commonplace but not as common as human sarcifice was.

My three boys could NEVER do something like you did to this poor cat, I don't care how little you were, a child should know better than that, and beside your post makes me sick to the point that I can not read it anymore, please do think before you make a comment like this, this is the most cruel act you have done to a cat....

Heath said:

:shock: You had some serious pyschological problems when you were a kid. Your story sounds horrible the same time very sad, I never read something this violence from a member of AD before.

Now that is not true at all, There are children out there who have very good parents, who would educational them. Not all abuse and neglect children would go their way and do cruelly to animals.

Heath said:

I know that in Israel you will see animals being sacrificed according to the Torah and I also know that if you went to Palestine that you will see muslims doing the same thing with Halal meat and pronouncing the name of Allah.

As for human sacrifices, that is mainly done by native tribes in South America, Africa and other third world countries.

The only time I would eat a human which is called cannablism would probably have to be something like from :

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?ean=786936190267&z=y&frm=0&itm=3

I don't think we need to do animal sacrifices beyond saying the Lord's Prayer at suppertime to give Thanks to the Good Almighty Lord and God who provides the food and drink needed to stay healthy. If you are going to get an animal for food then make it swift , clean and do not hurt the animal anymore than is needed. Preferably one shot should stop a deer then take the deer home and cut up, label the deer meat then put in freezer to cook for later at suppertime and say Thank you to the Lord for providing the deer meat.
*GASP* that sooo AWFUL! gee! u dont have a soft heart.. sowwy to say that

Rose Immortal said:
Nice try--every boy has NOT done something cruel to animals. Some have, but others have not. Nor does it justify your behavior; you had no right to do those things. It doesn't matter if you were a child. If you were big enough to do the things you describe in such a deliberate, cold manner, YOU ARE ACCOUNTABLE--and frankly, I do not even wish to speak to you anymore on ANY topic.

This pretty much sums up with what the majority would think and feel about the way you Heath carried out cruel, meaningless acts against animals when you were younger. :squint:

When I was a boy, growing up, I NEVER, EVER carried out cruel acts against any animal whatsoever. I was taught to be kind, caring and gentle around animals/pets....

Also, to describe this in the matter you (Heath) did here and it's really deplorable and sounds more of bragging or showing how 'tough' you were, but in all sense, it's really sickening to know or read about.

It's been said that some of these certain types of 'kids' who manipulate animals for pleasure or whatnots will usually grow up carrying out these types of idiotic ways on bigger things like human beings.

I could say more...but I'll leave it at that...but if you continue to post such vile acts about what you've done to animals in the past, I'll simply remove them for I believe nobody would want to read such things here in AD.

Heath said:

*shudders* :Ohno:

That was really horrible of you to do that to the cat. It is not true that every boy would do the same as what you did. I have 4 nephews and none of them have been cruel to their pet dog and birds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back