Do you consider Animal or human Sacrifice as......

Do you consider Animal or human sacrifice

• as cruelty?

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • as not cruelty?

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • as normal accord belief?

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • as other reasons?

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CyberRed said:
There's ALOT of guys doin' that. Look at China/Japan -- they do kill their cats in their boilin' pots while the cats are alive.

That's what I heard.. for chinese food, right?

netrox said:
It's not one bit surprising that serial killers start with animal cruelty.

I think many kids who are cruel to animals tend to be less empathetic to humankind and seek total dominance over animals including humans. Not surprisingly, Heath fits that profile - he seeks dominence and unfortuantely uses religion as one of the tools for it.

No, I don't really fit the profile and some people can set off all the red flags and not do a thing.

Just because somebody sets off red flags does not always mean he or she will do this or that.

That is used as a guide, not as a rule.

Remember psychology is not an exact science.

RebelGirl said:

Yes, I saw that on HBO !!!!!

I was in shock when I saw that on HBO.

We weren't talking about some guys, we were talking about children and it not normal for a child to do what Heath did as a child that the point

We all know that some women and men can be cruel to pets/animals

Heath said:
...I know many guys who did that too when they were a kid. Most boys have had swung a cat at one time or another and I always find it hard to believe when a guy says he never hurt a cat when he was a kid.

If he kept hurting animals well into adulthood then something is seriously wrong there because that is usually what boys do at that age and are curious then swing a cat around.
I don't know any boys who did those things. I asked Hubby, and he said he never did anything like that, and none of his friends did that. He said that you must have hung out with the wrong crowd of kids if that was common to you.

Children committing intentional cruelty to animals is NOT normal.

RebelGirl said:
My ex husband told me once when he was a kid... he went "cat" fishing. he got a fishing pole and put food on the hook.. he swung the pole and there was a cat coming toward the hook and the cat ate some.. My ex husband jerked the pole and the hook got hooked into the cat's mouth..the cat went wild and kept flipping, running back and forth while ex hubby was reeling in. as soon as the cat came closer.. he held on to him and took the hook out of its mouth and buried the cat alive.

Was that horrible!? I didn't like it when he told me that. I was really pissed at him and told him that turned me off. He kept telling me he was young and he didn't like cats. He certainly wasn't an animal lover it was hard for me to have animals around him.
oh my gosh! ur ex hubby is SICKO!!! gesh! i am glad that ua re not with him!

RebelGirl said:
My ex husband told me once when he was a kid... he went "cat" fishing. he got a fishing pole and put food on the hook.. he swung the pole and there was a cat coming toward the hook and the cat ate some.. My ex husband jerked the pole and the hook got hooked into the cat's mouth..the cat went wild and kept flipping, running back and forth while ex hubby was reeling in. as soon as the cat came closer.. he held on to him and took the hook out of its mouth and buried the cat alive.

Was that horrible!? I didn't like it when he told me that. I was really pissed at him and told him that turned me off. He kept telling me he was young and he didn't like cats. He certainly wasn't an animal lover it was hard for me to have animals around him.

I would dump a guy on the spot if he told me that: "It's over, bastard--final decision, no further discussion!"

All I would be able to think is that I would surely be treated the same way in a relationship because if he thought cruelty was OK with a cat, then he'd think it was OK with a human.

Liebling:-))) said:
I consider animal and human equal that´s why I put "or" which mean is "either", not "AND".

It look like animal sacrifice is okay for you. You would of vote animal sacrifice as belief reasons or not cruelty if I did not add human on the poll. Correct?
Animal sacrifice, as performed by Jewish believers in accordance with God's ordinances, was necessary until the sacrifice of Jesus. Yes, I believe they were right to do that. It is not right to do it now.

Also, I do not consider animals to be equal with humans. I believe human life is much more valuable than animal life.

Reba said:
Animal sacrifice, as performed by Jewish believers in accordance with God's ordinances, was necessary until the sacrifice of Jesus. Yes, I believe they were right to do that. It is not right to do it now.

Also, I do not consider animals to be equal with humans. I believe human life is much more valuable than animal life.

While I do not feel that animals are quite the same as humans, I do think we need to be much more careful to avoid causing them pain than we are. Because we were assigned to care for the creatures of the Earth, we must be responsible stewards. We have the ability to reason and understand what our actions will do to them, and therefore we must exercise our judgment and caution on their behalf, because they cannot.

I would very much like to see the cruelties of corporate farming stopped, for instance. I have no problem with meat as a part of the human diet, and I especially need it because there are a lot of vegetables and fruits I just can't stomach. But what I do have a problem with is the terrible conditions under which corporate-farmed animals are kept, and the ways in which they are slaughtered. And I'd like to find an organization that is NOT PETA through which Congress could be lobbied to stop such abuses--because frankly I don't think that industry will respond without laws.

Liebling:-))) said:
...No wonder why I don´t follow what the bible says. I bet you would of be good boy if your parents don´t worship the bible and command you something what you don´t like...
I agree that Heath was wrong to torture animals but I don't see what his bad behavior has to do with the Bible. The Bible doesn't tell kids to torture animals. That is pretty wild speculation on your part to say "you would of be good boy if your parents don´t worship the bible and command you something what you don´t like."

Rose Immortal said:
While I do not feel that animals are quite the same as humans, I do think we need to be much more careful to avoid causing them pain than we are. Because we were assigned to care for the creatures of the Earth, we must be responsible stewards. We have the ability to reason and understand what our actions will do to them, and therefore we must exercise our judgment and caution on their behalf, because they cannot...
I fully support humane treatment of animals. I'm the biggest softie when it comes to animal welfare. Our backyard is practically a wild animal refuge, we have served as animal shelter volunteers, my daughter is a promoter of dog rescue organizations, etc. But I would never put the welfare of an animal above that of a human.

The Jews practiced the most humane manner of killing animals for sacrifice. It's too bad the Romans didn't use as much care when they crucified Jesus.

RebelGirl said:

Yep. I believe that small boys kill their animals over there - not just adults, because of their custom or culture for years.

But, in here ( USA ) - that's a big difference. It's illegal to harm the cats, dogs and what have you for pets.

I am a dog lover. I have my own 2 dogs and I would NEVER harm my kids ( my dogs ) like that.

It's interestin' to see every country is different from each other about how they treat their own animals. Followin' by their culture/custom for religion reason or food.

CyberRed said:
There's ALOT of guys doin' that. Look at China/Japan -- they do kill their cats in their boilin' pots while the cats are alive.

Pay attention to my wording I said not every guy or every child.

Cheri said:
Pay attention to my wording I said not every guy or every child.

Of course, I know that. You were talkin' about Heath. I wasn't talkin' about him. I was talkin' about other people in China/Japan who did killin' their cats.

RebelGirl said:
Lol.. I'm not with him anymore.. i haven't been with him in 6 years...
he wasn't for me anyways...

sorry, girl... i made you sick...

the reason i was bringing that up because Heath brought it up about cruelty and I meant to say that I totally disagree what happened there.

Ohhh.. Thank God.. you arent with him..

Yeah.. hearing or reading about animal cruelty makes me sick..

In Facts that when the kids start killing small animals then big animals then they get older, good chance for them to be serial killer..
I noticed that alot of times.. start with killing the animals.. then kids then people..

but what make me sick.. they tried kill animal , skinned, eat flesh, then later will do the same with humans.. for example.. recent the girl missing and found that she was murdered, the killer admit that he planned to skinned her and eat her..

:-| shudders..

DoofusMama said:
for example.. recent the girl missing and found that she was murdered, the killer admit that he planned to skinned her and eat her..

Eww - that's totally sick !

:jaw: I can´t beleive after read some of posts here that the people have no heart for innoncent animals but enjoy to cruel them...

I wasn´t realized that I create a horrible thread here... :shock:

Rose Immortal said:
I would dump a guy on the spot if he told me that: "It's over, bastard--final decision, no further discussion!"

All I would be able to think is that I would surely be treated the same way in a relationship because if he thought cruelty was OK with a cat, then he'd think it was OK with a human.

Well.. he was a kid back then.. I wasn't with him at the time. and I can't just dump him over what he did when he was a kid..

DoofusMama said:
Ohhh.. Thank God.. you arent with him..

Yeah.. hearing or reading about animal cruelty makes me sick..

In Facts that when the kids start killing small animals then big animals then they get older, good chance for them to be serial killer..
I noticed that alot of times.. start with killing the animals.. then kids then people..

but what make me sick.. they tried kill animal , skinned, eat flesh, then later will do the same with humans.. for example.. recent the girl missing and found that she was murdered, the killer admit that he planned to skinned her and eat her..

:-| shudders..

what's more.. is her body was found downstairs where her parents lives upstairs. he was going to eat her.. i can't imagine that.. its sad and very upsetting too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back