Do you believe in God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Understandin' Quotes"

"He is no fool who gives what he can not keep to gain what he can not lose".
"People who live in the shadow of persecution and death need a hope worth dyin' for".
"What we can touch and see is easier to love than what is invisible".
"The visible world becomes less important to us as we realize how temporary circumstances are and how elusive relationships can be".
"Anyone who is in Christ can be despised on earth while being highly honored in Heaven's eyes".
"When we turn to Christ we enter into a relationship with Him, and we become members of His family".
"Not only is Jesus' death the basis for our forgiveness, it's also the foundation for our transformation".
"A new and strange method of healin': The doctor suffered the costs, and the sick received the healin'".
"What Christ suffered for us is far greater than anythin' we suffer for Him".
"The ark is an ancient symbol that pointed forward to our rescue in Christ".
"On the cross, Jesus experienced the flood of God's Wrath against our sin. But He was not destroyed".
"God wanted them to know the incomparable experience of embracin' what is not temporary".
"Great harm has been done to the concept of holiness by those who confuse it with self-righteous arrogance".
"By this all men will know that you are My disciple, if you love one another".
"Believers need God's Word as much as often as a baby needs its mother's milk, for it is the source of all that is infinite, eternal, and good".
"If we fail to be Christlike within our own families, we will lose other opportunities for good and for God".
"Submission is a lovin', purposeful, enlightened submission. It is not a blind, passive attitude that cowers without character or reason".
"Believers are people who see their present troubles against the backdrop of the future".

The claim has been made that the inverted cross is a Roman Catholic symbol which represents the cross of Peter. Legend has it that Peter was crucified upside down because he said only Jesus should have the honor of being crucified right side up. Of course, this is not substantiated by historic records. It is legend-- a fabrication by Romanish story tellers.

There is no biblical evidence that Peter ever even went to Rome much less died there on an upside down cross. Paul wrote the letter to the Romans and greeted a lot people there by name--with no mention of Peter. The Lord told PAUL that he was to bear witness of Him in Rome--not Peter.

That is what I've been told by people that don't follow the Catholic Faith.
Is it possible they are right?

Last edited:
Ginette said:
The claim has been made that the inverted cross is a Roman Catholic symbol which represents the cross of Peter. Legend has it that Peter was crucified upside down because he said only Jesus should have the honor of being crucified right side up. Of course, this is not substantiated by historic records. It is legend-- a fabrication by Romanish story tellers.

There is no biblical evidence that Peter ever even went to Rome much less died there on an upside down cross. Paul wrote the letter to the Romans and greeted a lot people there by name--with no mention of Peter. The Lord told PAUL that he was to bear witness of Him in Rome--not Peter.

Yep, you are correct. The only problem is that Roman Catholic believes that Peter was the first pope. To me, that's blasphemy when the Pope said that the Roman Catholic Church is the ONLY church to inherited Heaven, just because of Peter who had the keys that Jesus gave it to him. In history from long ago that it was the Vatican pope who persecuted Protestant people ... and the Vatican itself hasn't changed since that day. The marytar still continues....

DreamSlayer said:
Why is the upside down cross representing St. John of the Cross?
Is it in relation to the crucifiction of (Simon) Peter?

I have been asked the nun. She explained me very clear about upside down cross. There is different verison about this story... here it goes...

It's Simon Peter, which you are right. Peter been choice by Jesus in around 30 AD. After Jesus died and rose into the heaven. Peter started become first Pope for Catholic church. He taught the people about following Jesus, love, faith and forgive and much more. Laterly, for few years, there are hater people want to kill Peter for saying about Jesus and God. They want to hang him up on cross like Jesus did. But Peter thought he wasn't ready. Not worth to be hang on the cross like Jesus. Peter insisted tell them to change upside cross and hang on there as he isn't being worthy.

What do I understand that there are many people still think that upside is offensed. However, not every cross in upside doesn't appear on every church but only for Pope allow to have upside cross.

I always said the Bible is the biggest child’s story ever written by man. It's similar to Santa Claus, tooth Fairy, or Easter(rabbit). :dance:

For God is not body or man, but Also God is a soul or spirit. And that soul is love.

Pope John discovers that He apoglized to public about God stuff under cathoic.. He realized that JESUS is true Son of God and told public about it.. Pope John taught them and right thing about JESUS and etc etc.. Pope John told everyones please don't worship me.. Just pray to JESUS.. (looks like start over again and teach them) ?
Cathoic peoples seems confused bit..

Pope John wants them accept Jesus' heart becoming Christian.. for find forgiveness.. etc etc..

Is that true ?? I need to know more specific.. etc etc..

Bullym0m said:
Pope John discovers that He apoglized to public about God stuff under cathoic.. He realized that JESUS is true Son of God and told public about it.. Pope John taught them and right thing about JESUS and etc etc.. Pope John told everyones please don't worship me.. Just pray to JESUS.. (looks like start over again and teach them) ?

Pope John wants them accept Jesus' heart becoming Christian.. for find forgiveness.. etc etc..

i'm catholic myself.. i never worship on pope.. i always worship on jesus or god.

however, druing mass.. they talk about pope john paul 2 druing the bread and wine. it doesn't mean to worship pope john paul 2 just to honor him as a big boss for all priest

Last edited:
Bullym0m said:

Pope is like another priest or "teacher".

illustrator said:
I have been asked the nun. She explained me very clear about upside down cross. There is different verison about this story... here it goes...

It's Simon Peter, which you are right. Peter been choice by Jesus in around 30 AD. After Jesus died and rose into the heaven. Peter started become first Pope for Catholic church. He taught the people about following Jesus, love, faith and forgive and much more. Laterly, for few years, there are hater people want to kill Peter for saying about Jesus and God. They want to hang him up on cross like Jesus did. But Peter thought he wasn't ready. Not worth to be hang on the cross like Jesus. Peter insisted tell them to change upside cross and hang on there as he isn't being worthy.

What do I understand that there are many people still think that upside is offensed. However, not every cross in upside doesn't appear on every church but only for Pope allow to have upside cross.
If that's true, then why do the churches allow people to change the story. First, they say that satanism is when the cross is upside-down. Other times, they say it's normal. So, if I see a guy with an upside-down cross... what should I assume?

VamPyroX said:
If that's true, then why do the churches allow people to change the story. First, they say that satanism is when the cross is upside-down. Other times, they say it's normal. So, if I see a guy with an upside-down cross... what should I assume?

[bleep] amen.

These "churches" exist only because people "believe in them" and support them financially. If you take that away and say, "my relationship is with the Creator, I don't need a middle man", then "there is no need for you." Let's face it, the church is politics and a form of government. That all religions on our planet are forms of government, and they don't see any difference between government and politics (power-brokering), in their perspective. I mean, people used to have to pay priests in order to "assure their place in heaven". :nono:

LUNZ said:
These "churches" exist only because people "believe in them" and support them financially. If you take that away and say, "my relationship is with the Creator, I don't need a middle man", then "there is no need for you." Let's face it, the church is politics and a form of government. That all religions on our planet are forms of government, and they don't see any difference between government and politics (power-brokering), in their perspective. I mean, people used to have to pay priests in order to "assure their place in heaven". :nono:
:werd: When I was a kid, my paster would always be telling me that if I didn't donate money to the church, I probably wouldn't be getting into heaven! :fu2:

I was Told that your donation, whether it is your time or money goes to a good cause, uplifting our whole community. Or being used to buy food, clothing, and toys for poor families for Christmas. It Depends on providing for the various programs and activities of the Church...I do Donated money to the Church for what reason is based on.. If it is for the Children and the Poor for food, clothing or Christmas Gifts.. I have Donated Clothes, Toys, Cans Food and sometimes Cash but not too often.

Cheri said:
I was Told that your donation, whether it is your time or money goes to a good cause, uplifting our whole community. Or being used to buy food, clothing, and toys for poor families for Christmas. It Depends on providing for the various programs and activities of the Church...I do Donated money to the Church for what reason is based on.. If it is for the Children and the Poor for food, clothing or Christmas Gifts.. I have Donated Clothes, Toys, Cans Food and sometimes Cash but not too often.

Yeah, i have no problem with that. Speakin of other issues, like fear-god.

Fear God has been taken out of context. God is not asking you to be "Afraid" of him, he simply wants your Respect.

It's called "tithe" ... it belongs to God. If, no tithe to provide for, then, you are robbin' from God.

Hey LUNZ ... excuse me for off topic here lol Is that pic yours with cigar in your mouth ? Are you that man in that pic ?

Ginette said:
Fear God has been taken out of context. God is not asking you to be "Afraid" of him, he simply wants your Respect.

Create the hell is not respect. im just human being and im here to learnin for human experience.

CyberRed said:
Hey LUNZ ... excuse me for off topic here lol Is that pic yours with cigar in your mouth ? Are you that man in that pic ?

that's correct. that is my pix. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back