Deaf upset at Netflix for not captioning instant videos

Xspin, Bots was maybe saying it's not the movies that get delivered, but the movies you can watch on your computer that come from the NF website. You can have captioned movies from NF delivered. You can't watch captioned movies from the computer, those are "streaming" and not captioned. There are lots and lots of Deaf groups who are upset over this. Oh - and I have noted - we know when Her Royal Excellency, the Wonderful Bottesini is upset. *ha* Just kiddin' Bots! (ducking and laughing)

I'll bet you knew this about NF already, just clarifying a bit.

Besides I like deaf.tv and deaflix. I quit NF a while ago. I kept asking for ASL or deaf movies. They just refused to answer my emails. Sorta like Alltel ...

:P

Well, Thanks! I feel like a dick now because I don't pay for shit.
I download movies via torrent and simply find a subtitle (srt) file.
I know people have hangups about pirated films and what not but it's whatever IMO. If I like the movie, I do purchase the DVD. Let's be hones it's no different then downloading MP3's free of charge (which I use to do also).

Xspin, Bots was maybe saying it's not the movies that get delivered, but the movies you can watch on your computer that come from the NF website. You can have captioned movies from NF delivered. You can't watch captioned movies from the computer, those are "streaming" and not captioned. There are lots and lots of Deaf groups who are upset over this. Oh - and I have noted - we know when Her Royal Excellency, the Wonderful Bottesini is upset. *ha* Just kiddin' Bots! (ducking and laughing)

I'll bet you knew this about NF already, just clarifying a bit.

Besides I like deaf.tv and deaflix. I quit NF a while ago. I kept asking for ASL or deaf movies. They just refused to answer my emails. Sorta like Alltel ...

:P

HaHAHAHAHA Yes I noticed you teasing me! :wave:

I don't need the instant videos at the Netflix website, I just send/receive the DVD's in the mail... works fine to me. :)

There was already a thread about this.

But the movies you get in the mail are captioned. It is just the ones streamed over the internet to your computer that are not.

Not true at all Bottesini, I'm a member of NetFlix and had been a member for a year now and been getting movies by mail, there are some movies that are supposed to have closed caption or subtitles turns out that the movies did not appears to have closed caption or subtitles. There is nothing they can do about it, they even tried to re-send another movie, same title and exactly the same results I've got, no closed caption or subtitles. It sucks. :(

Not true at all Bottesini, I'm a member of NetFlix and had been a member for a year now and been getting movies by mail, there are some movies that are supposed to have closed caption or subtitles turns out that the movies did not appears to have closed caption or subtitles. There is nothing they can do about it, they even tried to re-send another movie, same title and exactly the same results I've got, no closed caption or subtitles. It sucks. :(

Interesting,. The only one I ever got without was one from England recommended to me that I actually bought from Amazon.

It was frustrating to say the least.

At least I know I will not join Netflix. Blockbuster is one block from my house so I always go in and get my movies. If I have any problems they are easily solved that way.

I don't think that is legal.

Torrents are not illegal. However, the contents you download or upload through torrents may be copyrighted materials. Therefore, it is an illegal activity.

You can use torrents for pretty much everything including public domains and open source materials which are perfectly legal.

I don't need the instant videos at the Netflix website, I just send/receive the DVD's in the mail... works fine to me. :)
Ditto.

With Blockbuster Online, I can check to see if the movie is subtitled or captioned. There were a few times in the past when I rented a DVD that wasn't subtitled or captioned, but there wasn't anything I could do since Blockbuster Online didn't have that feature yet. Now, they do. So, I haven't had problems since.

Sometimes, they will have multiple versions of one title and the oldest version may not be captioned/subtitled. That's what happened when I rented Time Bandits. This was almost 2 years ago.

Just because one isn't subtitled/captioned doesn't mean you should rent it again cuz it's likely that the next one won't be captioned or subtitled.

What movie was it?

Sometimes, they will have multiple versions of one title and the oldest version may not be captioned/subtitled. That's what happened when I rented Time Bandits. This was almost 2 years ago.

I have the newer edition of Time Bandits and it is captioned, even the special features. But yes, the original DVD release wasn't captioned at all.

Just because one isn't subtitled/captioned doesn't mean you should rent it again cuz it's likely that the next one won't be captioned or subtitled.

What movie was it?

"Between" and "Crystal River" I don't recalling to remembered the other last two titles of the movies that didn't appeared to have cc/or substitutes.

Most movies via Xbox live and PSN are not captioned/subtitled as Netflix is eventually goin to PSN someday...obviously it will have the same problem as Xbox live since they just don't care abt putting in subtitles or whatever cause they just want the money and nothing else. Fuck Netflix.

"Between" and "Crystal River" I don't recalling to remembered the other last two titles of the movies that didn't appeared to have cc/or substitutes.
According to Blockbuster Online, both of them are not subtitled or captioned.

I think it's because of the company that made those movies. It's common for independent movie companies to release straight-to-DVD movies without captions or subtitles.

According to Blockbuster Online, both of them are not subtitled or captioned.

I think it's because of the company that made those movies. It's common for independent movie companies to release straight-to-DVD movies without captions or subtitles.

Netflix Online Movie Rentals - Rent DVDs, Classic Films to DVD New Releases

The movie title "Between" did appears to say CC.

But, I double checked the movie title of "Crystal River" and it appears that the movie doesn't have CC/or English subtitles. I don't know why I selected that movie. :hmm:

Some sites give false info.
I always look around at multiple places or order from a company I trust like dvduniverse.com

i have problems with closed caption dues not on but i got on languages says "English" for deaf people but you can try for that..

i should against company for rightsful if who going watch theatres as CC without dues new owner i should sues! my mom says that because any theatre manager get new boss changes all the times and never know that!!

Go to real store now!

Don't copy your DVD ! That's real illegally download!

You must go to any stores. And you can find your DVD with Subtitle caption or Closed Caption.!

Back