Dating and Dining on a FIRST Date, do you....

The bill for dinner comes, who pays for it?

• The gentleman, always treat a lady right even if the date isn't great

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • The lady, who says everything gotta be traditional?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Split the check, no matter what the outcome of the date is.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • If the date goes sour, I just walk out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends on the person I'm dating at that point

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
Jiro, you're an intelligent guy and I respect you, but you really need to hang around more women.

but I don't meet girls thru online dating.

I find it silly and impersonal to spend a lot of time chatting with woman behind the screen I never met in person in hope of getting into her pants. I also find it distasteful to "chat" with several women at same time in hope of fishing out a date with one of them.

but hey... maybe I'm just an old-fashioned gentleman with old school taste like wearing a suit and gloves, one-eyepiece glass, pocket watch, and cane walking with a fine dame with our arms locked together and holding an umbrella.

Last edited:
...but hey... maybe I'm just an old-fashioned gentleman with old school taste like wearing a suit and gloves, one-eyepiece glass, pocket watch, and cane walking with a fine dame with our arms locked together and holding an umbrella.

Sorry, but you remind me of Mr. Peanut. :giggle:

I just changed the title of the thread so there wouldn't be anymore confusions, my apology everyone lol

Mostly dating couples can chose have nice dinner whatsoever going out like red lobster,Olive Garden,Chilis,Mexican,etc on restaurant prices low or high if boyfriend or husband can taking you as treat like as occasion for example valentine's day dinner you know that.

but I don't meet girls thru online dating.

I find it silly and impersonal to spend a lot of time chatting with woman behind the screen I never met in person in hope of getting into her pants. I also find it distasteful to "chat" with several women at same time in hope of fishing out a date with one of them.

but hey... maybe I'm just an old-fashioned gentleman with old school taste like wearing a suit and gloves, one-eyepiece glass, pocket watch, and cane walking with a fine dame with our arms locked together and holding an umbrella.

I don't know anything about your dating life but I have to say: Jiro, a lot of guys think this way, but the truth is the world doesn't work this way. Do you honestly believe women are not entertaining more than one suitor? You are a nice guy, but that's actually a problem. Women don't want nice guys they want real guys. You're not going to hurt a woman's feelings at every turn and even if you do, trust me, they can handle it.

If you don't communicate electronically, how do you communicate with women? Without online dating (or some forum of service), I don't see how a deaf person can manage it unless you are very good at lip reading and can handle the bars. Online dating is probably the best thing to happen to deaf people since sliced bread, IMO.

There is nothing deceitful about trying to make yourself happy.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about your dating life but I have to say: Jiro, a lot of guys think this way, but the truth is the world doesn't work this way. Do you honestly believe women are not entertaining more than one suitor? You are a nice guy, but that's actually a problem. Women don't want nice guys they want real guys. You're not going to hurt a woman's feelings at every turn and even if you do, trust me, they can handle it.
Ahem. Are you a woman? I am. I'm happily married to TCS, so no dating for me. However, before I met TCS, I did my share of dating. Also, I'm still a woman, and I can tell you right now that yes, I would want a nice guy. There is no way I'd get serious about someone with a bad reputation, or displays of rudeness, selfishness, prejudice, or drama.

I doubt that I would date someone with the attitude that women can "handle" the hurt feelings of rejection so that makes the guy's behavior OK.

If you don't communicate electronically, how do you communicate with women? Without online dating (or some forum of service), I don't see how a deaf person can manage it unless you are very good at lip reading and can handle the bars. Online dating is probably the best thing to happen to deaf people since sliced bread, IMO.

There is nothing deceitful about trying to make yourself happy.
You seem to think that bars and the internet are the only ways to meet potential dates. I'm hearing but I never dated anyone that I met in a bar or on the internet (which wasn't even invented when I was dating). People can meet at school, at work, at club events, at public events, thru political or charitable work, common friends, etc.

Mostly dating couples can chose have nice dinner whatsoever going out like red lobster,Olive Garden,Chilis,Mexican,etc on restaurant prices low or high if boyfriend or husband can taking you as treat like as occasion for example valentine's day dinner you know that.
To be honest, I'd rather NOT go to a chain restaurant for a first date. Also, I would prefer something fairly casual for a first date so that there is less pressure. A small restaurant that serves ethnic food, a deli, or a seafood restaurant with a water view is more interesting to me. It also shows me that the guy is willing to try new things.

There's nothing wrong with those other restaurants but they don't impress me for first date choices.

Just my personal opinion. :)

I doubt that I would date someone with the attitude that women can "handle" the hurt feelings of rejection so that makes the guy's behavior OK.

So, you would prefer a man who never makes a sexual move, never tells you the truth, never forces an emotional confrontation to resolve issues? Wanting that nice guy and having him are two different things.

And, the truth is, nice guys hurt women the most because they don't see the breakup coming.

Do you actually think bad boys make out better because of their intelligence?

It has nothing to do with being cruel.

I'm sorry, I just don't buy it.

So, you would prefer a man who never makes a sexual move, never tells you the truth, never forces an emotional confrontation to resolve issues? Wanting that nice guy and having him are two different things.

And, the truth is, nice guys hurt women the most because they don't see the breakup coming.

This post is incredibly off-putting. You didn't say anything offensive, but if I were looking around for a date, this post would be like

audit-red-flags-intro.jpg

Well, I most certainly did not meet my wife through online dating nor at a bar. Anyway, a bar is often the worst place to seek a relationship with someone. At least in my honest opinion.

i will read the rest of this thread later. I remember i used to be a single gal. I always bring $$ in my purse in case. Any time guys ask me to go out, i alwasy bring $$ with me. indeed, some of them guys did say , " i want to take you out and it's my treat". By the time, dinner is over, i still took my wallet out of my purse. The guys always say to me, " take your wallet away and let me pay because i asked you out thereofore its my treats."
sometimes i put $$ for the tips that they let me pay the tip only.

I have no experience that guy make me to pay for it. nope.

nowaday I dunno!

That's the reason you can.
I have deaf friends who met their deaf spouses NOT at bars or online, so I know it happens. They met thru the other ways that I listed.

Deaf singles aren't restricted to bars and the internet for finding dates.

This post is incredibly off-putting. You didn't say anything offensive, but if I were looking around for a date, this post would be like

audit-red-flags-intro.jpg

Perhaps Daredevil, but you don't strike me as the type of woman who would want that in a guy(given that you have a picture of yourself holding up a fish). Are you saying that a guy who treats you like some breakable egg is what you want in a man? If the guy cries while paying the bill, would that be a green flag?

all i can say is, "have faith, have confidence in yourself and be loose" then any gals will love you for who you are. :)

Is that your definition of a nice guy? Maybe that's part of the problem.

Is that your experience? I'm sorry.

Huh? I never said anything like that. You must be confused with someone else's post.

I still don't know what you're talking about.

That's your prerogative.

Well, I most certainly did not meet my wife through online dating nor at a bar. Anyway, a bar is often the worst place to seek a relationship with someone. At least in my honest opinion.

One night stand perhaps.. :P

Back