Dating and Dining on a FIRST Date, do you....

The bill for dinner comes, who pays for it?

• The gentleman, always treat a lady right even if the date isn't great

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • The lady, who says everything gotta be traditional?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Split the check, no matter what the outcome of the date is.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • If the date goes sour, I just walk out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends on the person I'm dating at that point

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
VG, you sound like you really need to fish in a different pond, or change what type you are fishing for. So sad that you cannot seem to find decent women - when there are so many out there.

mbrek, you've got it wrong, I'm giving advice not asking for it. If people don't want to deal with the reality of what life is like, there's nothing I can do about it. I wish life was like that, but it just isn't.

As deaf people, we have to fight a little harder, be a little smarter than everyone else. Fortunately, we're up to the task. Just sayin...

P.S. There's "Plenty of Fish" if you know what I mean...

I used to be interested in getting married and starting a family. Now that I'm older and I know I'm never going to have children marriage is not a central goal anymore. I'm looking for a serious monogamous relationship, but I'm not looking for marriage.

For first 32 years of my life, I would not find anyone who wanted to marry me. In the last 3 years, I had 3 women wanting me to get them a ring. Yeah, I'm 34 now. 34 is late. I know I'm not 25, but I do eventually want to get married. Yeah, it would be nice to get married, but don't rush it.

For first 32 years of my life, I would not find anyone who wanted to marry me. In the last 3 years, I had 3 women wanting me to get them a ring. Yeah, I'm 34 now. 34 is late. I know I'm not 25, but I do eventually want to get married. Yeah, it would be nice to get married, but don't rush it.

In that age range, I had a lot of dates between 37 and 42, because the biological clock is ticking, I can relate. I had a steady girlfriend for some of those years, but it didn't turn into marriage.

I think you should use that time wisely and you shouldn't let it pass you by, IMO.

In that age range, I had a lot of dates between 37 and 42, because the biological clock is ticking, I can relate. I had a steady girlfriend for some of those years, but it didn't turn into marriage.

I think you should use that time wisely and you shouldn't let it pass you by, IMO.

I have a friend of mine who is 37. He has a fiancee who is 23. just because a person is over 35 does not mean they have to date a person who is over 35.

My girlfriend is under 30.

Enjoy the grand life :).

My impression was you were impressed and in agreement with dereksbicycle that younger women, especially under 30 is preferable.

My impression was you were impressed and in agreement with dereksbicycle that younger women, especially under 30 is preferable.

My opinion is that any intelligent, articulate and beautiful women(much like yourself) would be preferable.

You got a problem with that? :cool2:

I have a friend of mine who is 37. He has a fiancee who is 23. just because a person is over 35 does not mean they have to date a person who is over 35.

My girlfriend is under 30.

Enjoy the grand life :).

Mine too. :thumb:

To me its simple, let everyone do what they were taught, do what they think is right in a date.. personally if I took a girl out, it would be because there was something worth investing my time with and worth taking out to get to know each other, be it to be with or to be friends with? Doesn't matter its a date and should feel special. Id prefer to pay and shower her with attention and see if there is a connection. If there is no amount of $$ can pay for it.
if ur just out to screw around of course ur worried about who's paying cuz its a cheap thrill. :hmm:

Dude, getting married isn't hard. Staying married is!

go reading KALISTA thread "emphasize on the relationship" watch vlog about 7 good qualities relationship. if have all that 7 qualities, then not hard stay marry. not all couple have difficult time for stay marry if they understand each other, good communicate, mutual respecting, trust, honest, etc. if with right person you love, then not impossible marriage last lifetime. yes true divorce rate increase, but i did witness many marriage is success.

Regardless of whether you think you are not competing, you are. You think that job you go for is just for you? You think people don't have a choice to choose you or someone else? That's amazing.

I had to compete with a good friend of mine to win my hubby over. I won. :lol:

The basics when you go on a dinner date are:

* Take a shower, brush your teeth, put on fresh clothing.

* Make sure you bring enough money or have an adequate card balance to cover the evening's expenses.

* Show up on time.

* Be polite.

* NO TEXTING DURING THE DATE.

* Show interest in your date (without being stalker weird).

* Relax. If she wasn't at least somewhat interested in you, she wouldn't have said yes to the date in the first place.

* Do not go to an all-you-can-eat buffet unless she suggested it.

* Go to a sports bar only if a team you both strongly support is playing that night; otherwise, the games are too distracting.

* If you're driving the date, clean out the trash from your car and make sure there are no sticky places.

* Don't whine about old girlfriends.

WOOOT REBA!!! Way to go!

mbrek, you've got it wrong, I'm giving advice not asking for it. If people don't want to deal with the reality of what life is like, there's nothing I can do about it. I wish life was like that, but it just isn't.

As deaf people, we have to fight a little harder, be a little smarter than everyone else. Fortunately, we're up to the task. Just sayin...

wow..I thank my lucky stars that I am married and dont have to deal with allof that right now. WheW!

Trophy wives. Big boobs and small waist. Yep. :lol:

Really awkward true first date:

A guy I met online asked me to meet out for coffee after work one Friday. (because after a hard, long week, coffee is what I really want). We met at a sandwich/soup/coffee kind of place. It was 5pm. When he came in, he said he was hungry and was going to order food. I said yeah. We got to the line and he actually ended up closer to the register, so he ordered first, coffee and a sandwich.

Then he turned to me and asked if I wanted some coffee.

Now, it was a first meeting, Internet thing, so had he just paid for himself it would have been a little in-generous since he invited me, but fine. However by asking me if I wanted some COFFEE, it sort of prevented me from being able to order dinner. I mean, he only offered me coffee. I couldn't accept that, then gracefully order a sandwich on my own tab, could I? That was kind of awkward. He turned out to be kind of a dork anyhow (and not in a good way) so our first date was also our last.

Eew. At least you found out what a dork he was for just the price of a cup of coffee! A lot of women don't find out until way further down the line.

Internet dating wasn't around back in the day when I was dating, back in the Dark Ages and all.

It does seem a little different, for sure. If you had agreed to meet for coffee, it wouldn't surprise me that each person would expect to pay their own, since it's more of a "meeting" than a "date," as such. But I would always think it would be nice for the guy, who after all was the one who asked for the get-together - to pick up the check, especially for such a minor expense as coffee or even - big spender! - coffee and a sandwich.

My first post now. Well, I do not like splitting bills when it comes to food (restaurant, cafe or gelato bar).

1. So my rule of thumb is quite simple: If I invite a girl out, then I will always pay. When it comes to my mates, we have this unwritten rule where we try to alternate who pays the "full" bill.

2. For anything non-restaurant (theater, paintball, lounge, etc) : if I invite - I pay, if she invites - we go Dutch (even for movies...).

Back