Damn you George W. Bush and the Wall Street fatcats

All I was saying that the janitor is not really a "laid off proof". I was janitor and got laid off.

well nothing's 100% but there's "majority." Majority of jobs like doctors, lawyers, funeral directors, janitors, etc are fine. of course.... there are some who didn't make it thru.

what happened to you doesn't mean it happened to majority of janitors.

Sorry, still disagree.. I was laid off..

Recession and regular lay off is different.

Recession is means economic crisis and decline of GDP.

You got laid off that's not in recession.

Actually, people can be laid off in recessions or when a company is not doing well.

I've been laid off before but I was not a janitor at the time. I've worked 4 straight years as a janitor at two different companies.

well nothing's 100% but there's "majority." Majority of jobs like doctors, lawyers, funeral directors, janitors, etc are fine. of course.... there are some who didn't make it thru.

what happened to you doesn't mean it happened to majority of janitors.

I was certifacted janitor with over 1 year experience, plus about 3 to 4 months training, I worked at the public schools.

Recession and regular lay off is different.

Recession is means economic crisis and decline of GDP.

You got laid off that's not in recession.

The recession could affect more people to get laid off.

Actually, people can be laid off in recessions or when a company is not doing well.

I've been laid off before but I was not a janitor at the time. I've worked 4 straight years as a janitor at two different companies.

Yeah, that's right.. You are lucky to keep your job :)

I am sorry but I have to disagree with this. I was a janitor and got laid off because the school district doesn't want us anymore and prefer to have their own janitors. I tired to work for the school district, but they told me no just because I don't have enough experience to meet their needs.

I want to ask something - were you "laid off" or fired because it's 2 big different things?

"Laid off" is directly caused by company's downsizing/poor financial status (which is also related to economic recession). but you said the school district doesn't want you anymore and prefer to use their own janitors.... which probably means your service is no longer needed by them.... which means you were simply "fired" so I don't think your case was due to economic recession. But I'll wait for your clarification.

I want to ask something - were you "laid off" or fired because it's 2 big different things?

"Laid off" is directly caused by company's downsizing/poor financial status (which is also related to economic recession). but you said the school district doesn't want you anymore and prefer to use their own janitors.... which probably means your service is no longer needed by them.... which means you were simply "fired" so I don't think your case was due to economic recession. But I'll wait for your clarification.

I am sorry for misunderstand by what I said, I work for PHC which they train me to get the cerficate and send me to do the janitor works at the schools, but someday they decide to hire their own janitors instead of the PHC.

I am sorry for misunderstand by what I said, I work for PHC which they train me to get the cerficate and send me to do the janitor works at the schools, but someday they decide to hire their own janitors instead of the PHC.

ah thanks for clarification. I figured you were "3rd party" based on what you said before. Well then - no your case was not caused by recession. Your service was simply not needed by school district.... not laid off.

ah thanks for clarification. I figured you were "3rd party" based on what you said before. Well then - no your case was not caused by recession. Your service was simply not needed by school district.... not laid off.

Well I don't really know if it was because of the recession or not, I still don't know why the school doesn't want us to clean their schools anymore.

Well I don't really know if it was because of the recession or not, I still don't know why the school doesn't want us to clean their schools anymore.

yea you're right. maybe they are pinching their penny.. which lead to terminating their contract with PHC. or maybe they found better service. who knows? I guess the only way to find out is to ask your manager.

since you don't know the cause for sure.... then you cannot say that the janitor jobs are not recession-proof :hmm:

yea you're right. maybe they are pinching their penny.. which lead to terminating their contract with PHC. or maybe they found better service. who knows? I guess the only way to find out is to ask your manager.

since you don't know the cause for sure.... then you cannot say that the janitor jobs are not recession-proof :hmm:

Nor if it was a recession-proof.. :dunno:

I was certifacted janitor with over 1 year experience, plus about 3 to 4 months training, I worked at the public schools.

The recession could affect more people to get laid off.

Your disagreement has nothing with Byrdie's post since he was mentioned about recession.

When you got laid off, recession were started in Dec 2007 and if prior to that then you just laid off during non-recession era, there's more reasons than just for recession.

however - notice the distinction.... you were NOT laid off by school district.... because you are not employed by the school district as their employee. You are the employee of PHC and if you still are - then you were not laid off.

Your disagreement has nothing with Byrdie's post since he was mentioned about recession.

When you got laid off, recession were started in Dec 2007 and if prior to that then you just laid off during non-recession era, there's more reasons than just for recession.

however - notice the distinction.... you were NOT laid off by school district.... because you are not employed by the school district as their employee. You are the employee of PHC and if you still are - then you were not laid off.

You two need to take a look at this situation very careful. There are some of possible reason from the recession in this situation, but I would pick one that I get the feelings the most.

Maybe the school couldn't afford to pay the PHC so they hire more cheap to pay janitors. Once that happened, the PHC don't earn enough to keep me under them because the schools aren't buying us.

You two need to take a look at this situation very careful. There are some of possible reason from the recession in this situation, but I would pick one that I get the feelings the most.

Maybe the school couldn't afford to pay the PHC so they hire more cheap to pay janitors. Once that happened, the PHC don't earn enough to keep me under them because the schools aren't buying us.

When you got laid off?

Back