Damn you George W. Bush and the Wall Street fatcats

Mid-2007.

then it's not part of recession.

It has with between school district and PHC.

When PHC don't need more employees then they could lay off when recession isn't on purpose.

then it's not part of recession.

It has with between school district and PHC.

When PHC don't need more employees then they could lay off when recession isn't on purpose.

I yet known the reason why PHC laid me off.

People who still want to claim it's not our fault clearly need a rude awakening. Whatever happened to reality and understanding that we are responsible for ourselves? There will always be inflation regardless of how well the economy is doing. If a person or family is not planning for additional expenses next year due to inflation (often raises at jobs do NOT equal the inflation ratio) then that's the fault of everyone else? I think not. It is not all about the loans people took for housing and autos, and incurring credit card debt. It is about each person financially planning for the future and the "unknown" whether it be replacing or repairing a vehicle, house repairs that are unexpected, and SO MANY other scenarios. I could write paragraphs outlining many scenarios in which people need money and incur unexpected debt (and many of you have experienced) but I won't waste the space here -- the bottom line is, if you are in a job, or in a financial situation, living in too-expensive-for-your-means-housing, etc., that simply eats away at your savings or doesn't allow you to make way for savings, then YOU, yes, YOU, need to change something that makes things work. Good grief ...

People who still want to claim it's not our fault clearly need a rude awakening. Whatever happened to reality and understanding that we are responsible for ourselves? There will always be inflation regardless of how well the economy is doing. If a person or family is not planning for additional expenses next year due to inflation (often raises at jobs do NOT equal the inflation ratio) then that's the fault of everyone else? I think not. It is not all about the loans people took for housing and autos, and incurring credit card debt. It is about each person financially planning for the future and the "unknown" whether it be replacing or repairing a vehicle, house repairs that are unexpected, and SO MANY other scenarios. I could write paragraphs outlining many scenarios in which people need money and incur unexpected debt (and many of you have experienced) but I won't waste the space here -- the bottom line is, if you are in a job, or in a financial situation, living in too-expensive-for-your-means-housing, etc., that simply eats away at your savings or doesn't allow you to make way for savings, then YOU, yes, YOU, need to change something that makes things work. Good grief ...

Well, excuse me...I lived in the ghettos where I witnessed a man pull a gun at a car full of young men while my son was in my truck so we can save money since any apts or housing in better neighborhoods were costly here in MD. We moved out cuz the crime was very high and it was no place to raise a family so we bought an 85 year old house because it was all we could afford. I couldnt get a brand new home cuz they were going at half a million here in MD. Most nice apts with 3 bedrooms are averaging $1500 a month and anything lower than that were either too far which would have costed us just as much for gas (when gas was expensive) or in dangerous neighborhoods.

U really have no idea what u are talking about here by saying that everyone is personally responsible for themselves and what many people are at fault for how they r suffering. I am sure there are a few who have lived well above their means but there are many who did everything right until everything came crashing down. What about single moms struggling to make ends means..are they at fault for diapers, formulas, daycares, and etch being so expenisve? What about those who fall ill and their medical bils spin out of control and they lose everything? What about the family who saved and they lose their jobs and try to find jobs only that there r none and their savings run out? What about families like mine who have jobs but got a HUGE tax cut cuz we earn in a certain tax bracket leaving us barely enough for our bils, food, commute costs, daycare and etc leaving us no way to save for the future??

Good grief!

Last edited:
I yet known the reason why PHC laid me off.

I think I understand your point. It is very similar to maid employees that I know someone who worked for a couple of months. She was so feed up with the company with a low paid salary. She had to quit her job, and she found out that her four maid-friends were laid off in a few weeks later. That was in the spring. I am sure that something not right about your former boss at PHC. He probably wanted to gain his profit himself.

Well, excuse me...I lived in the ghettos where I witnessed a man pull a gun at a car full of young men while my son was in my truck so we can save money since any apts or housing in better neighborhoods were costly here in MD. We moved out cuz the crime was very high and it was no place to raise a family so we bought an 85 year old house because it was all we could afford. I couldnt get a brand new home cuz they were going at half a million here in MD. Most nice apts with 3 bedrooms are averaging $1500 a month and anything lower than that were either too far which would have costed us just as much for gas (when gas was expensive) or in dangerous neighborhoods.

U really have no idea what u are talking about here by saying that everyone is personally responsible for themselves and what many people are at fault for how they r suffering. I am sure there are a few who have lived well above their means but there are many who did everything right until everything came crashing down. What about single moms struggling to make ends means..are they at fault for diapers, formulas, daycares, and etch being so expenisve? What about those who fall ill and their medical bils spin out of control and they lose everything? What about the family who saved and they lose their jobs and try to find jobs only that there r none and their savings run out? What about families like mine who have jobs but got a HUGE tax cut cuz we earn in a certain tax bracket leaving us barely enough for our bils, food, commute costs, daycare and etc leaving us no way to save for the future??

Good grief!

OMG. I was NOT singling you out. I was speaking generally. I empathized with the OP for losing her job and having a difficult time at Christmas. Yet this thread has turned into a "Blame Bush for this, blame Bush for that, blame our government for this, blame our government for that," and so on. If you want to find someone to blame other than yourself, be my guest. Nobody said you had to stick with the same job or not search for a second job that would help make ends meet better, and so on. I don't know your financial situation in depth other than what you said -- I'm not pointing fingers at you specifically -- but I am saying as a rational adult, you make whatever decisions you make for yourself and you must take responsibility for that.

I was in a horrible financial situation myself not all that long ago and it was a RUDE, VERY, VERY RUDE awakening for me. I learned how to plan better for the future, plan for the unexpected. I even got divorced in the meantime and AM still doing okay for myself. I make priorities and follow them. Your sentence "U really have no idea what u are talking about here by saying that everyone is personally responsible for themselves and what many people are at fault for how they r suffering" is uncalled for - do YOU know what I have suffered through? Do you know whether I am a single mom trying to pay for diapers and daycare and so on? Do you know what my bills, gas expenditures, and food cost? No, you don't. Shut your mouth.

OMG. I was NOT singling you out. I was speaking generally. I empathized with the OP for losing her job and having a difficult time at Christmas. Yet this thread has turned into a "Blame Bush for this, blame Bush for that, blame our government for this, blame our government for that," and so on. If you want to find someone to blame other than yourself, be my guest. Nobody said you had to stick with the same job or not search for a second job that would help make ends meet better, and so on. I don't know your financial situation in depth other than what you said -- I'm not pointing fingers at you specifically -- but I am saying as a rational adult, you make whatever decisions you make for yourself and you must take responsibility for that.

I was in a horrible financial situation myself not all that long ago and it was a RUDE, VERY, VERY RUDE awakening for me. I learned how to plan better for the future, plan for the unexpected. I even got divorced in the meantime and AM still doing okay for myself. I make priorities and follow them. Your sentence "U really have no idea what u are talking about here by saying that everyone is personally responsible for themselves and what many people are at fault for how they r suffering" is uncalled for - do YOU know what I have suffered through? Do you know whether I am a single mom trying to pay for diapers and daycare and so on? Do you know what my bills, gas expenditures, and food cost? No, you don't. Shut your mouth.

Whatever Alleycat...whatever you say.

That's not nice thing to say. :roll:

Remember, it's not allowed to say like that in AD.

Whatever Alleycat...whatever you say.

Okay, in the past you've accused me of making statements that are uncalled for. Now this time it's the reverse by you making generalized determinations about MY financial status and all you can say is "whatever ... whatever you say." MY POINT EXACTLY. Per your own statements about your circumstances, you want to blame your financial situation on everyone else. How sad. Enough said.

That's not nice thing to say. :roll:

Remember, it's not allowed to say like that in AD.

No, she flat out accused me of not knowing what I'm talking about when it comes to dire financial situations. I've been there and done that. I just said so in my previous few posts. If you want to point out something that is "not a nice thing to say", then she can't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

Okay, in the past you've accused me of making statements that are uncalled for. Now this time it's the reverse by you making generalized determinations about MY financial status and all you can say is "whatever ... whatever you say." MY POINT EXACTLY. Per your own statements about your circumstances, you want to blame your financial situation on everyone else. How sad. Enough said.

My post was referring to you telling me to shut my mouth so sure whatever you say. If u dont want to clear this up, which I am willing to do but since u told me to shut my mouth, then fine I will.

My post was referring to you telling me to shut my mouth so sure whatever you say. If u dont want to clear this up, which I am willing to do but since u told me to shut my mouth, then fine I will.

Oh, I've made my position quite clear. The same as some others in this thread when we've talked about taking personal responsibility. If people choose to still blame everyone else for their financial problems and start attacking the rest of us us for supposedly "not knowing what it's like" when these same accusers don't know what our own financial situation is like, then it's time to stop. I, and others, never referred to anyone specifically, just about general financial responsibility. Yet, you chose to single me out in your post about me not knowing what it's like. And you were dead wrong.

Now, now Ladies--remember...."Tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la. Deck the halls with boughs of holly, fa la la la la la....."

I guess, people lost their faith. It's from the bottom to the upper where the wealthiest people are. We should blame them, shouldn't we ? :hmm:

My first suspicious was Bilderberg Group.

I guess, people lost their faith. It's from the bottom to the upper where the wealthiest people are. We should blame them, shouldn't we ? :hmm:

My first suspicious was Bilderberg Group.

Oh really? And it never occurred to you that the Bush administration has had their hands in the honey pot all along?

Now, now Ladies--remember...."Tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la. Deck the halls with boughs of holly, fa la la la la la....."

Trust you to bring some humor back in :) Fa La La La La .. now if only I could remember how the rest of the song goes! :) Time to go do my xmas wrapping.

Back