Cat Bite

I hope ya get well, Jeepgirl.

I have been bitten by very few cats years ago, I always make sure wash my hands with soapy hot water after handing cats. I haven't even had a infected wound from cat's bites.

I'm not surprised when it happened in somewhere else. Yeah, washing hands may be helpful but it's not always. I used a kit aid bands if necessary and I never got open-wounds before, still I wary. :)

not only its from rabies. its a bacterial that the cats have in the saliva. most of you are right about washing your hands with hot water and soap.. that's the best way to do it. However, not everybody gets lucky. this is my 2nd cat bite and the first one wasn't so bad but went and got the shots and antibiotics anyway. the 2nd one was worse.. it bit thru the bone on my finger. That's what hurts the most. however... usually when a cat is playing and biting ( in a happy way) it doesn't usually get that bad. when the cat is very upset , it gets very defensive.. that's when the bite gets deeper.

but good for ya'll to wash with hot water and soap.. some of ya'll are lucky to not get sick from it.

Just so you all know, if anytime you get bit by a cat (mean or nice) and you have an open wound, SEEK A DOCTOR!

The first time I got bit was on my right wrist and I went straight to the doctor and got shots. It healed pretty quickly. That was 2 years ago.

Last friday I got bit again on my left 4th finger and I ignored the treatment and the next day I got sick and had a really bad headache. Went to the e.r. to find that I have a bad infection in my bone. That really sucked! especially I'm a left hander. This happened last friday and today is Monday and I'm still not feeling well.

Just an advice, If anytime you get bit by a cat, don't ignore it. go to the doctor for antibiotics to prevent from getting any infection. I've learned my lessons.

This is common sense for ANY animals that bite you.

I am glad you're better.

My friend got cat bitten on her face few months ago and I had to take her to the E.R -- damn these cats!

I had a best friend who had her face and knee bitten by a dog and taken to the hospital.

I had a cousin who was bitten on the leg and taken to the hospital.

My cousin's son was bitten in the face and taken to the hospital. She was worried if the dog had rabbies shots or not.

Dogs have the same risk as all animals even wild racoons.

Ugh! Cats don't scratch or bite me much, they don't dare to.

However, one time I was pregnant, and we had a hurricane coming through so my guy's cat was indoors. I was moving his cat when he hooked the corner of my mouth with his claws. MAN, it hurt like HELL! My guy blew up at the cat, and threw him outside into the hurricane force winds because of my condition. He was so MAD. He loves cats but no excuses when the cat acted up like that for no reason.

Oh yea, it was fun not doing the litter box during the pregnancy because the cats moved outdoors for good. I wouldn't let the cats stay in the house with the babies. Hell NO

We got a great cat after both kids were born, but something kept him from coming home. We kept him indoors but he loved being outdoors......:aw:

If the cat was a dog, would your guy have thrown the dog into the hurricane wind?

i would agree with post!

cat always bite at you all the times where you hurt

i never have bite cat before and im no longer owner of cats because of freak landlord's rules says no PETS! im really bad! next time i will have my own rules and i dont wanted landlord! when im moves from Cabot,Ar to North Little Rock,Ar and im miss cat i would sue the landlord!

It is actually the landlord's decision cause the house is owned by the landlord and it is uo to the landlord to decide.

It is actually the landlord's decision cause the house is owned by the landlord and it is uo to the landlord to decide.

Correct, I am myself a landlord and I only allow my roommates to have pets if they have my permission.

:-o bad cat! <angrily waving my roll of newspaper>

^^ :rofl:

*dog runs towards to me*

GRRR -- "Bad dog!" "Sit!" "scrat!"

Read an article in an Australian paper a few weeks ago about a pet owner who had to have her toes amputated due to an infection caused by her cat licking an open wound. If I can find the article, I will post it.

If the cat was a dog, would your guy have thrown the dog into the hurricane wind?

Our dogs too big to be thrown, and no, I wouldn't let him. He probably wouldn't either because the dogs behave ALOT better than The Cat (its name). Things got better with The Cat after he became an outside cat, especially here in North Port. He was excellent the last few years then disappeared.

My guy normally does not get that upset with his cat like this but there were blood everywhere from my mouth. He totally flipped---given the fact I'm 7 months pregnant at the time. The cat actually got stuck to my mouth when one of his claws got hooked into my skin. So he freaked, then my guy freaked. Of course I freaked but barely pulled the cat off my mouth with my other hand before the cat got grabbed and thrown out the door. He was that mad.

I understand, but I still feel it's not nice in my point of view. I understand you feel differently. I'd have locked him in a room instead especially in a hurricane. My aunt had a female cat who scratched me out of nothing twice, but I never abused her or threw her out or threw things at her. The cat scratched me with blood pouring twice and swells. I know how it hurts. My aunt once told me to kick her or throw her a shoe, but I knew that was wrong. I think my aunt kicking the cat turns the cat into defense mode. She just never clipped the cat's nails, so they were extremely long. That's just my opinion whether cat or dog. Maybe the cat was nervous sensing changes in the weather that humans can't.

I was curious if your cat was neutered or spayed. Sometimes neutering or spaying cats helps them behave bettern and keep them from disappearing or wanting to go out.

I was curious if the cat from the original girl who posted was vaccinated. I know people who don't take them for yearly vaccinations and check ups. My aunt's cat wasn't.

That is gross about licking wounds!

Same here. I have brown tabby and she bit and scratches me sometime from playing (she like me to play rough). I washed scratches and bites with soap and water and rinse it off. Didn't get infection. Sometime I have deep scratch, I use Neosporin and rub on the cuts and bite which was deep. No infection either.

Catty
That's what I do.

I always clean up after myself, no matter what happens.

If I eat at a restaurant where I use my hands to eat (pizza, hamburger, ribs, wings, etc), I always wash my hands afterwards.

If I scrape or cut myself, I wash up.

If I get bitten or a pet slobbered all over me (or licks me), I'll clean up after myself. (No, I don't do it immediately... just after I'm done with the pets.)

I know people who scraped their arms and ignored it all day only to see it get worse before they go to bed. Eek!

Thanks for the post JeepGirl I hope you feel better.

Back