Cat Bite

JeepGirl,

The time flies so fast. How are you feeling? No pain or no infection?
I hope that you took the antibiotic pills. (just to be safe.)

... why my post has been deleted? or did anyone saw my post from yesterday?

thank you for reading my post but you have not answered one of my questions. sometimes my pager didn't posted when clicked but I was more sure I had it up.

JeepGirl,

The time flies so fast. How are you feeling? No pain or no infection?
I hope that you took the antibiotic pills. (just to be safe.)
the bite wound is better now, the swell has gone down some, however.. the bone in my finger is still very sore. and Yes i'm still taking the antibiotics ;) mentally and physically i'm much better.

maybe its common sense for you.. but there are people out there that tend to ignore the injure.. thanks

I am sorry, but I feel you make it sound like cat bites are the most dangerous thing you have discovered....thanks.

If you get bitten of scratched by a cat, you need to let it bleed. Your blood will help cleanse the wound and prevent infection. Many people make the mistake of simply going to the bathroom and running water over it then treating with neosporin and bandaid. I"ve had many cats in my life and am a cat person. But this is a fact, as well.

Sorry about your finder, though, JeepGrl

I am sorry, but I feel you make it sound like cat bites are the most dangerous thing you have discovered....thanks.
didn't finish my other post.. however, i don't think its the most dangerous thing i've discovered.. its fact that it happened and I just created a thread just to hear people out. its not that of a big deal anyways.

Yeah, I heard ya that it was making you sick.

That's not the point. You sounded like cats are dangerous, but so are dogs...thanks.

Thank god my cat doesn't bite.

I have met a woman who got bitten on her thumb joint and was in and out of hospital many times to have the joint flushed out! She's now better, her thumb is almost back to normal and that was 1 year ago! If she had left it any longer, the amputation would have been considered so she is very lucky.

When you get bitten let the blood flow (even squeeze some out) for bit then clean it really well with antiseptic wipes/solution or salt water. If you get fever, pain in the area of bite, or if the bite went to the bone/joint seek medical advice straight away.

Thank god my cat doesn't bite.

I have met a woman who got bitten on her thumb joint and was in and out of hospital many times to have the joint flushed out! She's now better, her thumb is almost back to normal and that was 1 year ago! If she had left it any longer, the amputation would have been considered so she is very lucky.

When you get bitten let the blood flow (even squeeze some out) for bit then clean it really well with antiseptic wipes/solution or salt water. If you get fever, pain in the area of bite, or if the bite went to the bone/joint seek medical advice straight away.
exactly my point.. thanks for the explaination. that's what my point is in here just to give advice and hear other people's advices as well.

Sometimes, it is nice to have a cat in your home. Your cat is one of the tools. Here is the picture.

sillyjoke.jpg

a few years ago my deaf cat bit me hard on my hand (my dog scared cat and cat bit me cause I was holding cat). Was open wound, it bled, first time I was really bit hard by a cat and didn't know cat bites could be dangerous. But I didn't go to the doctor. It just bled for a bit, then I cleaned it up and wrapped it. Hurt for a few days but got better on its own. The bite scars are gone now. Then a few weeks later, deaf cat bit me again cause of dog scaring her, but it was on my leg and her teeth couldn't get through my jeans.

Back