Brokeback Mountain Star Heath Ledger Found Dead

Yes I noticed and that shown me she does NOT repect any members' questions regards to her posts. Also one member was right that she has enjoying doing keeping post-whore no matter what.

Guess, she ignored...

First time I've came on this thread. I'm so shock to hear about Heath, He was a fine actor. :( I gonna miss him.

Update!

Ledger's death caused by accidental overdose - CNN.com

Heath Ledger died from an accidental overdose of prescription medications including painkillers, anti-anxiety drugs and sleeping pills, the New York City medical examiner's office said Tuesday.
Ledger

Actor Heath Ledger, 28, died January 22 at an apartment in Lower Manhattan.

"Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine," the office said in a short statement.

"We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescription medications."

Hydrocodone and oxycodone are painkillers. Diazepam is an anti-anxiety drug commonly sold under the brand name Valium; alprazolam is also an anti-anxiety drug, sold under such names as Xanax. Temazepam, sold under such names as Restoril and Euhypnos, is a sleeping agent, as is doxylamine.

Ledger died January 22 at an apartment in Lower Manhattan. The Oscar-nominated Australian actor, best known for his role as a stoic, closeted cowboy in the 2005 film "Brokeback Mountain," was 28.

An autopsy done on the actor January 23 was inconclusive.

In a statement released through Ledger's publicist, Ledger's father, Kim, said Wednesday: "While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy. Heath's accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage."
Don't Miss

* Ledger's hometown mourns its biggest star
* Michelle Williams breaks silence on Ledger's death
* Hollywood muscle quashes Ledger video airing

"Families rarely experience the uplifting, warm and massive outpouring of grief and support as have we, from every corner of the planet," his family added in the statement. "This has deeply and profoundly touched our hearts and lives. We are eternally grateful."

Ledger's family returned to Perth, Australia, Tuesday for the actor's funeral, according to The Associated Press. Arrangements were private.

Ledger had talked about his difficulty sleeping after back-to-back roles as a Bob Dylan persona in "I'm Not There" and the Joker in "The Dark Knight," the latter of which is due out this summer.

"Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night," Ledger told The New York Times in November. "I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going."

In the hours leading up to Ledger's death two weeks ago, a housekeeper, identified as Teresa Solomon, arrived at the apartment about 12:30 p.m., a police source with knowledge of the investigation said.

She saw Ledger lying on a bed face down with a sheet pulled up around his shoulders and heard him snoring, the source said.

Masseuse Diana Wolozin arrived at the apartment about 2:45 p.m. to give Ledger a massage, according to the police source. About 15 minutes later, when he had not come out of the bedroom and the door remained closed, she went in, saw him lying in bed and set up a massage table.

She shook Ledger, but he did not respond, so she used his cell phone to call actress Mary-Kate Olsen, a friend of Ledger's, in California, the source said.

Wolozin told Olsen that Ledger was unconscious, according to the police source.

Olsen reportedly told her that she would call private security people in New York.

At 3:26 p.m., Wolozin called 911 and told authorities Ledger was not breathing. While on the phone with dispatchers, Wolozin tried to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation on Ledger, but he was unresponsive.

Emergency personnel arrived seven minutes later, according to the police source, at about the same time as a private security person summoned by Olsen.

The medical technicians performed CPR on Ledger and used a cardiac defibrillator, but their efforts were in vain and he was pronounced dead at 3:36 p.m. By then, two other private security people summoned by Olsen had arrived as well as police.

His former fiancée, actress Michelle Williams, has asked the public to respect the need for her, the couple's 2-year-old daughter, Matilda, and others "to grieve privately."

"My heart is broken," Williams said in a statement issued last week via her publicist. "I am the mother of the most tender-hearted, high-spirited, beautiful little girl who is the spitting image of her father. All that I can cling to is his presence inside her that reveals itself every day. His family and I watch Matilda as she whispers to trees, hugs animals, and takes steps two at a time, and we know that he is with us still. She will be brought up in the best memories of him."

Condolences poured in from Ledger's friends and co-stars.

"He was a wonderful guy, he was a wonderful actor, he had a wonderful future ahead of him, and I liked him," said actor Eric Roberts, who worked with Ledger in "The Dark Knight," the latest installment in the "Batman" series set to open in July.

Colleagues on Terry Gilliam's film "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus," which Ledger had been shooting in England, said the actor apparently had been suffering from a respiratory ailment in the days before he died.

Christopher Plummer told Entertainment Weekly that Ledger had a "terrible, lingering bug in London, and he couldn't sleep at all. We all -- I thought he'd probably got walking pneumonia."
advertisement

Ledger's first American film was the teen comedy "10 Things I Hate About You" in 1999. He passed up several scripts before taking a role in the Revolutionary War drama "The Patriot" in 2000 and "A Knight's Tale" in 2001. He also played a supporting role in "Monster's Ball."

But Ledger was perhaps best known for his portrayal of Ennis Del Mar in "Brokeback Mountain," Ang Lee's film about two cowboys who had a secret romantic relationship. The role earned Ledger a best actor Oscar nomination.

Accidental overdose my a**! :roll:

Anyone knows that taking any of these combinations can kill you!

Didn't the doctor or the pharmacist tell him not to take any of these prescriptions at the same time?!

Of course he was having some "personal issues" and maybe he wanted to go out like Marilyn Monroe.

Didn't the doctor or the pharmacist tell him not to take any of these prescriptions at the same time?!

Of course he was having some "personal issues" and maybe he wanted to go out like Marilyn Monroe.

According to the statement, he was abusing the meds so it probably wouldnt matter what the pharmacists or doctors tell him. We can only speculate..:dunno:

According to the statement, he was abusing the meds so it probably wouldnt matter what the pharmacists or doctors tell him. We can only speculate..:dunno:

Every year, thousands and thousands of people die from bad combinations of prescribed drugs. Heck, quite a lot of people die from taking aspirins too!

If people truly believe that anyone would "know" that is in for a rude awakening. Among the general population, people tend to forget that they are still drugs and can be fatal if combined.

You give someone a tic tac and tell that person that it will makes him feel better. He will suddenly feel better an hour later because he was told it would help. It's often in people's minds. That's how bad it is. People don't understand much when it comes to prescription drugs and such.

Heath was given way too many prescribed drugs. Doctors will give you anything these days. Even free samples of drugs! Just look at Rush Limbaugh, he shopped around for prescribed drugs. A lot of people do the same thing.

I doubt it was suicide, but it's clear that he was taking too much. Problem is, sleeping pills tell your brain stem to sleep, however the anti-anxiety need to tell your brain stem to slow down the heartbeats too. But how do you do that if your brain stem is not responsive enough to make such an effect which results in death?

It's highly common, not rare for people to die from bad combinations of prescribed drugs and such, at least that's what I read.

Marilyn Monroe is DEAD! she still gone for 46 years because she been drugs lots! that not good for her.

Elvis Presley died in 1977 and he gone for 30 years of his death dues drugs but im sure he been had drugs lots after he died im sure the autospy results about singers's death very serious!

Gee, we already know that Marilyn Monroe has died over 46 years ago. Why tell us though? We know about Elvis too. It's pointless

Marilyn Monroe is DEAD! she still gone for 46 years because she been drugs lots! that not good for her.

Elvis Presley died in 1977 and he gone for 30 years of his death dues drugs but im sure he been had drugs lots after he died im sure the autospy results about singers's death very serious!

I know...don't listen to her...I just shake my head...so what! Both stars are dead and what's point to bring it up again?! GEE!! :ugh3:
Gee, we already know that Marilyn Monroe has died over 46 years ago. Why tell us though? We know about Elvis too. It's pointless

Every year, thousands and thousands of people die from bad combinations of prescribed drugs. Heck, quite a lot of people die from taking aspirins too!

If people truly believe that anyone would "know" that is in for a rude awakening. Among the general population, people tend to forget that they are still drugs and can be fatal if combined.

You give someone a tic tac and tell that person that it will makes him feel better. He will suddenly feel better an hour later because he was told it would help. It's often in people's minds. That's how bad it is. People don't understand much when it comes to prescription drugs and such.

Heath was given way too many prescribed drugs. Doctors will give you anything these days. Even free samples of drugs! Just look at Rush Limbaugh, he shopped around for prescribed drugs. A lot of people do the same thing.

I doubt it was suicide, but it's clear that he was taking too much. Problem is, sleeping pills tell your brain stem to sleep, however the anti-anxiety need to tell your brain stem to slow down the heartbeats too. But how do you do that if your brain stem is not responsive enough to make such an effect which results in death?

It's highly common, not rare for people to die from bad combinations of prescribed drugs and such, at least that's what I read.

Yea, you have a good point. There can be so many reasons and we probably will never know. It is unfortunate.

I agree Banjo...

It was a known fact that Heath and Mary-Kate liked to "party" into the wee hours of the morning.

Secondly the reason why he isn't with the mother of his daughter is because she has told him that he needed to take care of his addiction to painkillers.

And now the federal government is going to investigate his death as they believe that one can go "pill shopping" at differenct pharmacies.

Why would she need immunity from prosecution if she had no involvement?

Back