Blog: My Japanese trip

That's awesome very interesting bkgrd where u came from.

He will leave for Japan about 10 pm (Australia time) - 6 am eastern time very soon.

Wow You Lucky!!! Have a fun trip! and would love to see the pictures.!!! :thumb:

He now flies oversea till arrivng Japan about 6 am (Japan Time) We will wait to see his picture when returing home on Jan 3.

Last edited:
Blog #1: I am currently in Japan

Later that afternoon yesterday, we left Canberra around 1:30pm, my dad's brother took us to Sydney International Airport, after three short hours, while the little girls took a bit of a shut eye. We all arrived at the airport shortly after 5pm, but unfortunately we unable to check in until 7pm - we were told.

So we filled out our departure forms and went for a walk around the airport, checked out the duty free stores, quite not bad. You know, JClarke mentioned about a 2GB SD memory card, he bought from BIG W for as little as 12 dollars in Canberra, he found out that it costed 15 dollars at the duty free! A bit of a rip off, we think.

Anyway, we enjoyed plenty of food from the Qantas Club where we sat for about an hour an half, it was delightful. We waited, waited AND waited....until the boarding time got closer and closer. We got boarded around 9:35pm.

Finally, the excitement has gone up to the roof, when the flight finally flew off to Tokyo. The flight was nine hours and forty minutes long, the flight was quicker than we thought while being entertained with movies and video games. Unfortunately, there was minor trouble with the TV's though but in the end, we managed to watch a movie or two.

At 6:05am, we have arrived Narita International Airport, safe and sound --- we looked out of the window and saw beautiful lights of the city of Japan and its surroundings. We went through customs without a problem, where we all were pleased about it.

We all jumped onto a train where it took us to Ueno train station, we sat in the train for nearly a two hours to get to Ueno Station. About 30 stations, the train stopped by, we didn't mind since we enjoyed the views of the Japanese surroundings and small houses cramped to each other and all.

The little girls were very tired, they managed to grab a shut eye or two, but it wasn't enough...we got off at Ueno Station and then caught other connecting train to Aoyama-itchome station where our hotel isn't far away from where we arrived...it was only 5-10 minutes walk. The people traffic was very intense, a lot of people coming in and out. We managed to get out at Aoyama-itchome station.

Unfortunately, upon arrival at the hotel, we weren't able to check in until 2pm, it was ony 10am! So we left the big bags with the staff and went for a walk around Tokyo. We grabbed some snacks of sushi and few drinks. It was nice. We continued to walk around and around the streets of tokyo. Everyone's feet grew sore and tired, it was an long day on our first day of our Japan trip.

...these beds looks comfortable, I think its time for some more shut eye!

:wave:

good to know that youre safe. Holla me if you see any fast n furious cars, lol.

i always love that movies [3 movies].

I m happy that all of you got safe to arrive there! Enjoy your trip!

Day 2: Backs and feet aching...

After going to bed early last night, we woke up at 7am this morning, we had breakfast of cereals where we took some with us from Australia. Our plan for today was to go and visit Tokyo Tower (Photo on left). We walked a lot across many streets and corner shops. We stopped to find ATM for my dad to get some money. We continued walking and stopping to look around at these shops. Dad and my brother became addicted to these vending machines we see everywhere!

We arrived at the Tokoyo Tower, which was awesome. We went up to the main floor where we spectulate the fantastic views of Tokyo (Photo on right - south side view) it was fantastic to see, unfortunately we didnt get to see Mt. Fuji despite it was an cloudless day in Tokyo...all we saw was some sort of fog out there near where Mt Fuji was located.

We all went back down and had a look at these stores inside the centre, and it was good, but expensive. We all were hungry and we all grabbed some lunch - sushi and noodles for lunch, it was very good. After lunch, we walked to where Australian Embassy is located, then we continued up the hill to Arisugawa Park, where my dad and his brother used to play around when they were kids. We also went to National Azabu Supermarket where these food from australia and other countries besides Japan - We saw an famailar product, vegemite!

My dad took to his family's old house which was nearby, the house isn't there but some famailar walls and other places which remains there. It wasn't far away from Arisugawa Park though. Later on, we caught the train from Hiroo to Roppongi Station and walked 20 minutes more back to our Hotel.

Later that night, we went to other surrounding areas. There was so many different stores - I and my brother was in awe with these advanced mobile phone technology. We all walked and walked a lot all day since 8:30am today and we had dinner at McDonald's.

it was getting late, we walked back to the nearby station and caught the train back to shinjuku and changed trains there to the other one where it took us back to the station where the hotel is nearby. We are now finally hitting the hay as we needed the rest with the soreness all over.

Until then..

After going to bed early last night, we woke up at 7am this morning, we had breakfast of cereals where we took some with us from Australia. Our plan for today was to go and visit Tokyo Tower (Photo on left). We walked a lot across many streets and corner shops. We stopped to find ATM for my dad to get some money. We continued walking and stopping to look around at these shops. Dad and my brother became addicted to these vending machines we see everywhere!

We arrived at the Tokoyo Tower, which was awesome. We went up to the main floor where we spectulate the fantastic views of Tokyo (Photo on right - south side view) it was fantastic to see, unfortunately we didnt get to see Mt. Fuji despite it was an cloudless day in Tokyo...all we saw was some sort of fog out there near where Mt Fuji was located.

We all went back down and had a look at these stores inside the centre, and it was good, but expensive. We all were hungry and we all grabbed some lunch - sushi and noodles for lunch, it was very good. After lunch, we walked to where Australian Embassy is located, then we continued up the hill to Arisugawa Park, where my dad and his brother used to play around when they were kids. We also went to National Azabu Supermarket where these food from australia and other countries besides Japan - We saw an famailar product, vegemite!

My dad took to his family's old house which was nearby, the house isn't there but some famailar walls and other places which remains there. It wasn't far away from Arisugawa Park though. Later on, we caught the train from Hiroo to Roppongi Station and walked 20 minutes more back to our Hotel.

Later that night, we went to other surrounding areas. There was so many different stores - I and my brother was in awe with these advanced mobile phone technology. We all walked and walked a lot all day since 8:30am today and we had dinner at McDonald's.

it was getting late, we walked back to the nearby station and caught the train back to shinjuku and changed trains there to the other one where it took us back to the station where the hotel is nearby. We are now finally hitting the hay as we needed the rest with the soreness all over.

Until then..

I am happy that you got be safe in Japan with your family :)
But you wrote Mc Donald's. sound like not any good Food in Japan?! you rather go to Mc Donald's??? heh.. to me, i won't go to Mc Donald's if i am on the another country. i am aware, in the world have the same Mc Donald's. that is fine, it is your choice ;)
have fun in your trip!!!

How are you doing with the "hai!"'s? Last time I did that, I nearly sprained my jaw! LOL

I can't be bothered to write another blog in here... so I will post later

and its raining up here :mad2:

Back