Biblical Contradictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
guido said:
No?

Leviticus 20:

The book of Leviticus also says not to eat pork, either, but that never stopped us before.

hottiedeafboi said:
That's sad thing to quote one vs and ignore all other laws. Adultery, death, rebel against mom and dad, death, and there are many other death sentence. Gossip, lies, are one of the deadly sins. And there's so much of it. With all the law against us is been nailed to the cross, Jesus died for ALL mankinds and forgives ALL of our sins.

Don't you know that the story about Lot and his family who made their home in the city of Sod'om. Accord the bible, homesexuell people were very bad people. God destory Sod'om and the nearby of Gomor'rah. One of angels said: "Run for your lives!" Don't look back. Run to the hills, so that you won't be killed". Lot & his daughters obeyed and ran away from Sod'om without look back but Lot's wife disobeyed. She stopped and looked back... Then Lot's wife became a pillar of salt. It shows us that God saves those who obey him, but those who do not obey will lose their lives...

That's what my bible say. :ugh2:

It's murder what God did to those people... :ugh2:

Yes, the Bible said that. But God murdered them, no. See, these twon done very evil and God knows everything of there thoughts, heart. Even some guys begging the angels of the Lord to sleep with them, the Lord blinding them. There's so much evil of all kinds in these town. Will people change? No, do they want to do what God want to do or ask God to help their struggle? No. Have any respect for God? No. That's why the judgement of God upon them.

gnulinuxman said:
:-$

^^ Ever see this before?

Ironic how an atheist would comment on religion. If you're so atheist, leave us alone!

I'm responding to posts by my fellow atheists, who would rather try to tear down your religion based on details that can be explained away, rather than live and let live.

And, for the record, atheist doesn't mean I lack spirituality.

And, for the record, atheist doesn't mean I lack spirituality.
Are you more of a non-Christian athetist? I am......I don't believe in the Christian God, which makes me an athiest of sorts, but I ALSO believe in a higher power, and am pretty spirtual!

No, christians does not believe the earth is 6000 yrs. There are some do, but most doesn't. Bec we do believe dinasaurs and stuff like that. And not only that, the Bible is telling us who God is and purpose of life and many other thing and not one bit of contradiction in it.

Accord the bible, homesexuell people were very bad people. God destory Sod'om and the nearby of Gomor'rah.
Actually there's a quote somewhere in the Bible that says that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed b/c of the sins of inhospitality, not b/c of homsoexual behavoir!

deafdyke said:
Actually there's a quote somewhere in the Bible that says that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed b/c of the sins of inhospitality, not b/c of homsoexual behavoir!
Can you please provide that "quote somewhere"?

Askjo said:
When the Atheists said that the Bible is the FULL of contradictions because they do not understand the Bible. When they do not understand the Bible, they CANNOT solve the contradictions in the Bible. The Bible warns that atheists are FOOLS.

DAMN IT! damn WRONG! all christians including you who dont actually understand what the scripture specify talk from old and new testments for thousand years and years.. the scripture warned me that you are so FOOLS!

I would thanks to scripture! Because the POWERFUL WORD IS THE BLOOD AND MAN HIMSELF OF WRITTEN SEALED IN ME FOREVER!

deafdyke said:
Are you more of a non-Christian athetist? I am......I don't believe in the Christian God, which makes me an athiest of sorts, but I ALSO believe in a higher power, and am pretty spirtual!

Atheism isn't defined as non-belief in the Christian God. It's defined as non-belief in *any* god. There are some gray areas - for example, the Tao is usually not understood to be a god, but that's largely a matter of interpretation (and of course, our ability to understand the infinite hinders things). There are other examples like that.

Yes, I'm non-Christian. Nor do I believe in a higher power - at least, not one with volition and self-awareness. My spiritual beliefs don't really fit under any one label; and as cliche as it sounds, they're more about the journey than the destination (i.e., considering my place in the world; who I am and why I do things; and then being willing to reconsider when new evidence comes along). The Kalama Sutra article at Wikipedia (I'm linking to Answers.com's mirror since WP seems to be down now) is a decent approximation, though I'm not Buddhist.

biblewarninglabel.jpg

Liebling:-))) said:
Don't you know that the story about Lot and his family who made their home in the city of Sod'om. Accord the bible, homesexuell people were very bad people. God destory Sod'om and the nearby of Gomor'rah. One of angels said: "Run for your lives!" Don't look back. Run to the hills, so that you won't be killed". Lot & his daughters obeyed and ran away from Sod'om without look back but Lot's wife disobeyed. She stopped and looked back... Then Lot's wife became a pillar of salt. It shows us that God saves those who obey him, but those who do not obey will lose their lives...

That's what my bible say. :ugh2:

It's murder what God did to those people... :ugh2:

Why you accuse/blame God what He did to those people ?
Look : about the gun -- Are you STILL blamin' God for the gun killin' people ? I think not. It's people who kill other people when their hand touch the gun, NOT the gun itself doin' it without people's hands.
It is people's CHOICE to go for it or NOT to go for it. They chose it, NOT God.
Same thing with Lot's wife when God WARNED her NOT to look back, otherwise she will turn into a pillar of salt. Well, guess what ? She choses to DISOBEYING God by TURNIN' her own head and look at the city. Who told her to LOOK at the city ? NOT God - but, herself. She choses to follow HER OWN WAY to turn around and LOOK. It's the same thing when someone TOUCH the gun and shoot. She had her own 2 eyes and she was LUSTED to turn around -- all of sudden she became a pillar of salt.

Same thing, if a person refused what a cop told her/him to do - if, a person disobey a cop, what do you think a cop would do ? Hmm ? A cop will slap a handcuff on that person, right ? A cop isn't about playin' head game when a person is bein' told to listen ( obey ).

Askjo said:
When the Atheists said that the Bible is the FULL of contradictions because they do not understand the Bible. When they do not understand the Bible, they CANNOT solve the contradictions in the Bible. The Bible warns that atheists are FOOLS.

You said it so according and so right!!

Askjo said:

Here's a reply to calling atheists fools.

Matthew 5:22 said:
Whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

It does not specify anybody you can't call fools, so it defaults to anybody, including atheists. Therefore calling atheists fools puts one in danger of hell fire.

Paul himself directly calls the Galatians foolish in Galatians chapter 3. By Matthew 5:22, Paul put himself into danger of hell fire.

XBGMER said:
DAMN IT! damn WRONG! all christians including you who dont actually understand what the scripture specify talk from old and new testments for thousand years and years..
Well, use the sense -- NO ONE can understand the Scriptures -- 100%!!! However the Holy Spirit teaches Christians to understand God's Words when they actually study and LEARN the Word of God. Unlike the Atheists... they don't.
the scripture warned me that you are so FOOLS!
Proof -- please show me the Scriptures said the Christians are FOOLS.

guido said:
No?

Leviticus 20:13 " 'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
You miss something -- It was the LAW. When? It was in Old Testement's time, not our current time. We are under the Grace NOW.

Dear EyesBlueDeaf,

I am so happy that i can see this post on AllDeaf.com. You are a very useful member of this forum, because you make people think.

Not only Bible Contradictions but rather contradictions of everything. As it is written in Sirach the book 33:7-15 (as i have already quoted it in my post called "The Point In Human Life"):

7 Why doth one day excel another, when as all the light of every day in the year is of the sun?
8 By the knowledge of the Lord they were distinguished: and he altered seasons and feasts.
9 Some of them hath he made high days, and hallowed them, and some of them hath he made ordinary days.
10 And all men are from the ground, and Adam was created of earth:
11 In much knowledge the Lord hath divided them, and made their ways diverse.
12 Some of them hath he blessed and exalted and some of them he sanctified, and set near himself: but some of them hath he cursed and brought low, and turned out of their places.
13 As the clay is in the potter’s hand, to fashion it at his pleasure: so man is in the hand of him that made him, to render to them as liketh him best.
14 Good is set against evil, and life against death: so is the godly against the sinner, and the sinner against the godly.
15 So look upon all the works of the most High; and there are two and two, one against another.

We can also remember the words of Solomon the King again (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8):

1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

And here is an excerpt from my book called "Amen":

Every single religion is a fraction of an universal religion which is the synthesis of all the existing religions.
Every religion is to understand God and his laws in a different way than the other to lead its believers to certain thoughts, opinions and feelings that are a specific transformation of a predestined energy needed by the entire AllOrganism. Each religion has to understand God differently and always little truly and little untruly. And therefore if we want to understand Lord - the huge shining figure that has wise and Saints Stars and powerfull and mighty circles with him, we must overstep all the religions and to stay above them, bellow them, inside them and oustide of them at the same time. Then we find Lord, true faith and Truth.

And this is also valid for the Bible Contradictions. Again... Not only Bible Contradictions but all the contradictions in general, since the whole course of eternity is made of opposite energies and things.

Hootster, you rock!!!!!!! I've never understood why believers tout the Bible as the Good News, when it is FILLED with such horrible stuff!!!
Reba, I have found the verseS : (King James Bible b/c I know of the debate within some churches over King James vs other versions)
Isaiah 3:9
The shew of their countenance doth witness against them; and they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul! for they have rewarded evil unto themselves
Jer 23:14

14I have seen also in the prophets of Jerusalem an horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walk in lies: they strengthen also the hands of evildoers, that none doth return from his wickedness; they are all of them unto me as Sodom, and the inhabitants thereof as Gomorrah.
Yes, you say, but you already KNEW that Sodom was evil......here's the clincher: Ezekiel 1649 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
(notice no mention of the sin of homosexuality!!!!!!!!!)

God loves us all thru Jesus Christ alone. All the arguments and scriptures plucker to throw each others face both non christians and christians. Not all christians are the same. I have seen about particular sins God punished or I say sin I don't commit "they" will punished. There are many in the scriptures talked about our responsibilities, tho our christian believer has eternal security. Tho there are some christians have very comfort and inviting messages, yet, the world still despise. Repecting all the religions except christians and slapping their face and yes, some christians cutting down some people, remember some do, not all does that. Even tho, Jesus called us to be the light and the salt of the world. For example, the bars, they like dark places. Suppose someone turn the lights on. What will the bar goers react? Either throw them out, or get into fights and arguments, get angry and etc. As a christians, some put toooo much light or toooo much salt. Some christians put proper lighting and proper seasoning. So many have a wrong view of God and missing out so much point of the messages. God loves us all, but do not condone sins of ALL kinds. Doesn't matter how we live up to or how religious you are. Its not going to get you anywhere. God put us here for a purpose. I do like how one point out from Book of Ecc. That is so true, that's part of life we live in, but also the choice we have to make either, receive or reject God's loving and free offer of salvation and grace thru Jesus Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back