Biblical Contradictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
gnulinuxman said:
Now, many of you may be surprised that I, a Catholic, think this way, but I believe the New Testament was just a PR job for Jesus. Sure, I believe he died for our sins, but I think a lot of it is overglorified.
How is it possible to "over glorify" someone who sacrificed His own innocent life for our sinful lives, and then resurrected from the dead? There is no way we can glorify Him enough for what He did for us.

Remember, the Gospels were written DECADES after Jesus Christ died.
The Gospels were written by people who personally knew Jesus and witnessed Him in His resurrected body.

There were several different Gospels written, and some of them even said Jesus got married. How did they pick the 4 that are now in the Bible?
The other so-called "gospels" were written even later than the real Gospels, by people who never knew Jesus, and who didn't even use their own real names. Of course they weren't accepted into the Canon of Scripture.

The point of the Bible was to provide guidance, not historical records.
It is true that the Bible is not intended to be used as a history text but it is also true that there is nothing historically inaccurate in the Bible either.

By the way, most of the Bible super-fanatics are Protestants who are too lazy to THINK. I doubt many of them even READ the Bible.
Quite possible (although I wouldn't say "most"). Many critics of the Bible don't read it either. But Christians really should desire to read God's Word.

Reba said:
The Gospels were written by people who personally knew Jesus and witnessed Him in His resurrected body.

It looks like that there were
only four Gospels the ones
who personally knew Jesus directly
include:

Matthew
Mark
Luke
John

Reba said:
The other so-called "gospels" were written even later than the real Gospels, by people who never knew Jesus, and who didn't even use their own real names. Of course they weren't accepted into the Canon of Scripture.

I'm not even sure who were you referring to ?

Perhaps you mean Paul wrote a letter to Philippans
as an example.

Y said:
It looks like that there were
only four Gospels the ones
include:

Matthew
Mark
Luke
John
Yes.

I'm not even sure who were you referring to ?
I was responding to gnulinuxman's post. The "gospels" that he referred to are not real gospels. They are gnostic books that were written hundreds of years after the real gospels.

Perhaps you mean Paul wrote a letter to Philippans
as an example.
Paul's books are accepted because he saw Jesus after the resurrection, and Paul wrote his books and letters while other apostles were still alive.

You might find this interesting:

http://www.equip.org/free/DG040-2.htm

Regarding the birth of Jesus

Gospel of Matthew and Gospel of Luke.

Regarding the birth of Jesus

Luke says that Jesus was born during the sensus of Quirinius. This is 6 CE (Common Era)
Matthew tells that Jesus was born during the reign of King herod who died in 4 BCE (Before the Commen Era)
This is a 10-year difference.
Luke is even contradicting himself.
John and Jesus were conceived during the reign of Herod, but he portraits mary at the census of Quirinus.... a 10-year pregnancy!

Info from:
"The Jesus Mysteries" - Timothy Freke & Peter Gandy
Gospel Thruth - p.141

Genealogy of Jesus

Genealogy of Jesus

MATTHEW ........ LUKE
------------------------------
Jesus ........ Jesus
Joseph ........ Joseph
Jacob ........ Heli
Matthan ........ Matthat
Eleazar ........ Levi
Eliud ........ Melchi
Achim ........ Jannai
Zadok ........ Joseph
Azor ........ Mattathiah
Eliakim ........ Amos
Abiud ........ Nahum
Zerubbabel ........ Esli
Shealtiel ........ Naggai
Jeconiah ........ Maath
Josiah ........ Mattathiah
Amon ........ Semein
Manasseh ........ Josech
Hezekiah ........ Joda
Ahaz ........ Johanan
Jotham ........ Rhesa
Azariah ........ Zerubbabel
Joram ........ Shealtiel
Jehoshaphat ........ Neri
Asa ........ Melchi
Abijah ........ Addi
Rehoboam ........ Cosam
Solomon ........ Elmadam
David ........ Er
........ ........ Joshua
........ ........ Eliezer
........ ........ Jorim
........ ........ Matthat
........ ........ Levi
........ ........ Symeon
........ ........ Judah
........ ........ Joseph
........ ........ Jonam
........ ........ Eliakim
........ ........ Melea
........ ........ Menna
........ ........ Mattatha
........ ........ Nathan
........ ........ David

27 versus.... ........ 42 decendents!

Info from:
Gospel Thruth - p.139-140

Cloggy said:

Genealogy of Jesus

Info from:
Gospel Thruth - p.139-140
I sent the wrong post, so check it on post under " who we talk about". Whoopsy smile

Y said:
It looks like that there were only four Gospels the ones
include:

Matthew
Mark
Luke
John

From this source
The Gospel story, with its figure of Jesus of Nazareth, cannot be found before the Gospels. In Christian writings earlier than Mark, including almost all of the New Testament epistles, as well as in many writings from the second century, the object of Christian faith is never spoken of as a human man who had recently lived, taught, performed miracles, suffered and died at the hands of human authorities, or rose from a tomb outside Jerusalem. There is no sign in the epistles of Mary or Joseph, Judas or John the Baptist, no birth story, teaching or appointment of apostles by Jesus, no mention of holy places or sites of Jesus’ career, not even the hill of Calvary or the empty tomb. This silence is so pervasive and so perplexing that attempted explanations for it have proven inadequate.

Cloggy said:
The Gospel story, with its figure of Jesus of Nazareth, cannot be found before the Gospels. In Christian writings earlier than Mark, including almost all of the New Testament epistles, as well as in many writings from the second century, the object of Christian faith is never spoken of as a human man who had recently lived, taught, performed miracles, suffered and died at the hands of human authorities, or rose from a tomb outside Jerusalem. There is no sign in the epistles of Mary or Joseph, Judas or John the Baptist, no birth story, teaching or appointment of apostles by Jesus, no mention of holy places or sites of Jesus’ career, not even the hill of Calvary or the empty tomb. This silence is so pervasive and so perplexing that attempted explanations for it have proven inadequate.
From this source
So? What's the problem? Everything that God wanted covered, got covered in the Gospels, and the rest of the NT. The epistles were written to address specific situations, doctrines, topics, etc., so they didn't need to repeat information that was already given in the Gospels, or that was already commonly known by the recipients of the letters.

Reba said:
So? What's the problem? Everything that God wanted covered, got covered in the Gospels, and the rest of the NT. The epistles were written to address specific situations, doctrines, topics, etc., so they didn't need to repeat information that was already given in the Gospels, or that was already commonly known by the recipients of the letters.
Yeh, that's an explanation that works for you. That's fine.

one tiny problem here, Joseph was not Jesus' real father, right?

jazzy said:
:dunno: Matthew and Luke would say he is... But that's where the agreement stops (See below)
So all this coming up with ancesters to prove he's decending from David, only to conclude in the end that he's the son of god.....

MATTHEW ........ LUKE
------------------------------
Jesus ........ Jesus
Joseph ........ Joseph
Jacob ........ Heli
Matthan ........ Matthat
Eleazar ........ Levi
Eliud ........ Melchi
Achim ........ Jannai
Zadok ........ Joseph
Azor ........ Mattathiah
Eliakim ........ Amos
Abiud ........ Nahum
Zerubbabel ........ Esli
Shealtiel ........ Naggai
Jeconiah ........ Maath
Josiah ........ Mattathiah
Amon ........ Semein
Manasseh ........ Josech
Hezekiah ........ Joda
Ahaz ........ Johanan
Jotham ........ Rhesa
Azariah ........ Zerubbabel
Joram ........ Shealtiel
Jehoshaphat ........ Neri
Asa ........ Melchi
Abijah ........ Addi
Rehoboam ........ Cosam
Solomon ........ Elmadam
David ........ Er
........ ........ Joshua
........ ........ Eliezer
........ ........ Jorim
........ ........ Matthat
........ ........ Levi
........ ........ Symeon
........ ........ Judah
........ ........ Joseph
........ ........ Jonam
........ ........ Eliakim
........ ........ Melea
........ ........ Menna
........ ........ Mattatha
........ ........ Nathan
........ ........ David

27 versus.... ........ 42 decendents!

Who dun it?

jazzy said:

Nope! Joseph did not fuck Mary. It was God who did that.

:whistle:

Deaf Images said:
Nope! Joseph did not fuck Mary. It was God who did that.

:whistle:
So, he's not a descendant from David.... The bible is wrong!!!

Adam and Eve

Adam and Eve story about the apple and serpent.... it is a fairy tale cover up to mean that Eve saw another man and committed adultery....

They can't even be straight with children... Apple? my butt!

LOL!!!

I thought that story was strange for years.... :dunno:

Cloggy thinks he knows it all about bible and deafness issues. So Are you telling me that bible is no good? I find this is *258* that matches up his true color that Deaf is no good and Hearing is good. Scoffs!

Okay! I was given a Holy Bible book by my dear friend. So I just wanted to get the idea what the Bible says. I had to look up the bible and found in Holy Bible.

Here you go....

Matthew

The Birth of Jesus Christ
(Lk.2:1-7)

18This is how the birth of Jesus Christ happened. His mother Mary was engaged to marry Joesph. But before they married, he learned that she was expecting a baby. (She was pregnant by the power of the Holy Spirit.*) 19Mary's husband, Joseph, was a good man. He did not want to cause her public disgrace, so he planned to divorce her secretly.

20But after Joseph thought about this, an angel from the Lord came to him in a dream. The angel said, "Joseph, son of David,"* dont be afraid to accept Mary to be your wife. the baby inside her is from the Holy Spirit. 21She will give birth to a son. You will name Jesus. Give him that name because he will save his people from their sins. "

22All this happened to make clear the full meaning of what the Lord said through the prophet*: 23the virgin * will be pregnant and will give birth to a son. They will name him Immanuel." (Immanuel means "God with us")

24When Joseph woke up, he did what the Lord's angel told him to do. He married Mary. 25But Joseph did not have sexual relations with her until her son was born. And he named him Jesus.

There you go! ;)

Thanks!
Sweetmind

Last edited:
Cloggy said:
:dunno: Matthew and Luke would say he is... But that's where the agreement stops (See below)
So all this coming up with ancesters to prove he's decending from David, only to conclude in the end that he's the son of god.....

I am surprised that you know some knowledges about the BIBLE!!!! I think you stated in the other topic that your daughter was born deaf....If God has a plan for your daughter being deaf... you had already destroyed God's plan for your daughter's future as a deaf person.... It is actually interesting!!!! I am agnoistic about the religions....

Thanks!!
SxyPorkie

Sweetmind said:
Cloggy thinks he knows it all about bible and deafness issues. So Are you telling me that bible is no good? I find this is *258* that matches up his true color that Deaf is no good and Hearing is good. ...........
What a twisted conclusion... What are you smoking to get to that?

SxyPorkie said:
I am surprised that you know some knowledges about the BIBLE!!!! I think you stated in the other topic that your daughter was born deaf....If God has a plan for your daughter being deaf... you had already destroyed God's plan for your daughter's future as a deaf person.... It is actually interesting!!!! I am agnoistic about the religions....

Thanks!!
SxyPorkie
Gods plan is for her to have CI...

Cut that craps! Jeez! It a man made that makes money which is a evil thing too.. Greedy for money!

Thats not what God asked for. So there!

Cloggy said:
I wear glasses, but I would never say it was God's plan for me to have glasses. When you bring religion into artificial devices (no matter what they are), I will disagree. Why? I believe that if God wanted your daughter to have a CI, she would have been born with it. That's not to say I am against CI's themselves; rather, that I wish people would stop bringing God into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back