Arkansas same sex couples marriages

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's that word again :giggle:

Why should I pick and choose what is tolerable or not? Who are you to judge what is acceptable or not? Don't believe in sibling marriage ... don't get married to your sibling. It doesn't affect you.

if you don't believe people should get married to their laptops ... don't marry your laptop ... simple.

There you are, grasping at straws again...

Laptops do not have feelings. They do not hold jobs, vote, pay taxes, develop relationships, fall in love, stay in devoted committed relationships, build stable homes together or do anything that humans do without human assistance. Do I really have to hold your hand and guide you through why your arguments are completely invalid? :roll: Are you reaaaaaaaaaaaaally that desperate for things to use as arguments?

There you are, grasping at straws again...

Laptops do not have feelings. They do not hold jobs, vote, pay taxes, develop relationships, fall in love, stay in devoted committed relationships, build stable homes together or do anything that humans do without human assistance. Do I really have to hold your hand and guide you through why your arguments are completely invalid? :roll: Are you reaaaaaaaaaaaaally that desperate for things to use as arguments?

Who are you to pass judgement on what laptops can or cannot do? Or even if they have any feelings??!! I'll have you know that MIT professors would debate with you on whether or not there are "feelings" involved in AI technology - just because you cannot understand doesn't mean you should prevent anyone from wanting to marry a laptop. There is absolutely no harm to you, or anyone you know, if someone wants to marry their laptop, so why are you being so judgmental and mean? Please stop being such a technophobe!!!

Why would you want to prevent a laptop's grandparents from attending a beautiful ceremony? I mean, I am sure invitations are all written out for the Commodore 64 and Apple II and the IBM 5150 (but the Atari 400 has passed on :( ). Even its overseas distant relatives should be able to attend - like Nokia, Sanyo et. al.

I said nothing about preventing someone from marrying a laptop. If that's really what they want to do, then by all means... marry a laptop Stein... Go marry your laptop... have fun with that... but you know just as well as everyone else, that you are blowing this way out of proportion... and acting like a child.

But that's fine... it's not laptop marriage you have to worry about... it's gay marriage. Now that 19 states now allow it... soon it will be half, and then all of them. All you are doing by posting all of this is throwing your adult version of a temper tantrum because you're losing and not getting your way... and that's fine.... let it all out... because we're winning... and getting our way. Equal rights, and there's nothing... NOTHING... you can... will... or will be able... to do about it... and that just burns you up... doesn't it. :) I'm just sitting here with a huge smile on my face, knowing I can go to 19 states and marry another woman.... :) Go cry some more.... it continues to grow, and will continue. Gay marriage approval is growing and support is growing... and will continue. All you can do is sit there and throw out irrelevant arguments about it... so, have fun with that. I have no problem with your opinion or opposition to it... but at least provide a relevant argument with some intelligence and adult minded backing to it instead of throwing out child minded themes and imaginary thoughts pulled out of your rump before attempting to argue, will you?

If it's your opinion to oppose gay marriage, just say you're against it and stand your ground. Don't throw out stupid reasons why... Just say your against it and stand by your convictions. I'm fine with that...I respect everyone's opinions and rights to their opinions.. but please don't attempt to throw out childish stupid reasons like marrying laptops... that's just utterly insulting. However, I will state, this is the LGBT forum, and not really the place for people to be opposing stuff.... more of a place meant for us to celebrate our victories and what not... just thought I'd throw that out there too...

Who are you to pass judgement on what laptops can or cannot do? Or even if they have any feelings??!! I'll have you know that MIT professors would debate with you on whether or not there are "feelings" involved in AI technology - just because you cannot understand doesn't mean you should prevent anyone from wanting to marry a laptop. There is absolutely no harm to you, or anyone you know, if someone wants to marry their laptop, so why are you being so judgmental and mean? Please stop being such a technophobe!!!

Why would you want to prevent a laptop's grandparents from attending a beautiful ceremony? I mean, I am sure invitations are all written out for the Commodore 64 and Apple II and the IBM 5150 (but the Atari 400 has passed on :( ). Even its overseas distant relatives should be able to attend - like Nokia, Sanyo et. al.

ah so you have no problem with gay marriage then, right?

Glad to know the more they accept gay people than years ago. My kids age group are lucky. Of course I'm very happy for my gay friends can get married. Beautifulllllly couples

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

I said nothing about preventing someone from marrying a laptop. If that's really what they want to do, then by all means... marry a laptop Stein... Go marry your laptop... have fun with that... but you know just as well as everyone else, that you are blowing this way out of proportion... and acting like a child.

But that's fine... it's not laptop marriage you have to worry about... it's gay marriage. Now that 19 states now allow it... soon it will be half, and then all of them. All you are doing by posting all of this is throwing your adult version of a temper tantrum because you're losing and not getting your way... and that's fine.... let it all out... because we're winning... and getting our way. Equal rights, and there's nothing... NOTHING... you can... will... or will be able... to do about it... and that just burns you up... doesn't it. :) I'm just sitting here with a huge smile on my face, knowing I can go to 19 states and marry another woman.... :) Go cry some more.... it continues to grow, and will continue. Gay marriage approval is growing and support is growing... and will continue. All you can do is sit there and throw out irrelevant arguments about it... so, have fun with that. I have no problem with your opinion or opposition to it... but at least provide a relevant argument with some intelligence and adult minded backing to it instead of throwing out child minded themes and imaginary thoughts pulled out of your rump before attempting to argue, will you?

If it's your opinion to oppose gay marriage, just say you're against it and stand your ground. Don't throw out stupid reasons why... Just say your against it and stand by your convictions. I'm fine with that...I respect everyone's opinions and rights to their opinions.. but please don't attempt to throw out childish stupid reasons like marrying laptops... that's just utterly insulting. However, I will state, this is the LGBT forum, and not really the place for people to be opposing stuff.... more of a place meant for us to celebrate our victories and what not... just thought I'd throw that out there too...

how did this conversation all of a sudden turn from your opposition to someone marrying a laptop to your support of gay marriage?

Deflect much?

You have me all confused now .. you attempted to condemn laptop marriage by making several technophobic statements, and now, you are all "laptop marriage advocate" in the above post. If you are against laptop marriage, just say so - you don't need to throw a temper tantrum in public.

It is better to stop argue with Stein and it is worthless to argue with members who trolling this forum for their own pleasure.

It is better to stop argue with Stein and it is worthless to argue with members who trolling this forum for their own pleasure.

Yes i know. whatever it comes with gay issue then he acts up for this "GAY" issue. :giggle: Its the best thing is not to discuss with him on GLBT SECTION at all.

AR State Senator Talks Impeachment After Judge's Same Sex Ruling
AR State Senator Talks Impeachment After Judge's Same Sex Ruling - KARK 4 News

Arkansas clerk issues first gay marriage license
Arkansas clerk issues first gay marriage license - KATV - Breaking News, Weather and Razorback Sports

Arkansas clerk issues 1st gay marriage license
Arkansas clerk issues 1st gay marriage license

I'm totally against that! I wanted one man and one woman I don't agreed with judge's decide have same sex marriages and got married in eureka springs,ar I'm not buy that!

Sara,how would you feel if the law prohibited deaf people from marrying? It's the SAME thing! What if I find someone I love very very much? (who is of age and can consent and its a healthy relationship) Shouldn't I be able to marry her? My friend Jen has a wife...it hasn't hurt any straight marriages...why should you be concerned about it? Not so long ago interracial marriage was illegal.....and it was backed up by Biblical authority...There are even Christian Identity folks who still believe that interracial marriage should be illegal or is against God.
Love is love....Do you know any gay folks? They are just like ANYONE else...The ONLY difference is a piece of skin! Why God would call my love for the women I've loved a sin is beyond me. What if your boyfriend/husband was a female? Wouldn't you feel the same? It's about LOVE!

Sara,how would you feel if the law prohibited deaf people from marrying? It's the SAME thing! What if I find someone I love very very much? (who is of age and can consent and its a healthy relationship) Shouldn't I be able to marry her? My friend Jen has a wife...it hasn't hurt any straight marriages...why should you be concerned about it? Not so long ago interracial marriage was illegal.....and it was backed up by Biblical authority...There are even Christian Identity folks who still believe that interracial marriage should be illegal or is against God.
Love is love....Do you know any gay folks? They are just like ANYONE else...The ONLY difference is a piece of skin! Why God would call my love for the women I've loved a sin is beyond me. What if your boyfriend/husband was a female? Wouldn't you feel the same? It's about LOVE!

Great post but I don't think she would understand.

Yes, I am realizing it is clear some people do not have the brain capacity to argue with. It is not worth it to waste my time and understanding trying to comprehend their child like ways in this matter. :roll: Clearly, they only have one defense mechanism for their way and it can't apply anyway because this country allows us to decide our own ways and paths thankfully... which is why 19 states now allow us to marry and soon it will be all of them. He's just sore that almost every week or so another state is striking down their ban on gay marriage... :D It's okay... it will all be a thing of the past soon enough... and all he can do is throw up pointless arguments about marrying laptops. :P

Right now it is illegal to marry a laptop in all 50 States. And you think YOU are being oppressed??

I am sorry, but your technophobia is clouding your judgement. Do you know what they do to people in the Middle East that want to marry laptops? (((shudders)))

Sara,how would you feel if the law prohibited deaf people from marrying? It's the SAME thing!
No, it isn't.

What if I find someone I love very very much? (who is of age and can consent and its a healthy relationship) Shouldn't I be able to marry her?
Who is to judge what constitutes "a healthy relationship?". You've added a further restriction that isn't currently on the books.

My friend Jen has a wife...it hasn't hurt any straight marriages...why should you be concerned about it? Not so long ago interracial marriage was illegal.....and it was backed up by Biblical authority...There are even Christian Identity folks who still believe that interracial marriage should be illegal or is against God.
Christian Identity? Really? Why drag that group into a rational debate? :lol:

Interracial marriage is not the same as same-sex marriage.

Since we can't discuss religion at AD, I can't explain here why God ordained marriage to be between one man and one woman.

Regardless, state laws concerning marriage have nothing to do with love.

Religious marriages and state marriages have different requirements.

This is a new one .. Laptops that are oppressed. I will have to go ask mine at home.

Since we can't discuss religion at AD, I can't explain here why God ordained marriage to be between one man and one woman.

Exactly....The ONLY reason to be against same sex marriage is RELIGIOUS reasons...........AND not all religions agree 100% on gay marriage my dear...Even *GASP* MAINLINE Christian denominations (ie Episcopalian, Methodist etc) support gay marriage..........You can be married under the eyes of God, but not legally. Why should YOUR specific religious beliefs deny me rights? I'm not asking to be married in your church,following your religious beliefs. I am asking to be married SECULARLY.....Atheists can marry secularly, interfaith couples can marry secularly, and so on.......

Everytime there is mention of gay marriage, the opposing side has a tendency to bring up incest, Zoophilia, rapists, and now sex with laptops. I wonder what's next. No wonder people in the GLBT community are insulted.

Right now it is illegal to marry a laptop in all 50 States. And you think YOU are being oppressed??

I am sorry, but your technophobia is clouding your judgement. Do you know what they do to people in the Middle East that want to marry laptops? (((shudders)))

No, it isn't.

Who is to judge what constitutes "a healthy relationship?". You've added a further restriction that isn't currently on the books.

Christian Identity? Really? Why drag that group into a rational debate? :lol:

Interracial marriage is not the same as same-sex marriage.

it used to be illegal for interracial marriage in here. and for white people to marry colored people.

Everytime there is mention of gay marriage, the opposing side has a tendency to bring up incest, Zoophilia, rapists, and now sex with laptops. I wonder what's next. No wonder people in the GLBT community are insulted.

See?

there you go again deflecting ... Who cares if a person wants to marry his or her laptop?

Why are you making this issue about gay marriage? Because I certainly am not. You seem to only care about gay marriage, and do not care about any other issue.

Do you see anything wrong with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back