Arkansas same sex couples marriages

Status
Not open for further replies.
it used to be illegal for interracial marriage in here. and for white people to marry colored people.

And it is currently illegal for a person to marry their laptop.

See?

there you go again deflecting ... Who cares if a person wants to marry his or her laptop?

Why are you making this issue about gay marriage? Because I certainly am not. You seem to only care about gay marriage, and do not care about any other issue.

Do you see anything wrong with that?

so you're ok with gay marriage then?

Everytime there is mention of gay marriage, the opposing side has a tendency to bring up incest, Zoophilia, rapists, and now sex with laptops. I wonder what's next. No wonder people in the GLBT community are insulted.
Not the entire "opposing side" but individuals and groups.

it used to be illegal for interracial marriage in here. and for white people to marry colored people.
Yes, but it's not the same. Race is not the same thing as sexual preference, so they can't be compared.

Yes, but it's not the same. Race is not the same thing as sexual preference, so they can't be compared.

from the church perspective, it's not the same.

Gay marriage will going be VICTORY so feel free to whine about traditional marriage isn't winning.

It is not cool to see some of you impose your belief in my mouth - not apply to Reba.

And it is currently illegal for a person to marry their laptop.

AND? A laptop is an inanimate object with NO self awareness (Short Circut) It doesn't get happy, it doesn't get sad....It just runs programs(/Short Circut) There's NO way it even COMPARES to a relationship between two consenting of age humans, who are in a healthy egaltarilain relationship! The ONLY reason why religion is so fixtated on OH NOES the gay people...is b/c of a SIMPLE piece of skin! God doesn't look at superfical stuff like skin color or a piece of skin...God looks at the INSIDE.....the SOUL.I'm sure when Hannah and I were cuddling, and I was the happiest I have ever been, God was there. God is love. I just do not get why a honest to God loving healthy realationshio that would be held up as a shining example of an AMAZING healthy realationship, is automaticly teh EVIL simply b/c of a piece of skin.

Sara,how would you feel if the law prohibited deaf people from marrying? It's the SAME thing! What if I find someone I love very very much? (who is of age and can consent and its a healthy relationship) Shouldn't I be able to marry her? My friend Jen has a wife...it hasn't hurt any straight marriages...why should you be concerned about it? Not so long ago interracial marriage was illegal.....and it was backed up by Biblical authority...There are even Christian Identity folks who still believe that interracial marriage should be illegal or is against God.
Love is love....Do you know any gay folks? They are just like ANYONE else...The ONLY difference is a piece of skin! Why God would call my love for the women I've loved a sin is beyond me. What if your boyfriend/husband was a female? Wouldn't you feel the same? It's about LOVE!

I'm agreed with you I'm not chosen dating same sex couples or marriages it's stupid choices I have respect yours friends..

from the church perspective, it's not the same.
I'm not sure what you mean. What church? What is not the same? I said race and sexual preference are not the same. Is that what you're referring to?

In my thought, race and "Sexual preference" could be considered "not same" IF one believes that "sexual preference" literally is - "preference" <since skin color, historically/biologically> has not had the ability to change. That thinking could then follow that if people "choose" to be ...not straight" - therefore, argument not the same.

BUT, sexual -orientation- is NOT a choice, like skin color is -not- a choice, so from my perspective, they are the same and I agree with DD's and Jiro's references there.

I'm agreed with you I'm not chosen dating same sex couples or marriages it's stupid choices I have respect yours friends..

Sara, you are born straight so sexual orientation is not choice, so it is originally from born.

I'm not sure what you mean. What church? What is not the same? I said race and sexual preference are not the same. Is that what you're referring to?

Opposition to same sex marriage and gay rights are mainly religion reason and most people claim that their religious belief doesn't believe in same sex marriage or gay rights. We don't have official religion in our country and any laws shouldn't dictate based on religion.

Sexual orientation is not choice, so same goes to race as well, so I tried change to straight and it didn't work for my brain.

clarification - from a RELIGIOUS perspective, it's not the same.

Even FURTHER clarification...from a SPECIFIC deonominational perspective.....Not all Christians think being gay is a sin, and Christianity is not the only religion out there.

Exactly....So why are you against it? It doesn't affect you personally.....And you're STRAIGHT.......Being gay is not a choice, any more then being deaf,being black, being whatever is.......

They are not the same because race is not a sexual behavior.

To be precise, it's not a religious perspective but God's perspective. Of course, people are free to ignore God's establishment of marriage, and do whatever is right in their own eyes. We will all face consequences for our actions.

American government determines only what's legal, not what's morally right. Sometimes the results coincide, sometimes not.

Opposition to same sex marriage and gay rights are mainly religion reason and most people claim that their religious belief doesn't believe in same sex marriage or gay rights. We don't have official religion in our country and any laws shouldn't dictate based on religion.
We absolutely don't have an official religion in America. Religion doesn't make the laws of the United States but it is a factor in how individuals choose to vote, just like many other factors that influence individuals' decisions. All voters make their decisions based on their life philosophies or belief systems. Religion is one of those belief systems, just as atheism is.

People shouldn't make important decisions on the basis of polls.

Sexual orientation is not choice, so same goes to race as well, so I tried change to straight and it didn't work for my brain.
Voluntary sexual behavior is a choice that comes with consequences. That applies to all people.

That doesn't mean other people have to approve of what everyone else does. When they don't approve, they shouldn't hate or attack each other. We can disagree without attacking.

We absolutely don't have an official religion in America. Religion doesn't make the laws of the United States but it is a factor in how individuals choose to vote, just like many other factors that influence individuals' decisions. All voters make their decisions based on their life philosophies or belief systems. Religion is one of those belief systems, just as atheism is.

People shouldn't make important decisions on the basis of polls.

Yes, that's correct and that why we escaped from England to settle in America during colonial era to escape from official or state religion. I don't want laws to promote the religion or atheism, but just leave as neutral and secularism. There are small numbers of people pressured on me go to church but I declined it, that what America is for and I'm not their same religion. I have to worry about my own, not other people.

Voluntary sexual behavior is a choice that comes with consequences. That applies to all people.

That doesn't mean other people have to approve of what everyone else does. When they don't approve, they shouldn't hate or attack each other. We can disagree without attacking.

Sexual orientation and sexual behavior are not same - sexual orientation is just identify whichever you are straight, gay, lesbian or bisexual. Not all gay and lesbian involved in sexual intercourse. Do you want someone to criticize on your heterosexual behavior? It is crazy to criticize on sexual behavior, whichever you are heterosexual or homosexual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back