Arkansas same sex couples marriages

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, now you backpedal?

I'm not sure that you use this word correctly.

You brought up about "tolerance", not me.

backpedal_zpsc3aa7b65.jpg

The problem with marrying a sibling (or other family member) -- for me, is not at all about the issue of incest -- it is that the idea of sex and conception with those you share close DNA with is not a good idea. There are higher risks of birth defects. Is that fair to the child that's born as a result of that marriage? I'm surprised you feel we should tolerate that type of marriage.

To each their own is my opinion...as long as someone doesn't try to shove their own opinion down my throat....Don't care if some people would rather take it in the azz..(good birth control!)..Feel the older generations are less tolerant than today's....Events are happening in this world at a rapid rate.....People voted for "Change"....and they got it.....

Whether good or bad...only time will tell.

The problem with marrying a sibling (or other family member) -- for me, is not at all about the issue of incest -- it is that the idea of sex and conception with those you share close DNA with is not a good idea. There are higher risks of birth defects. Is that fair to the child that's born as a result of that marriage? I'm surprised you feel we should tolerate that type of marriage.

There's that word again :giggle:

Why should I pick and choose what is tolerable or not? Who are you to judge what is acceptable or not? Don't believe in sibling marriage ... don't get married to your sibling. It doesn't affect you.

if you don't believe people should get married to their laptops ... don't marry your laptop ... simple.

Amazing how low some will go to oppose same-sex marriage.

Apparently, toleration deadends when it comes to opposing same-sex marriage. People who state their opposition to same-sex marriage are not tolerated, and are mocked and bullied. :(

Apparently, toleration deadends when it comes to opposing same-sex marriage. People who state their opposition to same-sex marriage are not tolerated, and are mocked and bullied. :(

I got bullied for support gay marriage at high school.

Tolerating an opposing view isn't the issue. It is when people try to impose their view on the law, that is what's intolerable. Be against it all you like, it is absolutely your right. However, let others live how they want as well and have legal rights.

Tolerating an opposing view isn't the issue. It is when people try to impose their view on the law, that is what's intolerable. Be against it all you like, it is absolutely your right. However, let others live how they want as well and have legal rights.
To "be against" something includes speaking out in public and voting. That's the way it's done in America.

To "be against" something includes speaking out in public and voting. That's the way it's done in America.

I agree! However, you shouldn't be able to vote on what civil rights a person (who is not harming anyone) can and cannot have.

I agree! However, you shouldn't be able to vote on what civil rights a person (who is not harming anyone) can and cannot have.
It's debatable as to whether or not it constitutes a civil right. Also, even civil rights come with restrictions.

Finally, even if something is lawful that doesn't mean it's moral, and people should be free to say so.

It's debatable as to whether or not it constitutes a civil right. Also, even civil rights come with restrictions.

Finally, even if something is lawful that doesn't mean it's moral, and people should be free to say so.

I agree, civil rights do come with restrictions and in most cases it regards whether harm is being done and if it infringes on civil rights of others.

And like I said, it is you right to speak out and others have to same right to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back