Are you sick of highly paid teachers?

No doubt. Better than being in new construction
Hubby is self employed. No raises, benefits, vacations, or retirement plan for him. In fact, his work involves using a lot of gasoline, so you can guess what's happening to his puny profits now.

Hubby is self employed. No raises, benefits, vacations, or retirement plan for him. In fact, his work involves using a lot of gasoline, so you can guess what's happening to his puny profits now.

Well, America economy is about to go into the s***hole. All of us are going down with it.

Interesting... people complain about teachers not being highly qualified, how America's kids being poorly educated and etc and one has to really wonder why. The field of education is not attracting talented and motivated people anymore. The field of education is becoming less desirable. Do we want that for our future generation for Americans?

I guess construction is very important for our future.

According to obama it is. It was a huge part of the stimulus.....

I was still in business the last time gas spiked. It made a huge impact. Hopefully something changes soon. Already over $4 a gallon here in Northern CA

Well, America economy is about to go into the s***hole. All of us are going down with it.

Don't you worry. Hope and change should kick in any second!

If not.....To the cloud!

I was still in business the last time gas spinked. It made a huge impact. Hopefully something changes soon. Already over $4 a gallon here in Northern CA

Spink? I learned a new word today. :lol: Btw, Thrifty here in Riverside is 3.63. Arco's about the same.....

According to Waiting For "Superman" film, if we don't educate our children so properly and prepare for future so most high tech companies are having difficult to find qualified employee in USA so they have to hire from other country or their company could move to other country.

That's not good situation, I want bad teachers to be fired but unfortunately, they are protected under union and tenure so make firing as out of option. However, there are some bad parents that won't take good care of their children so they rather to blame on good teachers.

America is just fucked up.

Spink? I learned a new word today. :lol: Btw, Thrifty here in Riverside is 3.63. Arco's about the same.....

ARCO is a hair cheaper here too. I think $3.79 but I am rarely around one. I haven't seen a Thriftys here.

:lol: Spinked..... Maybe we SHOULD have paid my teachers more.

According to Waiting For "Superman" film, if we don't educate our children so properly and prepare for future so most high tech companies are having difficult to find qualified employee in USA so they have to hire from other country or their company could move to other country.

That's not good situation, I want bad teachers to be fired but unfortunately, they are protected under union and tenure so make firing as out of option. However, there are some bad parents that won't take good care of their children so they rather to blame on good teachers.

America is just fucked up.

Simple, get rid of the unions.....then get rid of the bad teachers. :)

oh, and sometimes bad teachers blame good parents *shrug*

I feel that firefighters, teachers, police officers, and whoever serves the public really deserves better salaries.

I agree. No matter which country they are in, they all deserve quite good salaries.

Shel, I'm curious. Do you feel that many good teachers are now working in private schools or working in an different field?

Simple, get rid of the unions.....then get rid of the bad teachers. :)

oh, and sometimes bad teachers blame good parents *shrug*

Not all teacher unions are bad, just depends on unions. Your anti-union view won't work in state that where heavily union supporters are from, such as California, New York, Maryland, Washington, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Illinois, several to list.

I prefer to push unions to throw bad teachers out of their membership and allow school to fire them without any problem. I don't think that tenure should be used in K-12 public school. I'm thinking about find a solution to remove the bad teachers without take union rights away from all teachers.

Yup, of course, our parent is good and few bad teachers blamed my parent for not urge me to read the book that what I did but they won't believe.

I agree. No matter which country they are in, they all deserve quite good salaries.

Shel, I'm curious. Do you feel that many good teachers are now working in private schools or working in an different field?

I don't know about the rest of the country.....But in Texas teachers in private schools are paid less than those in public schools generally speaking. The teachers that flock to private schools do so more for the surroundings and smaller class sizes.

Not all teacher unions are bad, just depends on unions. Your anti-union view won't work in state that where heavily union supporters are from, such as California, New York, Maryland, Washington, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Illinois, several to list.

Sure it would work. It will never happen. But it would work.

I don't know about the rest of the country.....But in Texas teachers in private schools are paid less than those in public schools generally speaking. The teachers that flock to private schools do so more for the surroundings and smaller class sizes.

Same case in Australia, plus some teachers who are parents would work in private school because once they enrol their kid there then school fees would be reduced.

Sure it would work. It will never happen. But it would work.

There is very ugly alternative: Disband the public school and let local to establish the charter school with voter approved and funded by property tax so they can look to hire good teachers.

I think that mandatory teacher evaluation isn't bad idea so you could pass the law to order union to adopt the monthly teacher evaluation to detect the bad teachers and let union to kick them out of their membership pool. I don't think it would work in state that where heavily union supporters are from, anyway.

At overall, it is not solution at all.

How many foreigners came in the US to become American citizens every year? I predict that some of them will be teachers in order to kick out some American teachers especially in private schools and some colleges. For instance, I have seen many foreigner doctors that are internship in major hospitals.

Back