Are you sick of highly paid teachers?

I am sick of over paid politicians giving themselves raises when people are losing their jobs , and people on fixed incomes are being told they'll not get a
COLA raises for 2 years!
The annual salary for a Congressman is $174,000.

What should the annual salary for a school teacher be?

Teachers would be able to get better pay if there was not so much greed and corrupting going on all the time! In my city the librarians get a clothes allowances! I think this outrageous , tax payers money being use for a cloth allowances! I do not want to pay higher taxes when there is so much greed and corrupting going on!
How much do librarians get paid compared to how much teachers earn in your area?

I like your post, Shel!! :thumb: I will send it to my sister-in-law. She is a 12th grade teacher as well. When the school is closed for the summer and so, she is working as a waitress because my brother and my sister-in-law have to pay their oldest daughter's college tuition and also, their youngest daughter's private school fees (I think).
Is your sister-in-law teaching in a public or private school?

Why does their daughter attend a private school?

School teachers are not the only parents who have to work extra jobs to send their kids to college. :)

The annual salary for a Congressman is $174,000.

What should the annual salary for a school teacher be?

I think if you divide that in half, you will have a very fair pay for both a congressman and a teacher.

I think if you divide that in half, you will have a very fair pay for both a congressman and a teacher.

It depends on how much one values teachers and one values a congressman.

However, I think that split seems fair enough.

It depends on how much one values teachers and one values a congressman.

However, I think that split seems fair enough.

I value the role and importance of a congressperson very much. It is a very important job. But are there any current members of congress that I value and respect? :hmm:

:laugh2: and where is the extra money going to come from.

Granted there may be a few good teachers out there..... but most took the job to have summers off not to mention spring break and winter break. It's not like teacher pay is a new subject.....people who teach now knew what they were getting into......or should have.

Pretty simple......If you take a teaching job for the money.....you made a poor career decision.

Granted there may be a few good teachers out there..... but most took the job to have summers off not to mention spring break and winter break. It's not like teacher pay is a new subject.....people who teach now knew what they were getting into......or should have.

Pretty simple......If you take a teaching job for the money.....you made a poor career decision.

Guess you dont have much respect for teachers and how much work we put in. I work 10 hour days most of the time and I dont get paid for the extra 3 hours I put in each day. Do I do this for fun? Only you can judge.

BTW..i wasnt thinking of summers off and all that when I decided to major in Deaf ed. I did it because I wanted to improve the education for deaf children only to battle against ignorant and political-minded fools.

True

Guess you dont have much respect for teachers and how much work we put in. I work 10 hour days most of the time and I dont get paid for the extra 3 hours I put in each day. Do I do this for fun? Only you can judge.

Again.....if you do it for the money, then it's not a good career choice. *shrug*

And 10 hour days are very short days for my perspective.

Not paid for the extra 3 hours???? Are you hourly?

Again.....if you do it for the money, then it's not a good career choice. *shrug*

Ah..you are one of those people who thinks it is ok that athletes rake in millions of dollars but America's educators are struggling. Thanks for showing all the support.

Wow..sickening.

No, Shel's pay is based on salary, it won't count overtime into salary.

Ah..you are one of those people who thinks it is ok that athletes rake in millions of dollars but America's educators are struggling. Thanks for showing all the support.

Wow..sickening.

Athletes are private contractors....That is the career choice they made. *shrug* If my taxes paid them you can be damn sure I would bitch about it.

Athletes are private contractors....That is the career choice they made. *shrug* If my taxes paid them you can be damn sure I would bitch about it.

Ok fine..home school your kids.

Back