Are you sick of highly paid teachers?

:laugh2: and where is the extra money going to come from.

Granted there may be a few good teachers out there..... but most took the job to have summers off not to mention spring break and winter break. It's not like teacher pay is a new subject.....people who teach now knew what they were getting into......or should have.

Pretty simple......If you take a teaching job for the money.....you made a poor career decision.

You're part of the problem.

I know..... That's my point.

What you are forgetting is that many of us could have said "fuck you to education and teaching" and put little effort to making the best possible education for America's kids especially after Bush's stupid NCLB law but many of us do it because we care. When america stops supporting our teachers, that is when we should stop putting in the effort, heh?

Why should I? America doesnt give a rat's ass about how well I do my job. No freaking raise for 3 years and salary being furloughed but yet I keep on doing it. Now, you just made me wonder why and question myself if I should really put in the effort. Maybe I should put more effort to my family instead of my job. Thank you for showing America's true colors.

Ah..you are one of those people who thinks it is ok that athletes rake in millions of dollars but America's educators are struggling. Thanks for showing all the support.

Wow..sickening.
There are very few professions that can compare with the salaries of professional athletes. Also, the small number of athletes compared with the large number of teachers is not realistic.

Just because athletes do get huge salaries doesn't mean everyone supports those salaries. Also, I rather doubt that if the athletes took a huge salary cut that the difference would end up in teachers' pay checks.

There are very few professions that can compare with the salaries of professional athletes. Also, the small number of athletes compared with the large number of teachers is not realistic.

Just because athletes do get huge salaries doesn't mean everyone supports those salaries. Also, I rather doubt that if the athletes took a huge salary cut that the difference would end up in teachers' pay checks.

Ok...then America's kids will continue to get lousy education. Solves the problem!

The real issue lies in the current state of the Americans and economy, not the government itself :).

My daughter is in College and went to private school. Would you mind refunding the school taxes I have paid for the past 25 years. :)

would you mind giving me a raise that I havent had in the past 3 years?

Lucky you are rich enough to afford it. Nice that you bitch about teacher's salaries. Interesting.

Ok...then America's kids will continue to get lousy education. Solves the problem!
Honestly, I don't see any connection between the salaries of professional athletes and those of teachers.

I don't pay one penny towards any athlete's salary. I don't buy game tickets, Pay Per View sports shows, or team souvenirs.

I do pay many dollars in taxes for teacher salaries. In addition, when my daughter was in school, I paid her tuition to a private Christian school.

I really don't see how reducing athletes' pay will improve American kids' education.

Lucky you are rich enough to afford it. Nice that you bitch about teacher's salaries. Interesting.

I made a different career choice.... *shrug* I didn't get summers off though. Not many weekends off either.

Honestly, I don't see any connection between the salaries of professional athletes and those of teachers.

I don't pay one penny towards any athlete's salary. I don't buy game tickets, Pay Per View sports shows, or team souvenirs.

I do pay many dollars in taxes for teacher salaries. In addition, when my daughter was in school, I paid her tuition to a private Christian school.

I really don't see how reducing athletes' pay will improve American kids' education.

I think her point is that our priorities are screwed up.

What you are forgetting is that many of us could have said "fuck you to education and teaching" and put little effort to making the best possible education for America's kids especially after Bush's stupid NCLB law but many of us do it because we care. When america stops supporting our teachers, that is when we should stop putting in the effort, heh?

Why should I? America doesnt give a rat's ass about how well I do my job. No freaking raise for 3 years and salary being furloughed but yet I keep on doing it. Now, you just made me wonder why and question myself if I should really put in the effort. Maybe I should put more effort to my family instead of my job. Thank you for showing America's true colors.

Im not forgetting that at all. It's a choice.

I'm sorry but there are many people in all kinds of professions and trades who haven't gotten a raise in three years. Teachers aren't the only ones who are hurting financially.

I'm sorry but there are many people in all kinds of professions and trades who haven't gotten a raise in three years. Teachers aren't the only ones who are hurting financially.

No doubt. Better than being in new construction

Those aren't the priorities of everyone.

Movie actors and singers make heaps of money, too. If they earned less, would that really help teachers?

Actually, pro athletes, actors, and singers pay big chunks of taxes. Those taxes help pay for teachers and schools. :hmm:

Define "our" As Reba said she doesn't pay athletes a dime. Athletes get their money from TV contracts. If one has a problem with what athletes make they should stop watching sports.

Define "our" As Reba said she doesn't pay athletes a dime. Athletes get their money from TV contracts. If one has a problem with what athletes make they should stop watching sports.

Something the market drives and they go in droves....:lol:

Interesting... people complain about teachers not being highly qualified, how America's kids being poorly educated and etc and one has to really wonder why. The field of education is not attracting talented and motivated people anymore. The field of education is becoming less desirable. Do we want that for our future generation for Americans?

I guess construction is very important for our future.

I feel that firefighters, teachers, police officers, and whoever serves the public really deserves better salaries.

Interesting... people complain about teachers not being highly qualified, how America's kids being poorly educated and etc and one has to really wonder why. The field of education is not attracting talented and motivated people anymore. The field of education is becoming less desirable. Do we want that for our future generation for Americans?

I guess construction is very important for our future.

I'll remind ya next time your roof leaks. :lol:

Back