Another Pit Bull Story

Oh Lordy,Lordy!! some of you people are so misinformed about pitbulls! its true that they are very strong dogs and not all of them are fighting dogs..but its against the law to train them to be fighting dogs same as cock fighting! We have a very sweet pitbull dog, reason he is a sweet dog cuz we dont train him to be a fighting dog! Its really some bad dudes that do it, for purposes of dog fights for betting big money! its against the law but they still do it, its sad and i totally am against it! My dog loves people that come over our house and the kids down the road, he has never harmed them! the kids love to play with him..its the PEOPLE that makes them MEAN! Pitbulls are not the only kind of dogs that bite people, some mutts (mixed breeds) can be mean too! if they are TRAINED OR MISTREATED. My husband had some pitbulls in the past and he never ever had any problems with them! They are very sweet and very protective of his family! My dog is very smart and he knows that im deaf! he gets my attention if someone is at the door or if the phone is ringing! even though i have a flasher for the door and phone! ha! If people do have mean dogs, then they should be chained up and kept in enclosed fence! and teach children never ever go into the yard where the dogs are chained up! Did you know that a lot of people steal pitbull puppies??? cuz they could be some mean guys wanting to train them for fighting!! We always blame people for making dogs mean no matter what breed..
My heart goes out to that poor little boy, that father must be insane for letting the dogs kill him! He should go to prison for that..its really so heartbreaking to hear that! If those dogs were trained to be fighting dogs or for guarding their homes to protect meth labs or whatever then they should not let the children near them dogs!!
It does not matter what breed dogs, all kinds of dogs can be trained to be vicious dogs!! also they bite for various reasons... Ive been bitten by a Chihuahua dog when i was 3 or 4 years old (neighbor's dog) cuz my mom told me that it just had puppies and i probably did something to piss her off heh! I was bit on the butt when i was eight years old cuz my brother and i teased that dog (mixed breed)..so it was our fault..a lot of times dogs bite cuz they get pissed off if people tease them or hurt them some way.

Cheri said:
Now, Don't be calling names here ...and Press are not always twist stories about Pitbulls if you have seen how many people/Children being attacked by PitBulls then U will know! Its the facts I am sorry to disappointing you...I Never said Pitbulls should be banned I do not think they are good for Family Pets but For Guard Dogs Yes.

YES, the press keep on twisting the story about pitbulls!
Just look for bad press or myths on pit bulls!

Look at this link, and tell me that pitbulls are MONSTERS?

http://pitbulls.iwarp.com/photo.html

Also, please keep your mind open and read the articles in those links.

http://www.nyx.net/~mbur/apbtfaqfaq.html#faq

http://www.badrap.org/rescue/myths.cfm

http://www.badrap.org/rescue/responsible.cfm

http://www.furryfriendsfoundation.com/Truth03/Truth03.htm

I just thought of a good example on the owner's responible thing...

If you had a 5 years old boy, and you was not watching him. He goes next door and beat up the old lady. Do that means it is his own fault or your fault? Do that means he is one mean boy or he just don't know right from wrong?
Think about it!

How am I going to Sit here and Look at Bloody Pictures of dog bitten/Watched the news or read the newspaper seeing how the Children died, And take sides of the dog that did the attack? Sorry I am not going to. It makes me Upset to see Something Like that happening to Children or Babies..Of course You can always blame the owner cuz I Do know its the Law. But, Still the Dogs did the action they are responsible too. That is why they put the dogs to sleep if they attacked anyone....It both of their faults the Dog who did the attacked and the Owner of the Pet...That is how I feel. :ily:

Cheri..why are u singling out pitbulls?? You should not single out pitbulls, there are mixed breeds and other full blooded breeds that bite and kill too!!
its the PEOPLE that makes any kind of dogs mean ok?? Like the gatorboy says, there are killer people too, maim, torture and kill poor defenseless animals!! even kids as young as 8 years have done that!!...i think we should stop discussing this cuz this is getting out of hand!..............

Another thing, about pitbulls,..my dog is a pitbull and he has been around kids and cats! he loves them! he played with our outdoor cat, and they never hurt each other!! so come on quit your hyping on about pitbulls!

cheetahgurl said:
While national statistics show at least 30 breeds have attacked humans, 10 dog breeds are on the Center for Disease Control and Prevention's most dangerous list, meaning they tend to bite the most frequently. They are:

Pit bulls
Rottweilers
German Shepherds
Huskies
Alaskan Malamutes
Doberman Pinschers
Chow Chows
Great Danes
St. Bernards
Akitas

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1058122/posts

Although pit bulls are number one on the most dangerous list, i'm shocked as to the other dogs on the list. A couple are known to be the common family pet. I have rarely seen on the news about any of the other dogs on this list attackin or killing a person. Although it does and could happen.

Now I very much agree that pit bulls are very dangerous. Although I do agree that if trained properly and the owners stay committed to the training that pit bulls can be one of the best dogs. If a dog of any breed, especially pit bull attacks any human the blame should be pointed straight to the owner. They are the one at fault. I know that my pit bull would never attack anyone, (unless it was me or the people in my home) because he is never left unsupervised. We have no children in the home and if there was I would think of a different pet to have around if I thought the child in any harm.

I very much agree with you banjo and I think you brought up some good points.
My husband's sister has a Alaskan Malamutes, hes a big dog but he is a very sweet dog, never has bitten anybody..they have two children and he loves them so im surprised that malamutes are on the list..like i said, its how they were raised.

I never trust pitbull dogs because they have brain defective gene problems. Strange thing about the pitbulls dogs, when their tail are active which means that they are angry and start to get ready to attack. Many people thought that they are happy. You gotta watch out. It's bad idea to have one in your family especially young kids. This is not new to me because I have seen on TV news about many pitbulls that killed the children. There is no way for you to get your child back if the dog attacked for no reason. Most pitbull dogs are far creepy. I did not want to be negative about this issue because that's the way they do in our country.

*Sigh*

This thread is getting out of hand here..... :smash:

As for myself , I see both sides of this and I agree some of it on BOTH sides....There just no simply reason to jump on eachothers because someone dont see it your way....Everyone has their own view on pitbulldogs that doesnt mean theyre wrong...I respect each and everyone of your views...

Keep an open mind on both side of it instead of telling who is wrong and who is right...Remember this is a messager board you cant always be right in everything!...

webexplorer said:
I never trust pitbull dogs because they have brain defective gene problems. Strange thing about the pitbulls dogs, when their tail are active which means that they are angry and start to get ready to attack. Many people thought that they are happy. You gotta watch out. It's bad idea to have one in your family especially young kids. This is not new to me because I have seen on TV news about many pitbulls that killed the children. There is no way for you to get your child back if the dog attacked for no reason. Most pitbull dogs are far creepy. I did not want to be negative about this issue because that's the way they do in our country.
Too bad you feel that way and its your opinion, but not only pitbulls, what about rottweilers, dobermans etc? all kinds of dogs can be dangerous only if they are trained or has been mistreated! even some cats can be dangerous too! Remember people are killers too!!!!!!! some people have brain disorders too ok? so dont single out pitbulls!

Gatorboy00 said:
I just thought of a good example on the owner's responible thing...

If you had a 5 years old boy, and you was not watching him. He goes next door and beat up the old lady. Do that means it is his own fault or your fault? Do that means he is one mean boy or he just don't know right from wrong?
Think about it!

hmmm...I wouldn't call it ' Owner ' for my own children I would called it ' Parents ' and If my 5 years old son went next door and beat up a lady...it will not be my fault because I did not tell him to go beat some old lady up....It would be his fault and he will be grounded....and I may have to pay for medical bills for this lady if he harm her in any way....Children should know between right and wrong and so goes for pets.....believe it or not! thats my final opinion on this....If you had children you would understand what it like to be a parents!

:jaw: Damn the Father!!!! :mad2: :mad: He got a COLD hearted and I would have kick his a$$!!!! Those dogs need to put to sleep NOW!! They are mean and those dogs probably will never turn to a nice dogs, because the father trained those pit bulls to be mean and hateful dogs. Damn the father..

My hearts goes out to this poor boy.. Oh my!! I don't trust any of pit bulls dogs..

Last edited by a moderator:
AHHHHHHHHH!!!

DAMN THOSE @#$%!@ PITBULL HATERS!

Buy a pitbull puppy and raise it the right way and you'll understand why I'm arguing about this issue!

My chihuahua bit me a lot when I was little, while the pitbulls I grew up never bite me!

I grew up with 3 pitbulls and my cousin next door had 5 pitbulls! They never bit me, NOT EVEN ONCE!

It's sad how people just dislike something so quickly when they heard something bad about it!

Example:

Me: Ow! The Mountain Dew can cut my tongue!

Someone who's a dumba$$: That's it! I hate those Mountain Dew cans!

Me: You mean you won't drink any metal cans?

The dumba$$: No, Only the Mountain Dew cans!

Does this sound silly??? That's the same story as those dumba$$ who think pitbulls are bad!

All dogs are alike! I once had a Saint Bernard who came on my property and tried to attack me! Lucky, I had a wooden stick and he ran away when I hit him with it!

Last edited:
Cheri said:
How am I going to Sit here and Look at Bloody Pictures of dog bitten/Watched the news or read the newspaper seeing how the Children died, And take sides of the dog that did the attack? Sorry I am not going to. It makes me Upset to see Something Like that happening to Children or Babies..Of course You can always blame the owner cuz I Do know its the Law. But, Still the Dogs did the action they are responsible too. That is why they put the dogs to sleep if they attacked anyone....It both of their faults the Dog who did the attacked and the Owner of the Pet...That is how I feel. :ily:

If it's any dogs, then I agree with you. I just don't like it when people point their fingers at pitbulls!

Since this thread is becoming argumentative, I decided to move to On-topic Debate. This thread will be okay in On-topic forum as long as personal attack is discouraged. Keep the debate to the topic itself, do not encourage or force one's opinion to think otherwise.

Thanks,

Scott

Gatorboy00, I understand how you feel... I´m sorry how you felt like this when we think bad about pitbulls. Yes, I am agree that pitbulls are not only one but also other dog fighters, too.
You are lucky to have good pitbulls...

Yes, I´m agree that the dog fighters receive correct upbringing..., also love & attention...

I´m sorry to tell you the bad news about pitbull which I learn today at work place...

It was happenend last Friday evening, the 7 years old niece of my work colleague from other Division was bite by her own pet 5 years old pitbull. Lucky is her parents are there to save her life.
Her left arm to shoulder was torn with open wound & rush to hospitail - 15 stitches! We are happy to know that she´s survived...
WHY? because she & her brother screamed each other angrily to make their pet pillbull Claria more aggressive which she never do like that before...
She was very loving & friendly to children until now for a first time... They all spoil her & love her too much... Why suddenly?
Nobody understand why because her parents bought puppy from breeder in Austria with special certificate. They received alot of tip from the breeder how to take care of pillbull... ???

Sure, look the photo of loving pitbull with children but how long?

We already talked about the difference between bull terrier & pitbulls because we are total surprise that bull terrier is not on list where cheetahgurl add the website... We don´t understand because bull terrier belong to dangerous list.
We also are surprised about Huskies, too... :dunno:

I inquired them about ban the bull dogs around the Germany... They said to me that it´s not whole the Germany but some of area are accept to have pitbulls & bull terriers, also other dog fighters, too.

If you want to buy bull terriers or pitbulls then go to Austria with the special permission from German law but more less breeders for pitbulls & terriers than before because of very expensive expenses etc..... That´s what I learn everything from my work colleague today...
Some of my work colleagues said the same as Banjo, WBHarley, Gatorboy00 & Defee...

There´re different opinions over breed the bull dogs at my work... Discussion like what we did here...

To me, I rather not own dog fighters because of my children.. I prefer to get family dog who love children... It´s more safety...

Last edited:
Gatorboy00 said:
If it's any dogs, then I agree with you. I just don't like it when people point their fingers at pitbulls!
Exactly!! thats what im trying to say! dont point at pitbulls only!! any dog can be dangerous, whether they are pure breds or just mutts!

Defee said:
Exactly!! thats what im trying to say! dont point at pitbulls only!! any dog can be dangerous, whether they are pure breds or just mutts!

Any Dogs? I never seen a Golden Receiver attack anyone else....Or Any Dogs U are thinking of Hon....The List show the Charts of Dogs that attacked...Do u see anything that says about Golden Receiver Or Any Other Dogs that are Out there in the World Today.. I only look at What kind of Dogs that attacked...and Already did. :ily:

Cheri said:
Any Dogs? I never seen a Golden Receiver attack anyone else....Or Any Dogs U are thinking of Hon....The List show the Charts of Dogs that attacked...Do u see anything that says about Golden Receiver Or Any Other Dogs that are Out there in the World Today.. I only look at What kind of Dogs that attacked...and Already did. :ily:

Actually, a friend of mine... his dog was mauled by a golden retriver a few years ago.

The dog sunk its teeth into the other dog's head causing it to die.

Banjo said:
Actually, a friend of mine... his dog was mauled by a golden retriver a few years ago.

The dog sunk its teeth into the other dog's head causing it to die.

I do not believe that show me Proof.. Otherwise I won't believe it....Sorry.. Never saw on the News about that. :smash:

Cheri said:
I do not believe that show me Proof.. Otherwise I won't believe it....Sorry.. Never saw on the News about that. :smash:

Proof?

It happened 4 years ago, and it was on a farm. It didn't even make the newspaper. I only knew of this because I knew the person.

The dog that was mauled by the golden retriever was a mutt. I can't remember what it was, but I'm certain it was part Austrian Shephard.

I'm sorry, but I don't proof to offer. But I do know that it was a Golden Retriever that mauled and killed my friend's dog.

Last edited:
Back