Another Pit Bull Story

WBHarley

Yes, I know what I stated an earlier that Dobermans
Rottweiler, large dogs (fighter dogs, I mean) are of course good dogs when they receive alot of attention, love etc from their owners... but pitbulls?

Yes, I met some of Dobermans, Rottwieler here... they are lame sometimes.
we are not against kind of fighter dogs like this but I rather not own them because of those children...

WBHarley said:
Liebling,

Pet owners train their dogs properly. then your kids are very lucky to have a GOOD owner who train their dog properly with your kids around!!

Yes Huskie are also known to be attack IF Not taking care properly

Wendy

yeah, it´s very interesting to know that huskies are not lame sometimes... accord upbringing... true...

Cheri said:
It has nothing to do with being Trained Properly some dogs were raise very sweet and the right way and sometimes Dogs snaps and hurt someone else nobody knows why... I Have seen alot of people said that they dont know why their dog did that they felt bad for it when their dogs attacked someone else...
yea i agree with u.. this is very true!!!! this is soo poor boy died!! make my heart very sad abt him.. god n angel took him to heaven with them... gosh.. made me so mad at his dad dont come out for his help cried!! sheshh

TweetyBird said:
yea i agree with u.. this is very true!!!! this is soo poor boy died!! make my heart very sad abt him.. god n angel took him to heaven with them... gosh.. made me so mad at his dad dont come out for his help cried!! sheshh

yeah... VERY sad.. poor innocent boy...
what his father did make me REAL mad...

Liebling:-))) said:
yeah... VERY sad.. poor innocent boy...
what his father did make me REAL mad...
yea i know.. sigh.. he should be in jail forever or death row in jail.. sheshh.. i just wondering abt his momma??? :ugh:

Remember the pitbull's locking jaw stories that you've heard about?

It's a myth.

Is it true that Pit Bulls can lock their jaw?

The infamous locking jaw is a myth. The American Pit Bull Terrier and related breeds are physiologically no different from any other breed of dog. All dogs are from the same species and none have locking jaws. Dr. I Lehr Brisbin of the University of Georgia states, "To the best of our knowledge, there are no published scientific studies that would allow any meaningful comparison to be made of the biting power of various breeds of dogs. There are, moreover, compelling technical reasons why such data describing biting power in terms of 'pounds per square inch' can never be collected in a meaningful way. All figures describing biting power in such terms can be traced to either unfounded rumor or, in some cases, to newspaper articles with no foundation in factual data." Furthermore, Dr. Brisbin states, "The few studies which have been conducted of the structure of the skulls, mandibles and teeth of pit bulls show that, in proportion to their size, their jaw structure and thus its inferred functional morphology, is no different than that of any breed of dog. There is absolutely no evidence for the existence of any kind of 'locking mechanism' unique to the structure of the jaw and/or teeth of the American Pit Bull Terrier."

Are Pit Bulls naturally aggressive towards humans?

While many Pit Bulls do tend to be aggressive towards other DOGS (as are most terriers), the normal, well raised Pit Bull has NO human-aggressive tendencies! In fact, human-aggression was actually bred out of the breed. The majority of Pit Bulls are affectionate, intelligent, trainable dogs.

In fact, the highest obedience trial record of all time is held by an American Pit Bull Terrier named Maddy!

http://www.austinlostpets.com/kidskorner/2October/pitbull.htm

Banjo,
I want to say but you are faster....

I brought those subject over pitbulls to my husband during converstion but my husband correct me... it´s Bull Terrier, not pitbulls...

I´m apology for my mistakes to confuse between pitbulls & bull terrier...

It´s bull terrier what I talking about is ban to breed more bull terrier in the Germany..., not pitbulls...

Sorry again for confusing... me :slap:

Yeah, I am agree that pitbulls are also dangerous than other fighter dogs... :Oops: :Oops: :Oops:

Me :slap:

Last edited:
Yeah, I am agree that pitbulls are also dangerous like other fighter dogs... :Oops: :Oops: :Oops:

The dangerous pitbulls we tend to see on the news are usually the result of bad breeding.

The majority of the pitbull population are actually wonderful "family" pets and very protective of the children in their households.

We have to stop these bad breeders from breeding pitbulls for the wrong purposes. These bad breeders breed dangerous pitbulls from outside the pitbull breeding.

If one is not mean enough, it is shot and removed from the gene pool. That's what happen in so many cases. These dogs are actually the minority, very tiny that is if you compared to the amount of pitbulls owned by families.

I´m apology for my mistakes to confuse between pitbulls & bull terrier...

Yeah, I am agree that pitbulls are also dangerous than other fighter dogs.

No worries, everybody make a mistake sometimes.

its SO devasting to see dogs not being treated right, considering the fact i have two dogs here and both are good dogs very protective too, Still the concept of treating dogs like thier things its inhumane, i love my lilo and maxi and don't like seeing us dog lovers to have bad names for owning one. its very sad and the neglect that the dad did on his own kid should use some common sense! i would NEVER allow this! i rather check the reason before bitching at the postman why he came onto the property only to find out the kid got hurt had this prevented then none of this would have happeend! and ofc he pretty much killed his own family having guns and drugs in the household shows me he never should have been the father, if he wanted to do drugs and have guns around then he should have chopped off his wee wee! RME at him

People who mistreat dogs will likely be attacked by someone ....AND Animals attacked people for unknown reason ...so it goes Both ways ....Don't just blame it on the ' Owners ' Only but blame it on Both ' Owners and Pets '....That's my opinion!... :mrgreen:

Cheri said:
How can u say that? U saying every person who gets attacked because they did something to the dog? What did the old lady next door deserved that? she did not go near the dog yet or done anything to the dogs the dogs went over her area of home and attacked her on her Property...Yes it's the owner fault but that doesnt mean you have to do something to the dogs to attacked you...

the Fact is that Pitbulls have an aggressive trait in there bloodline ... Ask the Pet Store or Kennels they will tell u the same thing.

I have watched animal planets too and I have seen animals been treated badly but not all of the attacked anyone some are friendly and scared some are aggressive cuz they don't know who you are and they might think you are trying to hurt the dog so they will attacked yes it happens I have seen it on animal Planet and the other show about "Animals Gone Bad" I have seen Video Tips of Children, Babies, Adult getting attacked for no reason and with a reason.

I am a former ower of staffordshire ( Pitbulls ).. Another deaf friend he own former staffordshire too!

yes I DO KNOW That pitbull can be aggressive ~~~~~~~WHY and HOW ?????
because The owner "SICS" Them to do it, order them to attack another Dogs!

Dogs attack people in order of "guarding their terrority because the Owner Trained the dogs that way! so THAT child happen to be in the YARD! the dogs were protecting their terroirity!

Just like doberman, rottweiler and german dogs were trained to attack people if they don't listen to the cops.. the cops tell them go attack..

Who's fault is that ???

OWNER's fault for that.... the FATHER neglect and he also "abuse" his ownership with his dogs too!

shaking my head!

http://www.vegaskennels.com/facts.html

The facts:
In 1936, thanks to "Pete the Pup" in the Lil Rascals, who familiarized a wider audience with the APBT, the AKC registered The American Pit Bull Terrier as the "Staffordshire Terrier". This name was changed to "American Staffordshire Terrier" (AST) in 1972 to distinguish it from its smaller, "froggier", English cousin the Staffordshire Bull Terrier. During this time period, and the years that preceded it, the APBT was a well-liked dog in America. At this time the APBT was considered an ideal family pet. Because of his fun-loving, forgiving temperament, the breed was rightly considered an excellent dog for families with small children. Even if most of them couldn't identify the breed by name, kids of the Lil Rascals generation wanted a companion just like "Pete the Pup". During the First World War, there was an American propaganda poster that represented the rival European nations with their national dogs dressed in military uniforms; and in the center representing the United States was an APBT declaring in a caption below: "I'm neutral, but not afraid of any of them." Click Here to see one of the old WWI posters featuring an APBT.

Another interesting:

http://www.nyx.net/~mbur/apbtfaqfaq.html#q4

One thing I picked something out too : surprising....

Did Hellen Keller really own a "Pit Bull"?

Yes, she did. So have other famous people such as Fred Astaire, President Theodore Roosevelt, and General George Patton. Currently, people such as Michael J. Fox, Stephany Kramer, Jan Michael Vincent, and Jeremy Miller own or have owned an APBT

And on the " Introduction "
The American Pit Bull Terrier (APBT) is a descendent of the original English bull-baiting Bulldog and has historically been bred with working/performance goals in mind. The challenge of describing the American Pit Bull Terrier inevitably invites a long sequence of superlatives. The APBT is a supremely athletic, highly versatile, adaptive, gushingly affectionate, eager-to-please, all-around family dog. In courage, resolve, indefatigableness, indifference to pain, and stubborn perseverance in overcoming any challenge, the APBT has no equal in the canine world. Although the APBT was once used as a national symbol of courage and pride, the breed is largely misunderstood today.

found @ http://www.nyx.net/~mbur/apbtfaqover.html#over

This is what I mean it is OWNER who mistreat them, and TRAIN them how to attack etc.. these types of dogs are loveable with children as well too! Im tired of people begin to get misunderstood about animals....

^Angel^ said:
People who mistreat dogs will likely be attacked by someone ....AND Animals attacked people for unknown reason ...so it goes Both ways ....Don't just blame it on the ' Owners ' Only but blame it on Both ' Owners and Pets '....That's my opinion!... :mrgreen:

Both is true in "someway" not always

I respect your opinions too! :)

WBHarley said:
I am a former ower of staffordshire ( Pitbulls ).. Another deaf friend he own former staffordshire too!

yes I DO KNOW That pitbull can be aggressive ~~~~~~~WHY and HOW ?????
because The owner "SICS" Them to do it, order them to attack another Dogs!

Dogs attack people in order of "guarding their terrority because the Owner Trained the dogs that way! so THAT child happen to be in the YARD! the dogs were protecting their terroirity!

Just like doberman, rottweiler and german dogs were trained to attack people if they don't listen to the cops.. the cops tell them go attack..

Who's fault is that ???

OWNER's fault for that.... the FATHER neglect and he also "abuse" his ownership with his dogs too!

shaking my head!

I am sorry I disagree.. what about Pitbulls going over someone else Property? Cuz someone was in their Terrority??? Let me Go off topic a little bit let me explain something My Dad own a dog called American eskimo Beauitful Dog My dad brought it for my Sister and Brother for Christmas years ago and raise her up real good.. My dad did not tell the dog to attacked anyone or how to attacked I know because I lived there with my dad and my Step Mother Years Years ago.. One day the Dog went out side during her time to do her business a Girl who was 8 was outside playing running My Dad's Dog Ran by her and bit her for no totally reason.. Now u tell me was that because someone told the dog to do that? No... was She trained to do that No! There so it goes both ways.. not always because the owner tells the dogs or train the dogs to attacked.. Sometimes Dogs snaps and it does happen. There are some Dogs Protect their family like My parents and She thought that little girl was out to hurt us but she wasn't...

Last edited:
Cheri said:
I am sorry I disagree.. what about Pitbulls going over someone else Property?
Again Cheri, if a pit bull was to leave their yard to go into someone elses yard and attack them the blame is on the owner. If you own a dog that is known to be dangerous then you need to take extra precautions. Like I said before I know that my pit would never attack anyone because he is never left unattended. I f the owners of these certain type of dogs even cared a little bit about the well being of others they would do the same and not put their dog in a position to attack.

Did you know that in some states pit bulls are used for police dogs and/or search dogs. They can be trained to be good dogs.

As for huskies being violent, thats a given they were breed from wolves

Again Banjo could posts, you got some good info to support pit bulls as being loving dogs if trained right.

Sometimes, it has something to do with its surroundings. If a dog moves to a new place, it's scared and not used to its surroundings. They don't bite or bark at their neighbors? That's cuz at the old home, the dog sees those people all the time so it knows everyone already. If the dog was moved elsewhere, then everyone it sees is unrecognized... a stranger. Other things are how dogs are raised. No, I'm not referring to training. I'm referring to what they got when they were received. Most places will give dogs special shots to neutralize their hyperactivity in the future. They also usually neuter/spay them. When they are neutered/spayed, they are less likely to urinate around the house and more likely to keep calm. Male dogs that aren't neutered are likely to be hyper and "masculine" so they get macho-like and rough. My parents made a big mistake when they got 2 dalmations. It actually created a lot of problems for them. Dalmations are not exactly house dogs so they are not recommended for homes with kids. The 2 dogs my parents got were never neutered or received their shots. They were purchased directly from a breeder and both were brothers. To make things worse, one is deaf. Deaf or not, it was difficult to train them. You tell one dog to do something and he will look at the other thinking that you're talking to both of them. Since the other isn't doing anything, then he will assume that is what is supposed to be done... nothing. My parents have had these dogs for over 5 years and neither of them know any command. All they do is bark at people that they don't know. Both are gay as well and hump each other outside in front of the window of the kitchen! :eek:

I just know that pit bulls and other breeds of dogs can instantly turn aggressive and violent without any warnings. I've heard it happen. It doesn't always depend on how well the dog was trained or raised by the owners.
The only category I do acknowledge is those people who train dogs specifically for violence and protecting meth labs or their homes...yes, that can go wrong.

It's the other category whereas the dogs were trained properly and a proper family dog that instantly turned aggressive.

Remember, dogs used to be wild for thousands of years before they were domesticated. Wild dogs are very aggressive, feral and possessive of their terrorities. Those types will attack just about anything that intrudes its terroritory. Despite being domesticated, dogs and other tamed animals do still have instilled natural instinct from their wild ancestors, passed along. You know what I mean?

Back