AllDeaf Upgrade - 12/06/2003

:bowdown: WTG Alex :thumb: you deserved a :slap: xxx I mean a pat in the back not your head for updating the AD! :naughty:

bbnt said:
Everything looks good but it's too wide. I have to move a space bar at the bottom so I can see everything
Hi BBNT,

Are you still experiencing problems with the site's width? If so, what's your current screen resolution? It would also help if you can provide a screenshot of your browser displaying AllDeaf and the width problem.

Bullym0m said:
Alex,

In my brainstormed... Wha.. about the...
" alldeaf.com v3 > Support Forums
How to use the AllDeaf Forum " U see the top of left corner "

Why don't use scroll down little bottom not toooooo bottom..
when you scroll down while reading the fourms.. then finished click at the once alldeaf.com or Main forums or general discussions Instead scroll up back to top and click it to jump the forums where back it was. Too much hassle..
*hmmmmmmm*
Thanks for reminding me. In the older version, I had to add a link code to the bottom of the template so that users don't have to scroll up to be linked to another page. I'll work on that soon.

Ziusudra said:
I must say, I have a few complaints. One, the text used is a bit large. I'm also finding it much slower to load than the previous version. And the colours used are a bit bright, I preferred the old blue colour.
You may be experiencing a slower loading time due to the following reason(s):

1) A member's image signature is slowly loading from a busy remote server, thus affecting the page loading time at AD.

2) The Google AdSense banner (remotely hosted) takes a little more time to load compared to the other locally hosted banners.

3) Beats me. :mrgreen:

Over here my site loads pretty much the same as it did before the software upgrade. I only notice half a second extra load time everytime the Google AdSense banner is being displayed.

VamPyroX said:
Here's the original:
:thumb: The AD text came out pixelated. Perhaps you would like for me to send you the original PSD file so that text looks better. PM me if interested.

Thanks all for the suggestions and positive comments regarding the new AD look. You know I try to improve my site's look and functionality, and make it as user-friendly as possible. :wiggle:

Been so busy allweek with my son at the Mass General Hospital and Dana Farber Center (Jimmy Fund) where He get his Radiation daily Mon to Fri and chemo on Friday but he also had one on monday due of not having his "BM" on last friday soo.. This week was too much for both of us. sean lost a bit of weight as I notice but He is doing great so far... ANYWAY... catching up on alldeaf as much as i can i often didn't click "each topic" but would click some topic that I would though benefit for me to read to unwind my stress from driving 2 hours -more hours in traffics... Anyway Alex, I have to say this, the templete you mention (I found that on page 3).. I have to say with light and dark.. AhhhH The dark one I like it.. more "easier" for me I tend get migraine/tension headaches often light colors and/or the lights in anywhere (outdoor indoors LOL) gives me headaches but with the dark. Ahh It helped reduce a bit for me due of reading.. that's why I am posting now and would like to say thank you for adding something in here....

Wendy

I like it, it's not so bad! Good work, Alex! :thumb:

PS: Need to fix my avatar, it's not working lately. ;)
XOXO

e said:
I like it, it's not so bad! Good work, Alex! :thumb:

PS: Need to fix my avatar, it's not working lately. ;)
XOXO
I'll be happy to fix it for you! Just PM me with the image you want and I'll fix it up for you! :thumb:

Alex -- ive noticed the AD color style (light, dark) doesnt STAY set as it should be when the member change it to dark (which i prefer and so does MizzDeaf LOL) -- is there any way we can just have it set at dark or other options when available and have it as a default setting qq

Fly Free said:
Alex -- ive noticed the AD color style (light, dark) doesnt STAY set as it should be when the member change it to dark (which i prefer and so does MizzDeaf LOL) -- is there any way we can just have it set at dark or other options when available and have it as a default setting qq
It stays at the dark setting for me. Are you switching computers or is your internet browser set where your cookies are being deleted?

Vampy -- we use the same compy and ive figured this out to make it as default -- so disregard my question -- mucho gracias Vampy :D

Alex,
In my mind boing "bulb went on" Idea..

Wonder if can you make different color opitions let everyones feel comfortable pick their favorite color on background and fonts etc etc.. like this..

I *click* ahh nice color down better than bright color.. I wish I could choose beautiful background on alldeaf.com of my choice... but doesn't matter if you can do that ?? Depend how much can you work on it ? Let me know.
:dunno:~ Depends on you..

Bullym0m said:
Alex,
In my mind boing "bulb went on" Idea..

Wonder if can you make different color opitions let everyones feel comfortable pick their favorite color on background and fonts etc etc.. like this..

I *click* ahh nice color down better than bright color.. I wish I could choose beautiful background on alldeaf.com of my choice... but doesn't matter if you can do that ?? Depend how much can you work on it ? Let me know.
:dunno:~ Depends on you..

:deal: Honey, you didn't read the previous posts! Check #51 ( http://alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=149490&postcount=51 )!!!

Deaf258 said:
:deal: Honey, you didn't read the previous posts! Check #51 ( http://alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=149490&postcount=51 )!!!
Yeah I know.. I already done that changed color like this.. turn to dark color perfect..
Just My idea.. sumth'n different more than optional colors like CODE..
for example.. when I want pick er um.. Green background.. then next pick code for RED.. make looks XMAS merrier colors on background..

extra example: color tag [#003476] background scroll box (Green)
color tag [#999673] box background (Red)
color tag [#882373] background (Light Sage green)
color tag [#000886] Color fonts (White)

not real number of tag color.. just simply example eh...
Let them loved to pick their own choice colors..
If possible Alex can do that modifty box of tag color codes
Undy what am I mentioned about it ? If not.. so then I can bring example images. okay :)

Deaf258 said:
yeah, it's a pain in the ass to install such thing, but it is doable.
Likely pain ass yes.. lot of work on code script scroll box of choice.. Depend on Alex's hands. :)

Back