AllDeaf Meet - 30 Jan, 2010 in NYC

Who, me? Look at my name. That's who.

well then hi there Douglas. You're welcome to come to AD Happy Hour :wave:

you mentioned that you know 2 people here in this thread. May I ask who?

Can you pick up me to restaurant and Arctica Bar from Pod Hotel. If can't make it, I will take cab.

I could but I was thinking of taking subway to city since I saw the parking on that street is 1-hr parking until 10PM.

no need to take cab. You can easily take 6-train down (51st Street Station) to 28th Street Station.

I could but I was thinking of taking subway to city since I saw the parking on that street is 1-hr parking until 10PM.

no need to take cab. You can easily take 6-train down (51st Street Station) to 28th Street Station.

Sure, how far is from Pod Hotel to Bistango Restaurant?

Update Info

7PM reservation @ Bistango Restaurant (italian) - 415 Third Avenue (29th Street - map)
10PM reservation @ Arctica Bars n' Grill - 384 3 Avenue (27th Street - map)

only 2-3 blocks away! any problem - PM/email/txt/fb me. See ya'all there :cool2:

PERFECT!! I am able to get exact LI bus & subway directions. I won't have any trouble finding the Bistango. :ty:Thanx Jiro!! Woot I can't wait for Saturday!

Thank you. I will take subway

I'm most likely going to take subway too but I will try to find a suitable parking spot around in case people need a ride....

The metro subway from Pod Hotel is only up the street - just need to take the downtown & brookyln train - only to get off on the 28th street

The metro subway from Pod Hotel is only up the street - just need to take the downtown & brookyln train - only to get off on the 28th street

simply put - take 1-train downtown

Seedy places, too crowded, and messy. It has been 8 years so my memory is vague.
Sorry but that is not correct. Chicago is one of the cleanest cities around. Maybe it's the high crime rate you are talking about but you don't have to go to the seedy places where there is high crime. Even just outside the city in one of the suburbs would be nice. Or if in the City I would recommend The Loop area.

Okay, this is Thursday and a few of you will be in NYC this weekend. Therefore, I want to wish all of you who are blessed with being able to go to the AD meet in NYC and very wonderful weekend, filled with enjoyable and memorable times. I feel bad that I can't be there, but know that I will be thinking about all of you and know that you will have a blast even if it is snowing.

Sorry but that is not correct. Chicago is one of the cleanest cities around. Maybe it's the high crime rate you are talking about but you don't have to go to the seedy places where there is high crime. Even just outside the city in one of the suburbs would be nice. Or if in the City I would recommend The Loop area.
:confused: Chicago?

I was talking about Chinatown in NYC..didn't you ask why the AD meet isn't being held in Chinatown?

I was talking about Chinatown in NYC..didn't you ask why the AD meet isn't being held in Chinatown?

:lol: I can see why there was a confusion. Rock said "Chi Town" and you thought he was talking about Chinatown.

we do call it c-town.

I have been to Chicago once..it was very nice.

Back