AD Pet Peeves

If you were taught how, then why continuing doing it? I'm curious.

Huh? :confused: I did not continue doing it...

not example, I used like that until Angel taught me how to do that...

AllDeaf.com - View Single Post - worried woman

and then Angel is happy what I did like that...

AllDeaf.com - View Single Post - Obama A Smoker.... and continue like that instead of example like what Hear Again used like that..

Please accept my apology for use your post as an example, Hear Again... I only show the example what I did like what you did until Angel taught me.

You're right Liebling , I must wasn't paying attention to how you've done it differently. My apology. :lol:

The other way to quote a post or multiple posts is to place the quote tags in the post yourself. Simply copy and paste the text you want to quote between the tags
[*QUOTE]Hey!!....[/QUOTE*] (remove stars)

It's very easy. :)

If you don't mind Cheri, I would like to add that you can name a person that typed the quote.

Example below

[*QUOTE=Name]......... [/QUOTE]

You can also refer to post by putting post number

[*QUOTE=Name;###]..........[/QUOTE]

that's okay, liebling.

i really don't know what to do about the multiple quoting since i use a braille display.

hopefully other ad'ers will understand that it's not easy for me to copy and paste individual posts.

the only other way i could get around this problem is to write several replies in response to each quoted post.

If you don't mind Cheri, I would like to add that you can name a person that typed the quote.

Example below

[*QUOTE=Name].........

You can also refer to post by putting post number

[*QUOTE=Name;###]..........[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Right, I don't mind at all. and :ty:

that's okay, liebling.

i really don't know what to do about the multiple quoting since i use a braille display.

hopefully other ad'ers will understand that it's not easy for me to copy and paste individual posts.

the only other way i could get around this problem is to write several replies in response to each quoted post.

No, I really don't have problem with anyone's posts including your post. Remember, you are not alone but some ADers did the same what you did... If I want to quote your post then I can paste your post over my quote post to response you something... I don't mind doing it...

Don't have to change for anyone but yourself... If you feel comfortable with the way what you made posts then stick it... They have to learn to accept what you are...

My newest pet peeve is when a member (who is not a moderator) makes a comment about closing another member's thread. Rude!

. . . I'm also a grammar nazi, but only when it comes to my posts. I would never dream of criticizing another ad'er on their writing skills . . . (by the way, in case people are wondering why I type in all lowercase letters, it's because of my severe carpal tunnel. I don't have the strength to use the shift key to type capital letters.)

I'm the same way, Hear Again. By the way, when I only want to quote a section of what another person said (in this case, you're my guinea pig), I use the ellipsis ( . . . ). Also, just for you, I capitalized the personal pronouns like I used to, but have quit it because of being tired of it.

As for the carpal tunnel, don't worry about using the shift key . . . we'll let you slide and others with ct. :hug:

Grammar is a big issue with me, as I know a lot of deafs write just like they sign, which they shouldn't be doing, especially when writing.

One of my pet peeve is when there is a member that is disturbing other members and leaving stupid remarks in serious threads or makes no posts that are on topic in any thread they post.

Grammar is a big issue with me, as I know a lot of deafs write just like they sign, which they shouldn't be doing, especially when writing.

same here... same here.... Lot of newspapers out there are mostly at 4-7th grade level. People should AT LEAST be able to write PROPER sentence otherwise... they cannot be understood by many.

cool some of u have pet peeves that re related with misspelling and grammars and my pet peeves re the ones that likes to correct or rather over correct my grmmar when in fact i like to misspell and screw up my own grammar just because it goes against society s way of thinking in other words its fun!!! anyway my real pet peeve is uhhh well deaf ppl that likes to go all in my face a bout rumors and backstabbing stuff when i clearly say i dont care about them /shrugs

same here... same here.... Lot of newspapers out there are mostly at 4-7th grade level. People should AT LEAST be able to write PROPER sentence otherwise... they cannot be understood by many.

People do not like to be singled out on grammatical errors.

Sometimes I have a hard time understanding some who writes in ASL, there are times I get what they're saying, and there are times that I don't. It's not that it bothers me, it doesn't because I could always ask for clarification. ;)

yeah i understand what u mean cheri if they re bad in grammars they cent help it some ppl re dysexic some ppl just like to misspell its better to be patience and ask what they meant cuz majority of deaf ppl does have a tendency to type or write in asl instead of english due to the fact its their main language well for most part anyway and as for me i m just too dam lazy to use puntaricals its so much of the pain in the ass lol

People do not like to be singled out on grammatical errors.

Sometimes I have a hard time understanding some who writes in ASL, there are times I get what they're saying, and there are times that I don't. It's not that it bothers me, it doesn't because I could always ask for clarification. ;)

:werd: That is true. They should not be singled out but they should be aware of it that they need to improve their grammar skill if they want to be understood by many. Not doing so is a sign of ignorance. It's nearly as bad as not knowing basic English as American citizen.

Beside - it's not that hard.... as I said - many newspapers/articles' grammars are designed to be understood by 4-7th graders.

thers a 7 graders taht reads the statsitcs of economics sipping coffee in a cafe each morning? i just cant imagine that XD

My problem with AD

I love AD! My only problem is that the AD women are not lining up to go on a date with me... Where is my D or HH future wife? (who is young enough to have kids).

Alex does a great job.

Back