13 year old boy becomes...

At 13, I was only worried about covering up my one annoying pimple when it came around once a month!

My chronic nightmare was sleeping in the whole school year and waking up the morning of the exam which would explain why I was a real bookworm! :lol: [that dream still haunts me!]

Because he has a baby face and so innocent looking. :roll:

Just like the woman that had 8 babies!

Media loves that sort of frenzy.

The boy's Cute innocent remarks. But I realized now that the media just exploited him just like they wanted to.

Yes, I have to give you right on this.

Yes I know The Sun is not respectful newspaper... that´s why I need update about them... until we got updated from some posters here... I am totally appalled after read the article, Jillo posted.

Yes, I think what Babyblue said had quite a bit to do with it. Also, he and his family seemed to have no problem in talking to the media. Maybe the others weren't so willing to come forward. Had this been my son, I know I wouldn't have been willing to talk to the media. No way would I have wanted to give him any impression that this is acceptable.

Yes I second that. It seem to me that they want the world´s attention.

It supposed between the parents and children, not media and internet.

My both boys spread the "The SUN" article out to their friends via email. They can read the English and look at pictures.

Granted, it is our human flaw to see it and we fail to yet to think about it before making such judgment.
I don't know if it is just me but the way I think about the Media is - Their purpose is to get a reaction out of the public and to garner the attention, no matter how extreme the story may seem to be.

Agreed. Reactions sell papers.

Baby-faced dad, 13, raises "broken Britain" fears

LONDON – Ahhh, Britain. The land of Shakespeare and the Beatles, Churchill and the Queen. Rolling green hills, groovy London shops, hip plaids splashed over raincoats and umbrellas.

Cut to the reality of 2009: the highest teen pregnancy rate in western Europe, a binge drinking culture that leaves drunk teens splayed out in the streets and rising knife crime that has turned some pub fights into deadly affairs.

Ahhh, Britain.

In the latest symbol of what some are calling "broken Britain," 13-year-old Alfie and his 15-year-old girlfriend Chantelle became parents last week. The news sparked a flurry of handwringing from the media — and even ordinary folk admitted it didn't help that Alfie barely looked 10, let alone 13, as he cradled his newborn daughter.

Alfie's father, who reportedly has nine or 10 children of his own, gamely promised to have a "birds and the bees" chat with his son to prevent him from producing a second child before he grows facial hair.

Somehow that was not reassuring.

Sir Bernard Ingham, once press secretary to former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, told the Associated Press that people from across Britain's political spectrum are in despair over the country's social breakdown.

"It's an indication that we've lost our way, that people don't know the difference between right and wrong," he said of young Alfie. "The plain fact is society can't proceed on this basis. I think this is an indication of broken Britain."

Ingham said Britain's binge drinking and youth violence reflect the same general fall in standards and discipline.

"I think in time there will be a swing against this permissiveness," he said, noting a shift from British debauchery in the 18th century to Victorian straight-laced standards 100 years later.

Binge drinking has produced a rise in liver disease among Britons in their 20s and the unpleasant reputation of British "lager louts" at holiday resorts across Europe.

On any given night, London residents can see drunken teens staggering through the Underground subway system. Usually their friends help them, but sometimes collapsed teens are left on their own until police or transit staff intervene.

The rise in knife crime harkens back to the 1950s "West Side Story" era in the United States. The number of robberies carried out with knives rose 18 percent for the third quarter of 2008 compared to the year before, according to government figures released in January.

Too often now, public disputes have ended in teen stabbing deaths. Rob Knox, an 18-year-old actor in a "Harry Potter" film, was killed in May, while Ben Kinsella, the 16-year-old brother of a television soap actress, was stabbed to death in June. Both were trying to break up fights in London.

Other, less well-known youths have also died in knife fights.

All this was bemoaned, but the final straw came this week, when Britain's intensely competitive tabloids focused on the young, clueless Alfie.

Alfie's daughter Maisie was reportedly conceived when he was 12. Chantelle's parents let the lad spend the night with their daughter, 14 at the time, at their public housing unit near Eastbourne, 70 miles southeast of London.

There are still some questions about the birth. The Sun newspaper did not say whether any tests were conducted to prove the boy's paternity, and The Sunday Times reported that at least two other teens claimed to have slept with the young mother.

Alfie told The Sun he plans to look after his newborn daughter. But in a heartbreaking interview, the boy admitted he didn't know what the word "financially" meant and acknowledged he doesn't even get an allowance.

While some saw a larger portrait of society's ills in Maisie's birth to underage parents, others called it an aberration.

"I think it's really shocking and sad," said Duncan Lees, 36, a caterer. "I think it's really wrong. But it's not like it happens everyday. The fact that it's making such a headline is something in itself. I think it's good that everybody is saying that it's wrong."

He did blame the youngsters' parents for failing to properly look after their children.

"You have to ask what their responsibilities are to their children," he said.

There was also an element of class consciousness in many reactions — not surprising in a country where status is often based on where you live, what car you drive and whether your children go to private school.

"I think it's very sad," said retiree Risdon Nicholls. "But they lived in a poor part of Eastbourne. That's not common practice in the rest of Eastbourne, which is a very smart town."

Nicholls said the British media was exploiting a one-time situation.

"They make it sound as if we're going to the dogs, and we're not," he said adamantly. "This is still a wonderful country — but it's clear standards have dropped."

Baby-faced dad, 13, raises "broken Britain" fears

*smh*

Ouch. I guess we'll have to wait until the baby gets a little older, we can see if the baby looked like the 13-year-old boy.

Ouch. I guess we'll have to wait until the baby gets a little older, we can see if the baby looked like the 13-year-old boy.

I still rather see the DNA test results first...since the other teenager said he's the father of the baby...this just keeps getting more and more interesting.

I guess I'm not surprised that the girl is a...well I'm not going to say it here since I bet some of u know what I'm going to say. :roll:

It seems so...thou I bet it is extremely rare for that to happen...same with boys at the age of 6 or 7 who can possibly become fathers as well.

Im thinking that kids need more sex education but you have these religious nutcases running around wanting to ban it from schools for fear of an increase in premarital sex. Only problem is when you completely ban it, and the parents never teach it at home, then you're only setting yourself up for an epic fail as teens will take it upon themselves to experiment on their own without any regard for any protection or consequences.

I say sex education should be mandatory in all schools beginning in at least Grade 3 with age appropriate material. By Grade 3 most kids understand that it takes a man and a woman to make a baby. At this age kids are beginning to get more and more curious. The first and second year of sex education would focus primarily on turning down sexual advances by anyone and reporting it to the proper authorities such as a parent, teacher, or police officer.

The third and fourth years (IE grades 5 and 6) would focus primarily on their bodily changes that are starting to take place and how to best deal with these changes and what it means. And again emphasize that at this age they are still far too young to make safe and rational decisions about any sexual act and it is best to turn down any and all sexual advances.

Grades 7-9 sex ed needs to focus on the immaturity level, their raging hormones, and introduction to various contraceptives that are available (and the school should make these available with regards to privacy at the same time) Perhaps when a student receives a school supplied contraceptive, the parents should be notified that their teen may be sexually active and a follow up meeting/counseling session between the student, the parents and a qualified sex ed teacher/adolescence counselor should take place within 7 days. This meeting would get everyone on the same page and everyone would be made aware of the risks involved and that contraceptives however helpful are not 100% guaranteed if used improperly and/or not used at all. And re-emphasize that contraceptives are better than no protection at all.

In grades 10-12, more young-adult based sex education would be mandatory still, such as the risks involved, peer talks from young parents that would be able to impart some very helpful counsel and advice to class participants, talks from people who do social work with young parents, and finally finishing off with the fact that if you feel that you are not ready to have child during this time in your life, then you are probably not in a position to be having sex period, let alone multiple partners. And that multiple partners does't necessarily mean having sex with 5 partners in one week, multiple partners can mean having sex with more than one person within a year.

Also at this final stage the pill and a birth control shot should also be made available. The girls who are on the pill should be monitored regularly about their pill use and consistently reminded that if they miss even just one day - they should consult their doctor about starting the pill regimen all over again and refraining from sex until having done so.

I know this sounds like a lot but if it is kept age appropriate and the students are shown the proper use of contraceptives and abstinence as an acceptable form of birth control, then we've got a chance of reducing the teen pregnancy rate.

The religious nutcases are failing to admit that completely banning sex ed from schools created the exact situation they were trying to avoid in the first place.

What's in God's name...? :eek3:

Jolie´s post
Whoah! A 5 years old girl was actually able to get pregnant? :shock:

moonflower´s post
holy cow about the youngest mom *thud*

JClarke´s post
wtf!?!?!?!

Babyblue´s post
:jaw: Whoa!! Oh wow!

Yes, my both sons asked me is 13 years old boy first youngest parent in the world? I told them that I think it´s 9 years old... My oldest son search and told me that it´s 5 years old girl... I doubt it and said that it´s impossible...so I search English websites to ask snope.com for this. I was appalled when snope.com confirm the claim is true... :shock:

Yes, my both sons asked me is 13 years old boy first youngest parent in the world? I told them that I think it´s 9 years old... My oldest son search and told me that it´s 5 years old girl... I doubt it and said that it´s impossible...so I search English websites to ask snope.com for this. I was appalled when snope.com confirm the claim is true... :shock:

Ah, I see.

I did not exactly read everything that was said on snopes.com but I have to wonder -- at 5 years old, the puberty is not even developed at that age and I'm quite curious how all that happened, you know?

Ah, I see.

I did not exactly read everything that was said on snopes.com but I have to wonder -- at 5 years old, the puberty is not even developed at that age and I'm quite curious how all that happened, you know?

Well, from what I've read on this 5 year old girl, she apparently had something going on with her pituitary gland that caused her to hit puberty much earlier than the average young teen. Most girls hit puberty at around 12 or 13 years old, some as early as 9 years old. And then she may have been a victim of incest or molestation by some nasty pervert. Her father was arrested on suspicions of incest, but was later released when they found no evidence.

I also don't like it that they have a picture of her naked during her pregnancy on snopes.com, since she was only 5 years old at the time the photo was taken. Only her eyes was blacked out, I think if they wanted the picture there on snopes.com for historical reasons, they should have put black blocks over her breasts and private area as well out of respect (which can be easily done with even ms paint or Photoshop).

Back