13 year old boy becomes...

I just read the article and --

He told the newspaper that he thought "it would be good to have a baby."

"I didn't think about how we would afford it. I don't really get pocket money. My dad sometimes gives me £10. When my mum found out, I thought I was going to get in trouble. We wanted to have the baby but were worried about how people would react. I didn't know what it would be like to be a dad. I will be good, though, and care for it."

You gotta be kidding me - The 13 year old father didn't THINK how they would be able to afford it? They also wanted the baby?

Dear Lord..... That is just..... unbelievable.

I just read the article and --

You gotta be kidding me - The 13 year old father didn't THINK how they would be able to afford it? They also wanted the baby?

Dear Lord..... That is just..... unbelievable.

I know. It just blows my mind. Something I found disturbing, too, was where the article said that 40 babies had been fathered by boys 15 and under in the last year.:shock:

I am glad that it is not being as glorified as the press made it seem at first!

It is an outrage!

Yeah, at least now the articles seem to be putting things into proper perspective. This situation is not something to celebrate.

I know. It just blows my mind. Something I found disturbing, too, was where the article said that 40 babies had been fathered by boys 15 and under in the last year.:shock:

Yeah, I saw that part too. If these 40 babies has been fathered by boys under 15 years old then why is it any different this time with the 13 years old boy, especially when the media is panning it's attention on that 13 years old boy?

Yeah, I saw that part too. If these 40 babies has been fathered by boys under 15 years old then why is it any different this time with the 13 years old boy, especially when the media is panning it's attention on that 13 years old boy?

Because he has a baby face and so innocent looking. :roll:

Just like the woman that had 8 babies!

Media loves that sort of frenzy.

The boy's Cute innocent remarks. But I realized now that the media just exploited him just like they wanted to.

Yes, I think what Babyblue said had quite a bit to do with it. Also, he and his family seemed to have no problem in talking to the media. Maybe the others weren't so willing to come forward. Had this been my son, I know I wouldn't have been willing to talk to the media. No way would I have wanted to give him any impression that this is acceptable.

For some reason I just have a hard time believing that kid is really the father...unless there's DNA testing proves that he is...so I'll believe it when I read it.

Sensationalism at its best. :crazy:

13 years old boys usually have wet dreams at this age and for parents to retort to comments that their daughters lost their virginity to a 13 year old boy is low.

Because he has a baby face and so innocent looking. :roll:

Just like the woman that had 8 babies!

Media loves that sort of frenzy.

The boy's Cute innocent remarks. But I realized now that the media just exploited him just like they wanted to.

Yes, I think what Babyblue said had quite a bit to do with it. Also, he and his family seemed to have no problem in talking to the media. Maybe the others weren't so willing to come forward. Had this been my son, I know I wouldn't have been willing to talk to the media. No way would I have wanted to give him any impression that this is acceptable.

Yeah, It makes you wonder why the medial does not have any moral respect for other people - Oh wait - That's right, They get paid for it even when it really stoops down that low. Basically, I have a love/hate relationship with the media because I hate how they try to exaggerate the story and throw it off into another issue when it is not there in the first place. I also love the media for presenting some interesting headlines/facts or whatever it is.

The truth is - Whether we hate the media or not, We still get a kick out of it regardless.

If it was my kids resorting to that kind of thing - I, too, would not want to talk to the media either.

Sad comments on the state of society, isn't it ladies?

Definitely.

Jolie said the comment that is true about this whole thing.

Whether we like it or not, we can't help but keep going back to the topic because it's like a bad car accident. You want to have a second look at it.

Definitely.

Jolie said the comment that is true about this whole thing.

Whether we like it or not, we can't help but keep going back to the topic because it's like a bad car accident. You want to have a second look at it.

Such is our nature. We go back and look with the thought of "Thank God that isn't me!" It gives a sense of our own superiority. Perfectly natural. Rarely do we follow "Thank God it isn't me" with the reality of "But it could be." because that points out that we are all vunerable.

Such is our nature. We go back and look with the thought of "Thank God that isn't me!" It gives a sense of our own superiority. Perfectly natural. Rarely do we follow "Thank God it isn't me" with the reality of "But it could be." because that points out that we are all vunerable.

Yes, it's our human flaw.

Yes, it's our human flaw.

Granted, it is our human flaw to see it and we fail to yet to think about it before making such judgment.

I don't know if it is just me but the way I think about the Media is - Their purpose is to get a reaction out of the public and to garner the attention, no matter how extreme the story may seem to be.

Back