our puppy attacked by stray pitbull

Sorry to hear about your sweet Rocky. That is so sad that there is no law about the biting or aggessive dog.

My next door neighbor had a dog but was put down cuz he bit another dog. I was shocked and said to my son well yea he almost bit me. Cuz I was trying to get the ball out of the yard where the dog was and I knew he knew me but find him growling at me and almost bit me. So I guess thing changed in him but I dont know what. At least he is rest in peace and not having to worry about getting bitten by that dog no more. He was a chow.

In Michigan law all pitbulls dogs are put down no matter what. As I have watched animal cops all the times.

Momma, I am glad that Rocky is recovery well and getting himself back to himself again. I am sure he will be glad to be alive and to stay with your family. :hug:

UPDATE!!! :dance:

Well, I talked to lobbyist last fall.. They said they are working on to pass the bill..which are alot people complained about it.. whew I am not only one.. its been over 500 cases of pitbulls and other breed dogs.. OMG!

But anyway.. I was going to lawsuit but I cant afford lawyer, some of our polices and decetive already negoaited the dog owner which they dont want me know or where he lives or he know where we lives.. because hes well known breaking laws and dangerous person.. so I went like.. :(

Then couple weeks ago I got letter from State of Minnesota.."for your information and your victim of crime" all the detials .... State of Minnesota DA vs, Dog Owner (name-bleep).. lol ..
but didnt say dog owner, i was looking through what its for .. didnt explain at all.. maybe it was for my son's shooting last summer... so I called the office.. and found out that its dog attack related that State of Minnesota DA are against the owner... also said that I am not the last victim.. :shock: yikes.. didnt tell me what happen but will find out .. TOMORROW..
Yes thats right the court will be tomorrow at 9am.. Oh man, I am nervous and angry.. I try to follow through... very sweet DA attonery.... he said.. will have an interpreter .. bring all your vet bills and some proofs that you already spend out of your pocket on your dog.. etc.. wow.
but not the trauma or pain& suffering.. have to bring my own lawyer.. :/ but this DA attonery said he will bring up how horrific it was that.. pitbull came direct to our puppy just few feet away from our last little three ones.. (sigh--thank god.. i still thank everyday for this day that it didnt go after the kids)..:)

well all i just want to update.. and asking you wish me luck.. :) I will bring some more update after the court.. how bad the other victims.. I am praying that it wasnt death pet or injury human :/

Thanks all ! :)

I'll pray for you and will come smooth for you court.. Hopefully your case win!
sue'm the owner who lose their pitbull and attack your dog...

Why can't Police press the charge to the owner? I forgot to ask you..
That what you mentioned about the police cannot help you correct? I'm trying to jog my memory.

Good luck in court!!! I hope everything works out in your favor. In some areas it is illegal to own pit-bulls, so it is not that far fetched to see legistation go through.

GalaxyAngel said:
Why can't Police press the charge to the owner? I forgot to ask you..
That what you mentioned about the police cannot help you correct? I'm trying to jog my memory.

In the original post I feel so so SO voilated after I found out... that Minnesota law have NO bite/vigious law...

The police cannot do much if it is not against the laws (police are there to enforce the law). That does not mean that the owner is not civilly liable, but criminally they are not. Now, if their city passes laws in regards to pet ownership and animal bites, then the police would be able to do something. In my city, animal bites are a police matter and doctors and hospitals are required to notify the police department of any attacks on people. When the police are involved, then our animal control department comes in and investigates. In most cases of attacks, the animal is taken away and the owner charged criminally with it.

good luck mama annie u ll succeed i know u will u got all your friends backing you up :)

Wow DoofusMama that's soo great to hear, I do hope they make it a law too ...

I'll be sure to say a prayer for you and the others as well....:grouphug:

I am printing the pictures on printer.. while i do this..

like to share.. how trauma he was in..

IMAG0245.jpg

IMAG0244.jpg

IMAG0246.jpg

IMAG0248.jpg

IMAG0249.jpg

IMAG0247.jpg

IMAG0279.jpg

IMAG0280.jpg

:) he still yet so sweet..

pau u mama!

u gave me chills! can't belive what they did to rocky i was FUMING!!!!! i was in kauai when momma annie Imed me she was SO up set when she saw this happening. i was stunned myself i told my partner she was like what! that crazy dog almost killed a beautiful dog! damn!

I truly belive that name rocky deffy stuck thru because, rocky is a survivor just like rocky balboa from the movies, deffy has EVERYTHING and tender heart and protective too! dang!

love to you momma glad rocky made it thru!

Awww, Your dog is so cute! I dislike Pitbulls with passion even mean ones! I wish people would keep their dogs on a leash when outdoors. I am glad that they're working on changing the law on pets attacks, You deserve justice for what happened to your dog and everyone else as well. Good luck to you Annie! :mrgreen:

:hug: wish you the best of luck at the court. I know it is not easy going thru all that trauma but at least something is being done. Hopefully going your way or some.

Thank you all.....

I am all ready and set to go.. but its only 8am.. just hoping that my mom is coming on time, which she tends to little late.. hope she comes EARLY so i can leave EARLY hehe..

I will come back and update.. some more :)

I pray that the owner of pitbull will cover the vet costs and then court will get local govenor to fix bite/vigious law in Minnesota...

Keep the new update... :hug:

awww your dog Rockey are tooo cuteeeee... I am glad that he's survived!!!!

Doofusmama,

Wishes you the best luck and attend the court.. and keep posted w/us everyone are rooting it for you..

Your dog is so quite cute!! Looking Inoccent!

DoofusMama said:
Thank you all.....

I am all ready and set to go.. but its only 8am.. just hoping that my mom is coming on time, which she tends to little late.. hope she comes EARLY so i can leave EARLY hehe..

I will come back and update.. some more :)

DoofusMama, How did everything go today?

Well well.. Its interesting case...

They have to posepone the court date to March 8th. which I dont need to be there...

I got there.. an interpreter was there.. DA Attonery was there... we discuss the case.. First of all, I was relieved that pitbull didnt attack anyone after my dog...
The owner is only just turned 19 years old.. The mother dont want him charged criminal cuz he has no prior criminal history.... sadly... both werent show up in the court.. their lawyer was waiting for them, was disappointed.. So.. the lawyer tried to negioated and resolution the case that pitbull owner pay the vet bills.. i accepted.

What happen.. the pitbull was not on leash, wandered around.. the animal control charged the owner... then two days after...
the pitbull was not on leash, wandered around again.. and attacked Rocky...
the animal control charged the owner... and
then two days later.. the pitbull did the same thing but animal control caught the pitbull and kept the pitbull till the owner pay full charges.. the owner dont want the dog back home.. and want to rid of the dog.. didnt say what to do with the dog either animal control too..
so thats why.
its felony.. cuz it happened 3 times.
if it happened 2 times.. will be misdeamdor..

(shakes my head).. its complicated.. they would nt do anything with the Law.. just put records and let the lobbyist and senators and congress.. all that bs.. (lol) sorry.. so they will over see the records need to get attention and change the law.. I cant do anything with it..

One thing. I didnt know that animal control was watching the pitbull to make sure its not wander again but caught him right away .. only 1/2 block from our home.. OMG.. just thankful that it didnt runs off and attack one of us again or others..

I asked DA... what if the owner make other excuse to not pay bill or show up on March 8th.. DA.. said the judge will sign a warrant for arrest..

well as long that they suppose to pay the vet bill and charges.. which I am satisfy.. I just hope they follow through.. if not.. he has to go jail..

Well you got what you deserved and glad it went thru. But at least it a start before the state legistation review the case and hoping to change the law.

Hope he pay up the vet bills and learn his lesson. Never again. Wonder what happened to the dog now??

Interesting this case..

Seems no an excuse.. being that boy pity! Make him wake up and should full responbile being let his dog wander'em... before happending next victim..

Hopefully that boy will pay for it... from your vet expenses!

interesting case. Hopefully your dog get better soon! :)

When I used to live in BC, the couple next door owned pitbulls two of them and get this.. they werent on leash ... they jumped over the fence and attacked my MIL and my husband had to chase after the pitbulls with baseball bats to defend himself and his mother .. I was right there with his mother.. I was very pregnant with my oldest.. scary experience :(

The next door neighbour moved out right after the attack....

I don't mind owning a pit bull... if people would read the owner manuals on pit bulls... then they would have less problems and give pit bulls a better reputation.

Right now the pit bull is getting a bad name in the press , it used to be the German Shepard, The Mastiff, Doberman Pinschers etc.

I would not worry about it too much or get upset all over it for nothing. It will blow over then people will realize the pitbull will be a good family pet. People used to know how to own a family pet during the World War II days when public moral values , showing respect was at an all time high compared to the filth we see today in the public.

Glad your puppy is alright. The laws that you make will one day not be there so that is something to think about because as the public becomes aware of how to really take care of a pitbull and become responsible owners then the law will not be needed anymore.

Back